• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
    The fact a scout had to ask him about his sexuality, is another red flag
    For that scout?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

For that scout?
      I Don't want to make this an "Eli is gay topic" because I could care less. I believe one of the best DB's in football is gay.

But that is not the type of question you typically ask another football player.
      Last edited by Gee718; 12-21-2017, 07:20 PM.
      Long Live the King

Comment

I Don't want to make this an "Eli is gay topic" because I could care less. I believe one of the best DB's in football is gay.

But that is not the type of question you typically ask another football player.
        They're not allowed to. This statement came from the league, I think in 2013:

"Like all employers, our teams are expected to follow applicable federal, state and local employment laws. It is league policy to neither consider nor inquire about sexual orientation in the hiring process.

In addition, there are specific protections in our Collective Bargaining Agreement with the players that prohibit discrimination against any player, including on the basis of sexual orientation. Any team or employee that inquires about impermissible subjects or makes an employment decision based on such factors is subject to league discipline."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

If we had taken Tunsil, we could've moved Flowers to RT (which is where he should be) and kept Pugh at guard. We would be far better off than we are now.
          Flowers should of been a guard not a tackle. Several scouts stated that before his draft.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by jgrangers7 View Post

I remember a report saying the Jets offered the 20th overall pick and their second round pick to trade up to the Giants' spot. The only way you don't make that trade is if you think the guy you're drafting is significantly better than anyone you can get at 20. Realistically, the Giants could have probably drafted Apple at 20.
            Yep. We didn't need a corner in the first round anyway, just pure panic. The trade down was on. We still, however, needed linebackers and help on the line and we could've done that. The worst thing from that draft was the 2 running backs selected in the 5th round. We drafted Paul Perkins and the very next pick the Bears took Jordan Howard. Oh welllll.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/detroit.c...st-a-baby/amp/

I recalled that it was mentioned that he had no life skills and was a Mamas boy. I think the old regime was so high on not signing guys with character concerns, but they whiff on Mr. Wholesome

At the time I thought the report was weird, but now I see clearly
              What else can you say. This is another failure of Reese in a long line of failures. There is no depth to the roster because very few of reese's draft picks actually stay on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
                When Tunsil got in trouble I thought to myself, we hit the freaking jackpot! How could we possibly get so lucky. He's going top 4 and now he's dropping to us for something stupid. He should have been evaluated better, you can't just knock a guy completely because of one thing. It doesn't mean he's a complete burnout.
                Well to be fair we had the Will "spark up" Hill issue when he got suspended for smoking and your best ability is availability and I don't think the Giants wanted to get burned again no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
                  Well to be fair we had the Will "spark up" Hill issue when he got suspended for smoking and your best ability is availability and I don't think the Giants wanted to get burned again no pun intended.
                  That whole Will Hill thing was such a mess, he was so talented and it still pissed me off. We lost guys in some bad ways in the past few years, weather injuries ruined their career or stupidity. Plaxico, David Wilson, Will Hill, Steve E. Smith, Cruz, T2, JPP- still going pretty strong but that would happen to the us. Gave me flashbacks to Plax.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    Reese is an idiot. I laugh at people defending his drafting abilities. The 2 guys he wanted got picked right in front of him via trades and he panicked.
                    That is not what happen. What the Giants do with their pre-draft meetings ( documented) proves this to be false and yet people still believe it to be true.
                    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                      Tunsil was sitting right there...
                      We were never going to take Tunsil with his DV record.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Flowers should of been a guard not a tackle. Several scouts stated that before his draft.
                        I agree, but on the NYG, we need him playing tackle. We don't really have anyone else. If we had taken Tunsil, we could've moved Flowers to the right side and have Tunsil on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
                          I just hope we toss this whole 'high character guy' thing out the window and just draft dudes that can play football at a high level.
                          I agree lets become the Cowboys and remove any remaining semblance class.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

I agree, but on the NYG, we need him playing tackle. We don't really have anyone else. If we had taken Tunsil, we could've moved Flowers to the right side and have Tunsil on the left.
                            As much as i would of liked tunsil, i Really don't think he is that great. We would still be complaing
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

We were never going to take Tunsil with his DV record.
                              Maybe, Maybe not

Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

As much as i would of liked tunsil, i Really don't think he is that great. We would still be complaing
                                THIS!
                                Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Working...
                                X