Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Has John Mara Done Right Since He Became Team President?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Has John Mara Done Right Since He Became Team President?

Can anyone cite a good decision he has made or a major situation that he has handled well?

I certainly can't ....

he is terrible ,goes back to 2014 i realized he says what the crowd likes to hear,

"Obviously, I am very disappointed about this past season,” Mara added. “Sick about it, as a matter of fact. Certainly not what I expected, or what any of us expected."

"I wanted to fire everybody, from the people in the equipment room through upstairs, because that was a low point for me,” Mara said. “Jacksonville was an embarrassment."

then nothing done. all a show. now this years QB debacle where he has fooled the avg fan this was all mc's doing. shame shame.

i dont trust him to pick a good gm and hc to be honest.

Comment

How would we know? When Victor Cruz blasted onto the scene, the football people were ready to cur him loose until "someone" in the front office said keep him. Was that John Mara?
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-21-2017, 10:39 AM.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        How would we know?
        http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...3-2c1d3e21a459
        Last edited by Harooni; 12-21-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

We certainly aren't run like a world class organization.

There are too many quirks in our approach to make that possible.
          The owner has final say on the HC, not the GM.
          There is evidence of nepotism unchecked. This is not a meritocracy as a result.
          We value loyalty over performance. We can value both but performance is a pre-condition of that.
          The default on finding talent is always that "it was a group decision." This is where the weak performers like to hide. "It wasn't me, it was us."
          The great ones simple say, "that was my decision (or I drove that decision) it was a mistake that we won't make again." Then you can't repeat the mistake again or you are simply full of ****.

We shouldn't confuse being decent and smart with being astute business people.

I think owning an NFL organization is more forgiving than running a business with real competition for customers and real top line/bottom line pressure.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

He knew TC and Reese didn't see eye to eye.
            I felt he took Reese side. Needless to say, TC was right

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              How would we know? When Victor Cruz blasted onto the scene, the football people were ready to cur him loose until "someone" in the front office said keep him. Was that John Mara?
              Maybe he was the one who pounded on the table and demanded that OBJ be drafted too!

Or maybe, he wouldn't know a WR if he fell over one ....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-play-sooner/
              Last edited by TCHOF; 12-21-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                Can anyone cite a good decision he has made or a major situation that he has handled well?

I certainly can't ....
                He fleeced the Giants fan base out of $400 million and made the Giants one of the most valuable franchises in the world.

Other than that I cannot think of anything, and I've always liked the man.

Comment

Can anyone cite a good decision he has made .

Canned Reese and McAdoo.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

It's also worth noting that he is generally hated by fans around the NFL. The feeling seems to be that he has Goodell on a string.

Comment

I certainly can't ....
                      He approved these message boards for us fans....? lol
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

He fleeced the Giants fan base out of $400 million and made the Giants one of the most valuable franchises in the world.

Other than that I cannot think of anything, and I've always liked the man.
                        Boom
                        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Canned Reese and McAdoo.
                          It remains to be seen how good of a decision that actually was. He got rid of Tom and replaced him with a coach light years worse. Now Reese and the new guy he installed as HC are both gone. We will see what their replacements look like.
                          It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

He didn't sign Kaepernick.

Honestly we don't know what goes on behind closed doors though. Just like blaming Reese, we just don't know.
                            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I certainly can't ....
                              So...I guess I look at this in a slightly different way.

All teams go through up and down times, and while there is no denying that we are in a down time now, I also will not deny that we have had some up times as well.
                              Mara could have easily made changes to the FO that would have derailed those up times.
                              And although the assertion that Ben was a hand picked successor may be a bit of an oversell, the idea that Mara tried to keep continuity cannot be denied. I think you will find very few, if any, franchises that abandoned a successful string until it has been run into the ground.

So here we are. What does Mara do now? That to me is the big question.
                              I will rate him on that.
                              "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Working...
                              X