Minus injuries. I believe the 2017 NYG are the greatest team to ever go 2-12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I may not agree with everything you said but I definitely agree with your overall premise that our team is a lot better than their record and we have a lot of good players.

I am definitely of the view that the coaching staff has let this organization down and I have every confidence that we will be a tough team to play next year.
    Let's see what a new GM and coaching staff can bring.
    + 1

coaching has been the millstone around this teams neck for several years. Yes roster could have been better in some area over the years but there is no excuse for losing the number of games this team has lost over the past number of seasons considering the players they did have. People should take a minute to look around the NFL every once and a while and see what other tems are dealing with.

I am optimistic that real change is finally coming

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

I don't agree with all of this but I definitely agree with some of it. I really want a gritty HC and a gritty OL too. We should've gotten Incognito when we had the chance. I don't think the thread title is far off. I found it mildly hilarious that at 2-10, and with injuries across the board, having given up 3 freaking special teams blocks, and a horrible interception, we were still driving to win the game against the Eagles who are the NFC favorite.

And it's not like Wentz's injury really affected this game much. Foles played well and did what he had to do.
      Don't forget we should have won in their stadium early in the year if it weren't for Apple, Wing and a ****ing rook hitting a 61 yarder - a rook who has been below average since that kick.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

Don't forget we should have won in their stadium early in the year if it weren't for Apple, Wing and a ****ing rook hitting a 61 yarder - a rook who has been below average since that kick.
        I really don't like the.."we should have won" stuff. The fact is that those guys you mentioned are on the team. Plus the defense in general blew that game after we took the lead.
        The bottom line is that every one of our 12 losses was well earned.
        I'm sure the Chiefs are saying to themselves that "we should have beaten the Giants".

Other than that, I DO think we can right the ship next year with smart decisions in personnel and bringing in the right coaches.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Be careful putting too many hopes and dreams on a kid in 10th grade. I went to school with Barry Baker (North Babylon) who set the Long Island career TD record with 77, that record was later broken by Jason Gwaltney with 135 also from NB. These kids were both amazing high school RBs, some of the best ever from Long Island. They were even compared to Jim Brown. Then they went to college and both were moved to defense and both did nothing on the field in college. Also a common theme with Barry and Jason was they both were ineligible to play at some point due to grades, so reach out to Julian and tell that dude to study his *** off.
          Yea Iím definitely aware that kids fall off from partying, not doing work. But believe me, this kid has all the tools including being ranked 4-5 in his class. He loves Odell and you should see his 1 handed grabs during games. In all my years following high school ball anywhere. Iím never seen anything like this kid. Iíve seen some good ones from the Pitt area who play on sundays now. This kid is different.

Comment

Originally posted by jintslifer1 View Post
            Yea Iím definitely aware that kids fall off from partying, not doing work. But believe me, this kid has all the tools including being ranked 4-5 in his class. He loves Odell and you should see his 1 handed grabs during games. In all my years following high school ball anywhere. Iím never seen anything like this kid. Iíve seen some good ones from the Pitt area who play on sundays now. This kid is different.
            It has nothing to due with partying. The college game is so much more competitive than the high school game, similar to going pro from college. There are over a million kids playing highschool football, 5.7% play in the NCAA. Suddenly kids go from being the biggest/fastest/best in the area to just being average. Natural talent only takes you so far.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Letís face it. We have a lot of talent here. Sure there are some players that need replaced. But look around at the perennial bottom feeders. We have no business being 2-12. Donít get me wrong. Itís very exciting to have a fresh start w everything new from the top down. But this team is really a few OL pieces, LBs, and safety away from being a serious contender.

Hereís my ideal situation. A gritty defensive minded HC. He hires the best OC money can buy. And we coach up these guys to bring back real giants pride. Something similar to what the Vikings are doing.

Next we put together anything we can to bring in some hard nosed gritty OL. Keep Fluker too.

We keep Eli. We school Webb. We put together a run first type offense, and draft the beast from my home state. (Barkley). We pound the ball and punish teams. Then finish them off with the skill players we have. ( Odell, SS, EE). *****Take a flyer on Terrell Pryor for a big tall receiver.

On defense. We get young, take some chances on some high pride LBs. I like DK. I think with support and coaching, he can be a great situational LB. I think Casillas needs to go. He is in slow motion. Atlanta has small unknown fast backers. And they fly to the ball. We get young and fast. We keep the rabbit happy, we keep DRC to school Eli Apple. We spend a lot of time on Eli Apple. We spent a high pick on him. Letís reap the benefits. The ends. I was a big supporter of keeping the 1 arm bandit. But he looks terrible out there. Watching him play is like watching 10 yard fight from an old Nintendo game. He just dances and jumps.
              We get a defensive minded coach who gets the most out of these guys. We have the talent.

Special teams. A whole new philosophy. We have a 2-14 type of special teams. Horrible.team

I wanna see a GM come in, hire his coach. And use what we have here, we have some studs to work with. Just need to maximize there approach and desire.
              hey are a very bad

No, they are 2-12 because they are a very bad team. Even without the injuries, they still would have been a bad team without an offensive line and or a legitimate no. 1 RB. If healthy and being optimistic, they could have maybe won 5 games.

Comment

Letís face it. We have a lot of talent here. Sure there are some players that need replaced. But look around at the perennial bottom feeders. We have no business being 2-12. Donít get me wrong. Itís very exciting to have a fresh start w everything new from the top down. But this team is really a few OL pieces, LBs, and safety away from being a serious contender.

Hereís my ideal situation. A gritty defensive minded HC. He hires the best OC money can buy. And we coach up these guys to bring back real giants pride. Something similar to what the Vikings are doing.

Next we put together anything we can to bring in some hard nosed gritty OL. Keep Fluker too.

We keep Eli. We school Webb. We put together a run first type offense, and draft the beast from my home state. (Barkley). We pound the ball and punish teams. Then finish them off with the skill players we have. ( Odell, SS, EE). *****Take a flyer on Terrell Pryor for a big tall receiver.

On defense. We get young, take some chances on some high pride LBs. I like DK. I think with support and coaching, he can be a great situational LB. I think Casillas needs to go. He is in slow motion. Atlanta has small unknown fast backers. And they fly to the ball. We get young and fast. We keep the rabbit happy, we keep DRC to school Eli Apple. We spend a lot of time on Eli Apple. We spent a high pick on him. Letís reap the benefits. The ends. I was a big supporter of keeping the 1 arm bandit. But he looks terrible out there. Watching him play is like watching 10 yard fight from an old Nintendo game. He just dances and jumps.
                We get a defensive minded coach who gets the most out of these guys. We have the talent.

Special teams. A whole new philosophy. We have a 2-14 type of special teams. Horrible.

I wanna see a GM come in, hire his coach. And use what we have here, we have some studs to work with. Just need to maximize there approach and desire.
                Yeah I think they need to be run first. No way can they skip this year on a QB though, ima pull my hair out if I have to see Eli and Geno again for the next few years. I want Eli to have a great run for it but if we stink it up again next year Id rather have a QB ready to go. Eli could of won couples games this year. This is second time this year he couldnt do a last minutes drive to win the game against the Eagles. They should of had them twice. I think them not being able to score for winning drives could be because of ODB being gone....he did save us like 5 games last season

Comment

We don't know who are GM, HC, QB, draft picks, or free agents will be. There is a lot to be learned before we can formulate opinions, and these are major variables, not minor tweaks.

We are 2-12 for a few reasons:

(1) Our once good defense completely shut down. Yes, injuries were part of it, but it can't be blamed solely on that. Guys who played great last year played poorly this year. Not sure why, but this is a fact.

(2) Our offensive line was dreadful, and there was nothing surprising about that.

(3) We played most of the season without Beckham. This was huge. In 2016 we won a ton of close games where he took a four yard slant and turned it into a 70 yard TD. We didn't have anyone who could do that this year.

(4) Our coaching was brutal. It was the same guys as last year, but last year we won in spite of them. This year it showed. McAdoo was incompetent.

(5) Our QB play was inconsistent at best.

(6) Our specials were a disgrace.

Is all of that going to get fixed in one season? Let's see. How many teams can you think of in the past 30 years that went 2-14 or 3-13 and contended in the following season?

Comment

the O-line excuse. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                      the O-line excuse. Crazy
                      What is crazy about it? You think a poor O line has nothing to do with our struggles?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

What is crazy about it? You think a poor O line has nothing to do with our struggles?
                        Many teams O-line is similar to the Giants O--line. Bad play design can make the O-line look bad. There are defensive formations that are hard to block against so audible need to be called. If not, the defensive formation naturally will disrupt the blocking assignments. Were there any audibles called, did the O-line that only consist of only 5 blockera get assiatance by backs and tes. I design plays and my backs and tes along with wrs have to block because of how the draw play and screens work.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Bad play design can make the O-line look bad.
                          This is true, I guess, but I will counter that a couple of people in the QB's face within 2 seconds of the snap on just about every pass play can make the OL look bad, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

I agree, the O-line is the worse I have seen for the Giants in the last 30 Years, with the exception of maybe last year......which ch was the SAME O-line. What is so disgusting about it was the fact the Giants knew their O-line was horrible and they did nothing about it.....total incompetence by the front office.

Comment

Originally posted by GCGiant View Post

This is true, I guess, but I will counter that a couple of people in the QB's face within 2 seconds of the snap on just about every pass play can make the OL look bad, too.
                              Football is a Numbers game. Five blockers can't block seven man rush or 6 man rush.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

It has nothing to due with partying. The college game is so much more competitive than the high school game, similar to going pro from college. There are over a million kids playing highschool football, 5.7% play in the NCAA. Suddenly kids go from being the biggest/fastest/best in the area to just being average. Natural talent only takes you so far.
                                Mike. If you type in his name. U will see that he is the number 1 recruit for the entire country for the 2020 class

Comment

Working...
                                X