Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Giants, Including Tom Coughlin, Would Headline NFC East All-Pro Team

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/4/...on-pierre-paul

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Jason Pierre-Paul and Antrel Rolle would be a part of an NFC East All-Pro Team, according to NFL.com

NFL.com blogger Dave Dameshek had an idea: What if each division had its own All-Pro team?In the NFC East's All-Pro team, the New York Giants had five representatives, including coach Tom Coughlin. Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz were selected as two of the three wide receivers, while Jason Pierre-Paul and Antrel Rolle would be on the defense.

At quarterback, Dameshek went with RGIII over Eli Manning, a decision that may be a bit "prisoner of the moment." Manning, of course, has two Super Bowl rings to his name, while RGIII is the reigning Rookie of the Year and considered to be a part of the next wave of elite quarterbacks.

At this point in time, however, it's Manning who is the more proven quarterback." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I would have taken Manning over RG3 easily... especially with the injury concerns still a big issue for the latter. Also, with that OL and Alfred Morris or McCoy, Manning would have a lot easier time as well...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Hard to imagine RGIII beating out Eli at this stage in their careers.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

RG3 won't make it through the season in that offense. I'm not wishing bad things for the kid, I'm just stating the facts. The kid takes way too many hits in that offense. I wish they would have changed the offense and taught him how to be a traditional drop back QB, but hey if they want to turn him into a tackling dummy we will oblige and lay his ***** out.
        Last edited by B&RWarrior; 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
          RG3 won't make it through the season in that offense. I'm not wishing bad things for the kid, I'm just stating the facts. The kid takes way too many hits in that offense. I wish they would have changed the offense and taught him how to be a traditional drop back QB, but hey if they want to turn him into a tackling dummy we will oblige and lay his ***** out.
          It makes me wonder if they just signed Griffin to be a win-now QB, while they secretly groom Cousins...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

RG over Eli........dumb
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              RG over Eli........dumb
              That really seems a far fetch. Plus who knows how his recovery is really going and how his mobility might be affected?

Comment

Not only is RGIII over Eli dumb, Prince should certainly get the nod over Claiborne. I'd say Beatty over Peters, too. Peters didn't even play last year as he tore the same Achilles tendon twice.

Comment

Thats more like Probowl team of the NFC East. JPP wasnt that good last year, Nicks wasnt either with his injury. If we are talking careers no way its RGIII over Eli. That makes no sense. RG3 is the Probowl QB of the divison though because the fans want to see the most exciting players, and RG3 is a lot more exciting to watch, when he isnt on crutches.
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Not only is RGIII over Eli dumb, Prince should certainly get the nod over Claiborne. I'd say Beatty over Peters, too. Peters didn't even play last year as he tore the same Achilles tendon twice.
                    Hell no! Peters may be the best in the game when healthy.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                      Hell no! Peters may be the best in the game when healthy.
                      He's good, but he didn't play at all last year and had two tears in the same Achilles. If you're talking about an All-Pro NFCE team from last year/this year, how can you honestly have Peters in it?

Comment

He's good, but he didn't play at all last year and had two tears in the same Achilles. If you're talking about an All-Pro NFCE team from last year/this year, how can you honestly have Peters in it?
                        Thats a great point. If the criteria was Right now then Peters should not be in it. BUT if it was for career than he would be but than obviously Eli should have gotten in over rgIII. So what was it based on?
                        Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

That's a valid point. The Achilles could change the kind of player he can be too. It's one of the worst injuries a football player can have.

Comment

What I find humorous is every year the Cowboys have a TON of people voted into the pro bowl. Yet, if you have an NFC east all star team they don't fair nearly as well. So people think they are these players are the best in the NFL but not the best in the NFC East.
                            sigpic

Comment

I couldn't believe that. But ya know rg3 is the one with two superbowls right...

Comment

Working...
                              X