Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Roster Breakdown: Jerrel Jernigan

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/3/...errel-jernigan

Excerpt: "When the Giants drafted Jerrel Jernigan in 2011 they were looking for him to become a playmaker both on ofense and special teams. They are still waiting to see that materialize.

Let's continue rolling through the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp by touching on wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan, who is entering his third season.

2012 Season In Review

In his second season Jernigan made only three catches for 22 yards, but they were the first three of his NFL career. The only kickoff he returned went for 60 yards. Jernigan once again had an opportunity to earn the punt return job but could not secure it because he could not convince the Giants he could secure the ball. While the numbers don't seem like much by season's end he had surpassed Ramses Barden on the depth chart and was getting a handful of snaps in sets calling for extra receivers while Barden sat." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He caught a tough break playing behind Cruz.

Comment

I would love if he could develop into a Brian Mitchellesque style returner. Sure hands and always the potential to take it to the house.

One can dream can't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        He caught a tough break playing behind Cruz.
        That's for sure, but I was surprised not to see him mentioned much, if at all, during the OTAs.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

JJ will have the opportunity to return kickoffs. He needs to do something with that opportunity. Just running it back to the 20 is not gonna cut it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
            JJ will have the opportunity to return kickoffs. He needs to do something with that opportunity. Just running it back to the 20 is not gonna cut it anymore.
            He won't have the job long if that's the case. Wilson is an available alternative and, while I would prefer Wilson just play on offense, I am also a big believer in field position and Wilson sure gives us that.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              That's for sure, but I was surprised not to see him mentioned much, if at all, during the OTAs.
              Till he tweaked his hammy...he was being praised
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                he had 1 return last yr, and it went for 60 yrds. just fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                  Till he tweaked his hammy...he was being praised
                  I was trying to stay away form the injury lol

Comment

I was trying to stay away form the injury lol
                    I think at this point it sounded more precautionary than serious but well see
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Comment

I think at this point it sounded more precautionary than serious but well see
                      You're probably right. Wasn't it on the last day of mini-camp?

Comment

You're probably right. Wasn't it on the last day of mini-camp?
                        yes it was late and until then he was getting the same comments as the other got from the the last otas....all I can say is it sure is nice to have this kind of depth at a position that for most of my life has been very unproductive

Comment

yes it was late and until then he was getting the same comments as the other got from the the last otas....all I can say is it sure is nice to have this kind of depth at a position that for most of my life has been very unproductive
                          No argument there

Comment

No argument there
                            We go awfully deep at WR, that is nice.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              We go awfully deep at WR, that is nice.
                              Man, imagine having a 5 WR set with degrees of quality at all five?

Comment

Working...
                              X