Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog Bits: Ryan Nassib

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blog Bits: Ryan Nassib

    http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6329

    Excerpt: "Rookie quarterback Ryan Nassibís battle against David Carr will be one of the many to watch this summer. While the rookie made a great deal of progress sin the spring practices, the rest test will come when he faces live teams from scrimmage.


    Q: Youíve had an opportunity to get a few practices in since the minicamp. How have things been coming along for you?
    A: I definitely feel a little more comfortable than when I first got here. Right now I feel like I can go out and call the plays and know what it is Iím calling and stuff like that. Now itís just a matter of taking things to the next level and playing against certain looks that I havenítí seen yet.

    Q: Not many guys have the benefit of learning from a two-time Super Bowl MVP. What kind of advice has Eli given you thatís been of the eye-opening variety?
    A: Heís been great. Heís given me advice about all kinds of things. Out on the field there are certain plays and mechanics and stuff like that to make those plays. So having him there to watch and help me has been a big help. There really hasnít been anything heís said that sticks out that I can think of at the moment, but anything he does say, Iím taking that to heart. Thereís been a lot of little stuff when it comes to stuff in the weight room, the media, the practice field, itís all different types of things." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    I hope we can get some value out of this guy, either on the field our through a trade...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      I hope we can get some value out of this guy, either on the field our through a trade...
      agreed....but the only way his value for trade will be realized or not is if he gets real game time experience. Even in garbage time.
      He may get extended usage in the pre season.....or should anyway
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        I hope we can get some value out of this guy, either on the field our through a trade...
        I still think it's more important that the FO is addressing the day when Eli is no longer here.
        ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          There's nothing not to like about the Nassib pick, and everything to love about it. IF he pans out, then the Giants either have their future QB or an incredible trade chip. If not, he was only a 4th round pick.

          If Eli's career were to end prematurely, it'll be fantastic if Nassib turns out to be true NFL-caliber. I certaintly don't want to go through a 5-year span similar to the Brown-Graham-Kannell days. Ooofff.

          I greatly look forward to seeing how he develops. And if Nassib doesn't pan out, then at least we'll know and grab another QB when Eli's career is truly wrapping up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
            There's nothing not to like about the Nassib pick, and everything to love about it. IF he pans out, then the Giants either have their future QB or an incredible trade chip. If not, he was only a 4th round pick.

            If Eli's career were to end prematurely, it'll be fantastic if Nassib turns out to be true NFL-caliber. I certaintly don't want to go through a 5-year span similar to the Brown-Graham-Kannell days. Ooofff.

            I greatly look forward to seeing how he develops. And if Nassib doesn't pan out, then at least we'll know and grab another QB when Eli's career is truly wrapping up.
            Four "ifs" there. If there was another player that could help out in game action instead of holding a clipboard and wearing their hat backwards then there is something not to like about the pick.

            Comment


            • #7
              If this were any other position besides QB, maybe I'd agree with you. But finding a franchise QB is so difficult to do that taking a chance on one in the 4th round that was expected to go as high as the 2nd RD is an excellent move.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                There's nothing not to like about the Nassib pick, and everything to love about it. IF he pans out, then the Giants either have their future QB or an incredible trade chip. If not, he was only a 4th round pick.

                If Eli's career were to end prematurely, it'll be fantastic if Nassib turns out to be true NFL-caliber. I certaintly don't want to go through a 5-year span similar to the Brown-Graham-Kannell days. Ooofff.

                I greatly look forward to seeing how he develops. And if Nassib doesn't pan out, then at least we'll know and grab another QB when Eli's career is truly wrapping up.
                Very, very well said.
                Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

                Comment


                • #9
                  this is the type of kid i can see jumping right in and not having the growing pains. sit for a few seasons and come in and light it up. this is the real deal folks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    this is the type of kid i can see jumping right in and not having the growing pains. sit for a few seasons and come in and light it up. this is the real deal folks.
                    I actually don't think that he'll work out just because the odds of a QB developing into NFL caliber is so tough, but the 4th round pick is worth the "gamble.".

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well its refreshing for a QB to come in knowing enough he can call the plays. I think this is the real deal boys. I mean they dont even give Eli the plays on the sleeve to call after 9 years, what gives with that?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nassib needs to either play for us in something other than garbage time (which would mean Eli is hurt), or later be traded to, say, Jacksonville or something, for something more valuable than an early 4th, in order for me to deem it a good pick. Yes, he's a steal at that point on the draft board. But what does he bring to the table? We have ELI MOTHER****ING MANNING. He's still going to have a good 5-6 years left in him before he starts declining. So basically, we want to groom Nassib for 5 years?

                        If this were 2016 or so, a QB of the future pick would make a hell of a lot more sense than it does now...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          Well its refreshing for a QB to come in knowing enough he can call the plays. I think this is the real deal boys. I mean they dont even give Eli the plays on the sleeve to call after 9 years, what gives with that?
                          ?? why would Eli need that.....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            ?? why would Eli need that.....
                            because then we have him calling plays

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So many threads for a guy that may never play a game for this team or at least not in the next 6 years. Maybe longer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X