Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Roster Breakdown: Eli Manning

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/7/...wn-eli-manning

Excerpt: "We have arrived at a very special, important place in our player-by-player breakdown of the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp at the Timex Performance Center later this month. Today we discuss quarterback Eli Manning, the most important of all Giants.

2012 Season In Review

Not Manning's best work, that is the simplest way to put it. His touchdown and interception numbers were roughly the same as they were in 2011, 29 TDs and 16 INTs in 2011 to 26 and 15 in 2012. His total yardage dropped by nearly 1,000 yards, however, his passing yards per game went from a career-best 308.3 to 246.8, his lowest average since 2008. There were four games where his quarterback rating dipped below 60.0, two of those below 50.0 with his worst game being a 13-for-25, two interception stinker with a passer rating of a putrid 38.9. His rating for the season was a pedestrian 87.2. His completion percentage (59.9 percent) was his first season below 60 percent since 2007.

After a season in which he led the Giants to the second Super Bowl title of his career, he performed in a way that once again had some people wondering exactly what to make of Manning.
    Some of the issues can be explained by the injury-plagued season suffered by Hakeem Nicks, and the season-long effort by the Giants to find a consistent replacement for Mario Manningham.

The off-target throws and stubborn decisions, like throwing an ill-fated pass to Ramses Barden that backfired in an early-season loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, or foolishly challenging Asante Samuel of the Atlanta Falcons and getting picked off, setting the tone for a brutal 34-0 loss, are purely on Manning.
    There were ups and downs like the three-week midseason stretch without a touchdown pass, a four-touchdown game against the New Orleans Saints and a five-touchdown effort in the season finale against the Eagles." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

What the Giants -- and their fans -- would really like to see is 2013 be the beginning of a three- or four-year run where 'Bad Eli' gets shoveled so deep under some Meadowlands dirt that you forget he even exists.
    AMEN

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I honestly think those numbers point out just how important Nicks is in this offense.....Him not being on the field has a trickle down effect
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

If we're to get back into the playoffs, good Eli has to show up more often than last year. Anytime your QB rating dips below 50, chances are, you're hurting your team.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
          If we're to get back into the playoffs, good Eli has to show up more often than last year. Anytime your QB rating dips below 50, chances are, you're hurting your team.
          goes for the rest of the team too....
          but it mostly hinges on Eli and the O.....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            goes for the rest of the team too....
            but it mostly hinges on Eli and the O.....
            Sure does. But I don't see the defense getting much better this year. Eli needs to step it up.
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Cannot wait for 2013. Eli will not repeat the same mistakes. Hopefully the team can follow suit.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

I agree Eli has to improve from last year but it all goes hand in hand....his supporting cast on offense has to be consistent and the defense gotta stop people.

Eli is at his best in the playoffs when something lites him up.
                sigpic

Comment

The offense will need to break records this year. He better be really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    They need to win 12 games
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Which ones?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        They need to win 12 games
                        Yeah but they will probably need to score a lot and be able to control the ball when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          Which ones?
                          Points scored, TOP, and whatever other stat can be measured.

Comment

Yeah but they will probably need to score a lot and be able to control the ball when needed.
                            I am hoping we actually have complementary defensive and special teams this season that makes winning a tad easier and less stressful for my heart. Get us average field position beyond the 30, more three and outs on defense, and Stevie Brown gets 10 interceptions (while knowing where he is supposed to be on the fieldl).

Comment

Points scored, TOP, and whatever other stat can be measured.
                              How many points realistically do you think we should score?

Comment

Working...
                              X