Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current Giants player would make a good head coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which current Giants player would make a good head coach?

I say Steve Weatherford. He's passionate, and has leadership qualities.
    Mood: WOOF!

Chris Snee?

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
      Chris Snee?
      Snee is a good choice too.

Comment

Hmm, for current player I'd have to say Hynocerous (although I like the OP's mentioning of Weatherford too).

If we were talking all-time Giants players it would be either Strahan, Harry Carson, or Mark Bavaro...

I would give Eli and Blackburn clipboards as our OC and DC, respectively...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Current player? Eli, he's been around the game his entire life and I'm sure he has more connections then some people think he does between him, his brother, and his father.

Comment

I honestly could see Antrel Rolle being a head coach. Hes fiesty in the media, a defensive leader, and knows defense, and has played all secondary spots. I could see him like a Herm Edwards type down the rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing Crosby View Post
              Current player? Eli, he's been around the game his entire life and I'm sure he has more connections then some people think he does between him, his brother, and his father.
              He doesn't really do much to motivate others though... Unless he retired from QB and ascended directly to HC (such that people that knew him were still in place), none in the locker room would take him seriously... it was only after being an emotional even keel for 4 years that players started to look up to him. That's why I think he could make a brilliant OC someday, but not a HC...

Comment

Originally posted by Bing Crosby View Post
                Is it bad to think Eli is too quiet to be a HC? I was thinking more of a OC for him.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  I honestly could see Antrel Rolle being a head coach. Hes fiesty in the media, a defensive leader, and knows defense, and has played all secondary spots. I could see him like a Herm Edwards type down the rd.
                  Antrel is an interesting choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Is it bad to think Eli is too quiet to be a HC? I was thinking more of a OC for him.
                    I think I just beat you to the punch on that bro :P

j/k, it just goes to show that great minds think alike...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      I think I just beat you to the punch on that bro :Pj/k, it just goes to show that great minds think alike...
                      Lol yeah you did. I mean I like his quietness, as a player. If Ahmad was still with us, he's make a great head coach.

Comment

Current I have no idea, but I always thought Antonio Pierce would've made a good coach. He had a really high football IQ in his playing days, and seemed like he was respected by his peers.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          I think Eli can motivate and lead people without being Mike Ditka. It wouldn't surprise me that behind closed doors Eli makes people respect him much more then some on the board give him credit for. I think he'd honestly be somewhat similar to Belichick. Not in the hard *** on the field way, but instead of the guy who after the game and before is very just "Yes. Next question." kind of guy even more so then he is now.

Also as I hinted at I think he has more "connections" then other players that have been listed so far, and would have a much easier time actually building a powerful coaching tree.

Comment

I honestly don't see a single candidate. That doesn't make them bad people, just not HC material.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Keep dreaming Crosby. Id say it would be someone like Alonzo Tweety

Comment

Working...
                              X