No announcement yet.

Minus injuries. I believe the 2017 NYG are the greatest team to ever go 2-12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minus injuries. I believe the 2017 NYG are the greatest team to ever go 2-12

Letís face it. We have a lot of talent here. Sure there are some players that need replaced. But look around at the perennial bottom feeders. We have no business being 2-12. Donít get me wrong. Itís very exciting to have a fresh start w everything new from the top down. But this team is really a few OL pieces, LBs, and safety away from being a serious contender.

Hereís my ideal situation. A gritty defensive minded HC. He hires the best OC money can buy. And we coach up these guys to bring back real giants pride. Something similar to what the Vikings are doing.

Next we put together anything we can to bring in some hard nosed gritty OL. Keep Fluker too.

We keep Eli. We school Webb. We put together a run first type offense, and draft the beast from my home state. (Barkley). We pound the ball and punish teams. Then finish them off with the skill players we have. ( Odell, SS, EE). *****Take a flyer on Terrell Pryor for a big tall receiver.

On defense. We get young, take some chances on some high pride LBs. I like DK. I think with support and coaching, he can be a great situational LB. I think Casillas needs to go. He is in slow motion. Atlanta has small unknown fast backers. And they fly to the ball. We get young and fast. We keep the rabbit happy, we keep DRC to school Eli Apple. We spend a lot of time on Eli Apple. We spent a high pick on him. Letís reap the benefits. The ends. I was a big supporter of keeping the 1 arm bandit. But he looks terrible out there. Watching him play is like watching 10 yard fight from an old Nintendo game. He just dances and jumps.
    We get a defensive minded coach who gets the most out of these guys. We have the talent.

Special teams. A whole new philosophy. We have a 2-14 type of special teams. Horrible.

I wanna see a GM come in, hire his coach. And use what we have here, we have some studs to work with. Just need to maximize there approach and desire.

Originally posted by jintslifer1 View Post
    Letís face it. We have a lot of talent here. Sure there are some players that need replaced. But look around at the perennial bottom feeders. We have no business being 2-12. Donít get me wrong. Itís very exciting to have a fresh start w everything new from the top down. But this team is really a few OL pieces, LBs, and safety away from being a serious contender.

Hereís my ideal situation. A gritty defensive minded HC. He hires the best OC money can buy. And we coach up these guys to bring back real giants pride. Something similar to what the Vikings are doing.

Next we put together anything we can to bring in some hard nosed gritty OL. Keep Fluker too.

We keep Eli. We school Webb. We put together a run first type offense, and draft the beast from my home state. (Barkley). We pound the ball and punish teams. Then finish them off with the skill players we have. ( Odell, SS, EE). *****Take a flyer on Terrell Pryor for a big tall receiver.

On defense. We get young, take some chances on some high pride LBs. I like DK. I think with support and coaching, he can be a great situational LB. I think Casillas needs to go. He is in slow motion. Atlanta has small unknown fast backers. And they fly to the ball. We get young and fast. We keep the rabbit happy, we keep DRC to school Eli Apple. We spend a lot of time on Eli Apple. We spent a high pick on him. Letís reap the benefits. The ends. I was a big supporter of keeping the 1 arm bandit. But he looks terrible out there. Watching him play is like watching 10 yard fight from an old Nintendo game. He just dances and jumps.
    We get a defensive minded coach who gets the most out of these guys. We have the talent.

Special teams. A whole new philosophy. We have a 2-14 type of special teams. Horrible.

I wanna see a GM come in, hire his coach. And use what we have here, we have some studs to work with. Just need to maximize there approach and desire.
    I don't agree with all of this but I definitely agree with some of it. I really want a gritty HC and a gritty OL too. We should've gotten Incognito when we had the chance. I don't think the thread title is far off. I found it mildly hilarious that at 2-10, and with injuries across the board, having given up 3 freaking special teams blocks, and a horrible interception, we were still driving to win the game against the Eagles who are the NFC favorite.

And it's not like Wentz's injury really affected this game much. Foles played well and did what he had to do.

Comment

Everyone has there ideal plan for the giants. I read these boards probably 10-15 times a day for the last 10 years. And I havenít been this excited about the future in awhile. Itís just a chance to change things here. We have been tweeking and twerking for to long. I hope we get an open minded new front office. I really canít wait for the draft and free agency.

Comment

Everyone has there ideal plan for the giants. I read these boards probably 10-15 times a day for the last 10 years. And I havenít been this excited about the future in awhile. Itís just a chance to change things here. We have been tweeking and twerking for to long. I hope we get an open minded new front office. I really canít wait for the draft and free agency.
        I totally agree.

I just don't see why so many have succumb to this motion we have to suck the next 3 to 5 years bc it's gonna take that long to rebuild.

I prefer restock not rebuild just restock the OL and add a few d pieces that is not this mt Everest of a task...at least not for a competent gm.

those saying eli is done...pls reserve judgement until u see him next season is all I ask. He ain't close that ain't me that's him on film making throws but a few other qb can make.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

I totally agree.

I just don't see why so many have succumb to this motion we have to suck the next 3 to 5 years bc it's gonna take that long to rebuild.

I prefer restock not rebuild just restock the OL and add a few d pieces that is not this mt Everest of a task...at least not for a competent gm.

those saying eli is done...pls reserve judgement until u see him next season is all I ask. He ain't close that ain't me that's him on film making throws but a few other qb can make.
          Agreed. I still want to draft a QB 1st round but would like to see Eli back with hopefully a retooled OL and better system put in place than McAdoos to make one last run at it. Having OBJ back and healthy will be a huge boost. This way whichever kid they take at QB will get to learn under an experienced vet and be ready to take over when that time comes.

Comment

Talented teams donít **** the bed on a weekly basis.
            This was the ďperfect stormĒ of a season.
            A moron for a head coach.
            A GM who wouldnít know a decent offensive lineman if he **** on his head.
            An offensive gameplan that rivals junior high coaches.
            Players quitting...
            And on top of that **** sandwich... injuries..
            Last edited by primetime; 12-19-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

And the Titanic was the greatest ship to never make port.
              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                Players quitting...
                I completely agree. My high school just won its 8th state title, also the same high school as hyno graduated from. Iíve seen twice the attention to detail from our coach, the creativity, the adjustments, as what Mac-a- deuschbag was able to bring here.

On a different note. Itís not giants related. But we currently have the #1 rates WR in the country and he is in 10th grade. He plans on attending PSU and is a Big giants fan. Anyone who wants to see a young man w talent. Check out Julian Fleming. I graduated w his mother. This kid, I pray to god someday Is a GIANT

Comment

I completely agree. My high school just won its 8th state title, also the same high school as hyno graduated from. Iíve seen twice the attention to detail from our coach, the creativity, the adjustments, as what Mac-a- deuschbag was able to bring here.

On a different note. Itís not giants related. But we currently have the #1 rates WR in the country and he is in 10th grade. He plans on attending PSU and is a Big giants fan. Anyone who wants to see a young man w talent. Check out Julian Fleming. I graduated w his mother. This kid, I pray to god someday Is a GIANT
                  +1
                  "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Type in Julian Fleming HUDL. Remember he is in 10th grade and played all year w a torn labrum. He of course had 36 tds and 1600 yds. Normally only playing 1/2 the game because itís in the mercy rule.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                      And the Titanic was the greatest ship to never make port.
                      True....and hilarious.

The last time we hired the best OC money can buy we went from 28th in scoring to 13th an increase of 5.5 points per game. His name was Ben McAdoo and we just fired him. Let's just hope the next GM can get a decent line put together and the next coach has some sort of offensive skills. With this talent we should get 21 rather easily every game.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                        True....and hilarious.

The last time we hired the best OC money can buy we went from 28th in scoring to 13th an increase of 5.5 points per game. His name was Ben McAdoo and we just fired him. Let's just hope the next GM can get a decent line put together and the next coach has some sort of offensive skills. With this talent we should get 21 rather easily every game.
                        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                          Players quitting...
                          LOL primetime, you had me laughing so hard my eyes were watering. You sound like me ! But hang on buddy there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train coming head on. It's been a bumpy ride but in your own words ****sandwich of a season is almost over.

Once the season ends "Good " is going to start to happen. It looks as though everything you mentioned is being corrected as we speak. Hang in there partner.

Comment

I may not agree with everything you said but I definitely agree with your overall premise that our team is a lot better than their record and we have a lot of good players.

I am definitely of the view that the coaching staff has let this organization down and I have every confidence that we will be a tough team to play next year.
                            Let's see what a new GM and coaching staff can bring.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Be careful putting too many hopes and dreams on a kid in 10th grade. I went to school with Barry Baker (North Babylon) who set the Long Island career TD record with 77, that record was later broken by Jason Gwaltney with 135 also from NB. These kids were both amazing high school RBs, some of the best ever from Long Island. They were even compared to Jim Brown. Then they went to college and both were moved to defense and both did nothing on the field in college. Also a common theme with Barry and Jason was they both were ineligible to play at some point due to grades, so reach out to Julian and tell that dude to study his *** off.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X