Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Apple's Problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli Apple's Problem?

    Interesting article purporting to explain how family issues are contributing to Eli's erratic behaviour both on and off the field.

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...li_apples.html

  • #2
    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
    Interesting article purporting to explain how family issues are contributing to Eli's erratic behaviour both on and off the field.

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...li_apples.html
    There was ample evidence of family dysfunction but this dysfunctional front office ignored it and used a #1 on him anyway.



    No one remembers who came in second.

    Comment


    • #3
      Lots of people have problems at home and get up and go to work everyday and do their jobs.

      This kid is a straight up *****

      Comment


      • #4
        The article calls him the "poster child for what has gone wrong this year."
        I disagree.
        I think he is the poster child for what has gone wrong with the team's player evaluation methodoligy.
        We had to be smarter than all the other teams who saw immaturity and down graded him.
        We need to do a triple deep purge of anyone who has input on talent with this team if we are going to move forward decisively.
        No one remembers who came in second.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nothing maturity can't fix. People piling on the guy at this point. Played well last week I thought and showed a much better effort. I don't think the Organization or his teammates will completely give up on him but he will have to earn his trust and respect back. Of course fans are saying "Trade Him!" "Cut Him!" that is fans solution to everything but that is not always the most realistic solution

          Hopefully he has huge break out season next year and make people forget all about this awful season.
          Last edited by Sicko; 12-23-2017, 03:12 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I hate excuses. Everyone has issues of some kind in their personal lives. Some people remain professional and show up for work everyday and give a max effort. Others make excuses and act like jerks. The guy has been terrible on the field and has acted like an idiot off the field.

            Enough is enough. Get him out of here. The Giants of five years ago would never tolerate this type of nonsense. We have a Cleveland Browns-esque record this year, but I was hoping we have not become the Cleveland Browns culturally on top of it.

            I can't believe people here want to tolerate this BS. The guy is not a good player to begin with. Cut bait and move on. The stuff he did is indefensible. Excuses are for losers.

            Comment


            • #7
              I for one am shocked to hear that his football career is really just a vehicle for his Mom to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

              Shocked, I say.

              Maybe Bravo will take take mercy and create a football Moms version of the Real Housewives for Mom Apple so she can attract the attention she desperately craves.

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                There was ample evidence of family dysfunction but this dysfunctional front office ignored it and used a #1 on him anyway.


                Maybe. But if you read the article it says the biggest issue between this season and last season is his estrangement from his dad. And that happened last spring.

                I'm not excusing anything, just providing info.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                  Nothing maturity can't fix. People piling on the guy at this point. Played well last week I thought and showed a much better effort. I don't think the Organization or his teammates will completely give up on him but he will have to earn his trust and respect back. Of course fans are saying "Trade Him!" "Cut Him!" that is fans solution to everything but that is not always the most realistic solution

                  Hopefully he has huge break out season next year and make people forget all about this awful season.
                  right. fans would cut every single player. they also would acquire every single FA. could you imagine if the FO listened to even 10% of what fans say? YIKES! lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                    Nothing maturity can't fix. People piling on the guy at this point. Played well last week I thought and showed a much better effort. I don't think the Organization or his teammates will completely give up on him but he will have to earn his trust and respect back. Of course fans are saying "Trade Him!" "Cut Him!" that is fans solution to everything but that is not always the most realistic solution

                    Hopefully he has huge break out season next year and make people forget all about this awful season.
                    +1
                    What I don't understand is why people on here are singling out Apple. Several players were guilty of lack of effort this season. Jenkins was the worst IMO but nobody's calling for him to be cut.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WE all have family matters, right. What I want to know is why did we pick this dude?? Ohhh, yes, BPA, right .Please.!! The entire culture is in need of an upgrade. Mara definitely has his hands full. But I'm glad to see one thing, he went out and got help. Shows he knows when its time to circle the wagons and do more than just throw darts at the board.. Get some new blood . Everywhere!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hopefully Gentleman can find a home for him, and get more than a box of rocks(Maybe a 3rd or 4th round) pick. I don't mind him being a momma's boy as much as I can't believe that in two years. He still hasn't learned to face the ball, and he looks like a cameraman on too many missed tackles. (3 and 33) was it for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Too Bad....Everybody has a life, problems & NOT a Million $$$ a year job to report to & fan Adulation. My first 10 years out of college, in Management for a Fortune 500 company, they didn't give 1 S**T what you were going thru, the divorce rate was over 75%,,,70- 80 hour work weeks, Saturday a MANDATED office day, till noon workday & you entertained customers sat night & ball games on Sundays. Monday morning it all started again...Gee, what's the personal problems again APPLE...40+ years as a NY Giant fan..never heard such..as why a player is a failure,quitter,malcontent,underachiever...whatever!
                          Last edited by foxie; 12-23-2017, 06:04 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                            Maybe. But if you read the article it says the biggest issue between this season and last season is his estrangement from his dad. And that happened last spring.

                            I'm not excusing anything, just providing info.
                            I understand.......the deal with #1s and #2s is that we should know what tooth paste they use in the morning. Missing on a top pick has such enormous impact.

                            I feel sorry for the kid and all that but I feel sorry for him like every other person in America with stuff to deal with. I am not even upset with him. I am upset with the FO which seems to fumble too many things when it comes to the draft.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jomo View Post

                              I understand.......the deal with #1s and #2s is that we should know what tooth paste they use in the morning. Missing on a top pick has such enormous impact.

                              I feel sorry for the kid and all that but I feel sorry for him like every other person in America with stuff to deal with. I am not even upset with him. I am upset with the FO which seems to fumble too many things when it comes to the draft.
                              If only JR knew that Eli would be estranged from his father a year after he drafted him despite that very man being there for Eli his whole life prior.

                              tell me jomodamus, how we can use your incredible foresight to predict these kinds of things in prospects?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X