Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Giants a Candidate to Sign Steve Spagnuolo, Says Sal Paolantonio

Everyone is scared the Eagles will sign Spags so here

[link]http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/new-york-giants-a-candidate-to-sign-steve-spagnuolo-says-sal-paolantonio/[/link]

"If the Eagles want Spagnuolo to come back to Philadelphia, they're going to have to make a huge pitch to do that," Paolantonio said. "I think Spagnuolo has a better chance of going to New York than Philadelphia."

@MikeGarafolo: Re: all this Spags-to-the-Eagles talk, everyone realizes he didn’t exactly enjoy his last year in Philly, right? (See quote in next tweet)

@MikeGarafolo: Quote from friend in ’08 Star-Ledger story on Spags after Reid kept him from being a DC elsewhere “Those were probably the darkest days.”

@MikeGarafolo: More from Spags’ friend in ’08: “Working for the Eagles the last year was very tough for him.” Not saying it won’t happen but keep in mind.

@MikeGarafolo: Aha! Found the Spags story online. It’s from our Kevin Manahan 1/6/08 (the day of the Giants-Bucs playoff game): [link]http://t.co/7RXDi4y0[/link]

Re: New York Giants a Candidate to Sign Steve Spagnuolo, Says Sal Paolantonio

Thats interesting...

Comment

interesting ... time for us to get somebody they want

i wonder how Perry Fewell is feeling about that ... hopefully he blocks out those distractions and cooks up something good for the Boys

but, for Spags it does make sense ... he'll have some studs again to work with on D and let's face it, Tom isn't the youngest coach on the block

Comment

Nothing like the pressure of another coach taking your job to make you focus hard on trying to prove you deserve to keep it.

Comment

I always thought that Spags would rather come back here than go back to Philly. He had greater success here and remained very close to TC. I remember seeing before the Rams game, that Spags said he would frequently call TC for advice... and then mentioned Reid kind of as an afterthought.

Comment

awesome post and article..I cannot see Spags going back to Philthy, he hated it there and its obvious Reid isnt going anywhere. Unless Reid is fired, which I doubt will happen, Spags wont go back. Why would he?

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]interesting ... time for us to get somebody they want

i wonder how Perry Fewell is feeling about that ... hopefully he blocks out those distractions and cooks up something good for the Boys

but, for Spags it does make sense ... he'll have some studs again to work with on D and let's face it, Tom isn't the youngest coach on the block[/quote]

If Fewell is on borrowed time, it's in his best interest to finish strongly, so he'll have something to show potential suitors, other than those games we gave up close to 40.....

Comment

That would be nice to have him back. Coll too because my sister went to Springfield College.

Comment

Here is Sal Pal on Philly radio discussing Spags:

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/e...tryID=10330378

Comment

IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year.

Comment

[quote user="Gianthunter"]IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year.[/quote]

I think he has to go the coordinator route again to get his next HC job.

The RAMs job was just a no-win scenario for him.

The RAMs should have either brought in a HC who has built a team before, or given Spags a lot more help than they did.

I think he deserves one more year, and this is part of the problem with the Rams. They do not stick with guys.

Spags is respected there, and his players didn't quit on him. I know they didn't win a lot and this year was a huge step backwards, but we'll see what happens.

If he does get fired, I think we have a good shot at bringing him back, if that is what the team wants to do.

All things being equal, I think any coach would prefer to be in NY for the Maras as opposed to being in Philly for Lurie. No one treats people better than we do. Dallas and Denver are just as good as we are, but no one is better.

Comment

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"]Everyone is scared the Eagles will sign Spags so here

[link]http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/new-york-giants-a-candidate-to-sign-steve-spagnuolo-says-sal-paolantonio/[/link]

"If the Eagles want Spagnuolo to come back to Philadelphia, they're going to have to make a huge pitch to do that," Paolantonio said. "I think Spagnuolo has a better chance of going to New York than Philadelphia."

@MikeGarafolo: Re: all this Spags-to-the-Eagles talk, everyone realizes he didn’t exactly enjoy his last year in Philly, right? (See quote in next tweet)

@MikeGarafolo: Quote from friend in ’08 Star-Ledger story on Spags after Reid kept him from being a DC elsewhere “Those were probably the darkest days.”

@MikeGarafolo: More from Spags’ friend in ’08: “Working for the Eagles the last year was very tough for him.” Not saying it won’t happen but keep in mind.

@MikeGarafolo: Aha! Found the Spags story online. It’s from our Kevin Manahan 1/6/08 (the day of the Giants-Bucs playoff game): [link]http://t.co/7RXDi4y0[/link][/quote]

AWESOME story

and great news lol!
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"]Everyone is scared the Eagles will sign Spags so here

@MikeGarafolo: Aha! Found the Spags story online. It’s from our Kevin Manahan 1/6/08 (the day of the Giants-Bucs playoff game): [link]http://t.co/7RXDi4y0[/link][/quote]

I like the idea...i know some might say that they don't want to give him a chance at HC given his track record but I think that he will learn from his experience and that he really didn't have much talent in St Louis to begin with...

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE PLEASE!!!

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Gianthunter"]IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year.[/quote]

I think he has to go the coordinator route again to get his next HC job.

The RAMs job was just a no-win scenario for him.

The RAMs should have either brought in a HC who has built a team before, or given Spags a lot more help than they did.

I think he deserves one more year, and this is part of the problem with the Rams.* They do not stick with guys.

Spags is respected there, and his players didn't quit on him.* I know they didn't win a lot and this year was a huge step backwards, but we'll see what happens.

If he does get fired, I think we have a good shot at bringing him back, if that is what the team wants to do.

All things being equal, I think any coach would prefer to be in NY for the Maras as opposed to being in Philly for Lurie.* No one treats people better than we do.* Dallas and Denver are just as good as we are, but no one is better.
                              [/quote]
                              I agree Tommy, Spags will most likely have to take another DC spot and prove himself all over again as a lot of guys have done....

Comment

Working...
                              X