Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Teams knew Eli Apple was Immature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some Teams knew Eli Apple was Immature

    https://www.google.com/amp/detroit.c...st-a-baby/amp/

    I recalled that it was mentioned that he had no life skills and was a Mamas boy. I think the old regime was so high on not signing guys with character concerns, but they whiff on Mr. Wholesome

    At the time I thought the report was weird, but now I see clearly
    Long Live the King

  • #2
    Reese is an idiot. I laugh at people defending his drafting abilities. The 2 guys he wanted got picked right in front of him via trades and he panicked.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Reese is an idiot. I laugh at people defending his drafting abilities. The 2 guys he wanted got picked right in front of him via trades and he panicked.
      Certainly looks like that's what happened ....

      For a second it looked like he might have gotten lucky and hit on a good player anyway ... now, not so much ....
      Last edited by TCHOF; 12-21-2017, 09:08 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Reese is an idiot. I laugh at people defending his drafting abilities. The 2 guys he wanted got picked right in front of him via trades and he panicked.
        Yep. We definetly should've traded down that draft. Apple just had prototypical size, I was never that impressed with him at the Buckeyes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Reese is an idiot. I laugh at people defending his drafting abilities. The 2 guys he wanted got picked right in front of him via trades and he panicked.
          not the first time the "smartest guy in the room...." got snookered... All Pro Doug Martin TB vs fumble prone, non blocking skill, smurf (2nd rd projection) David Wilson.

          Comment


          • #6
            Tunsil was sitting right there...

            Comment


            • #7
              Everyone's draft board had Hargreaves in the Top 15 with Eli at Top 20s at best. Yet Reese wanted to look smarter than everyone in the room. Not that Hargreaves is playing lights out but damn did Eli turn out to be a bust. This is also when we had two great CBs already.

              Comment


              • #8
                When Tunsil got in trouble I thought to myself, we hit the freaking jackpot! How could we possibly get so lucky. He's going top 4 and now he's dropping to us for something stupid. He should have been evaluated better, you can't just knock a guy completely because of one thing. It doesn't mean he's a complete burnout.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                  When Tunsil got in trouble I thought to myself, we hit the freaking jackpot! How could we possibly get so lucky. He's going top 4 and now he's dropping to us for something stupid. He should have been evaluated better, you can't just knock a guy completely because of one thing. It doesn't mean he's a complete burnout.
                  I completely agree. It's unbelievable that we still didn't take him. How many people care about the stupid gas mask today?? NO ONE. It was so obvious that it was a petty little thing and a bunch of cowardly GMs, including Reese, gave in and let him fall. Oh well.

                  Now there'll be several posters who say "Tunsil hasn't done that well in Miami." First off, he has done fine. Second off, how has Ereck Flowers done? LOL. How has Eli Apple done? LOL. Tunsil is leagues ahead of both.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                    When Tunsil got in trouble I thought to myself, we hit the freaking jackpot! How could we possibly get so lucky. He's going top 4 and now he's dropping to us for something stupid. He should have been evaluated better, you can't just knock a guy completely because of one thing. It doesn't mean he's a complete burnout.
                    So tired of hearing how great Tunsil is. He is struggling mightily with the Dolphins. Doesn't mean I like the Eli Apple pick but let's not make Tunsil out to be some all pro offensive linemen just yet.

                    Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

                    Now there'll be several posters who say "Tunsil hasn't done that well in Miami." First off, he has done fine. Second off, how has Ereck Flowers done? LOL. How has Eli Apple done? LOL. Tunsil is leagues ahead of both.
                    Says you. I disagree and so does the Dolphins.
                    Last edited by repeatchamps; 12-21-2017, 09:56 AM.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

                      So tired of hearing how great Tunsil is. He is struggling mightily with the Dolphins. Doesn't mean I like the Eli Apple pick but let's not make Tunsil out to be some all pro offensive linemen just yet.
                      I didn't... i said Tunsil was there.. which yes would have been better than the Apple pick so far in their careers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How prophetic was that anonymous GM who said that Eli Apple has maturity issues b/c he can't cook a simple meal? Reese was one of the GMs who scoffed at that idea. Turns out the GM was right all along. We need to find out who it was and hire him!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He doesn't need to be an All-Pro, but I'd sure rather of had him than Apple. And the fact that OL is such a weakness of ours. I mean I could pick about 50 guys I'd rather have drafted if I look back. But at the time without knowing what we know now, definitely Tunsil especially with how bad our line was at the time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                            He doesn't need to be an All-Pro, but I'd sure rather of had him than Apple. And the fact that OL is such a weakness of ours. I mean I could pick about 50 guys I'd rather have drafted if I look back. But at the time without knowing what we know now, definitely Tunsil especially with how bad our line was at the time.
                            Maybe so but I doubt Tunsil would have thrived here (considering in Miami he is struggling too) being surrounded by utter garbage (maybe other than Pugh but he can't stay healthy) in the other 4 spots on the line and everyone here would be crying what a bust he is because he'd be struggling royally.
                            Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Immaturity is a natural stage for many of these guys. As long as they can be coached and do not get in any criminal activities, I'm ok with it.
                              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                              Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X