More Accorsi on Eli trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Accorsi on Eli trade

If you haven't seen it here you go! I thought it was interesting... I also thought Ben and his agent were ******s.

Great video, never gets old. One thing that people forget about is that the Chargers head coach didn't want Eli anyway. At least that's what I remember reports saying.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
      If you haven't seen it here you go! I thought it was interesting... I also thought Ben and his agent were ******s.
      I don't see the link to the video. Can you repost please? Thanks.

Comment

EA is stupid. SB wins are nice, fun to talk about, etc...but FF stats are what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
          EA is stupid. SB wins are nice, fun to talk about, etc...but FF stats are what matters.
          I thought fantasy football didn't exist back then? I mean, the internet wasn't really a thing back then...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            I thought fantasy football didn't exist back then? I mean, the internet wasn't really a thing back then...
            Did you put yours in red because I didn't? Sarcasm is no fun if you have to let people know you are being sarcastic. It's kinda like telling a joke and having to explain the punchline.

Comment

Did you put yours in red because I didn't? Sarcasm is no fun if you have to let people know you are being sarcastic. It's kinda like telling a joke and having to explain the punchline.
              You'd be surprised at how often people misread sarcasm on the internet as genuine. Without seeing the person talking and knowing their tone of voice and body language, it's much more difficult to just know. It's a condition I sometimes call "Internet Autism"...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                You'd be surprised at how often people misread sarcasm on the internet as genuine.
                Yeah...I know. We've been down that road before on this board. In my case, I have been around here long enough for the regulars to know where I stand..,..especially on Eli...and the rest...the newbies that don't know? Well, I guess that will be part of the ride for them...having to figure out who is who and what is what.

Comment

I actually enjoyed the shots of Ben and his agent. Neat perspective and natural for them to be a little bitter. When the Giants picked Rivers at 4, did he knock a water over? Haha

Comment

think of it lik ethis....... using red font is like going to see a comedian. You know the jokes are coming but they are still funny..
                    Or when you are in person the inflection in your voice and the look on your face goes hand in hand with the sarcasm.
                    In print you dont have those other markers.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

wow....all the "Eli sucks" chants going on when he was up there with his family while holding the Chargers jersey...
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        wow....all the "Eli sucks" chants going on when he was up there with his family while holding the Chargers jersey...
                        Of course they did. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Giants had the first pick and he told them not to draft him, it went public, and then they did draft him? As far as the Charger fans go...anyone chanting that and not knowing what was about to happen was not paying attention, IMO. I knew something was up because there is no way that Eli could have stayed in SD after the "announcement". They would have run him out of town on a rail...kinda like Ryan Leaf but only for a different reason.

Comment

Of course they did. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Giants had the first pick and he told them not to draft him, it went public, and then they did draft him? As far as the Charger fans go...anyone chanting that and not knowing what was about to happen was not paying attention, IMO. I knew something was up because there is no way that Eli could have stayed in SD after the "announcement". They would have run him out of town on a rail...kinda like Ryan Leaf but only for a different reason.
                          Just dont remember that. I am not big on watching draft day anyway. I read about it.

Comment

You think the chants were loud then...do you remember the chants the first time NY went to SD after the trade?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              That's in reference to Eli (or rather Archie) stating previously that Eli didn't want to play for the Chargers. Not surprising in that context.

The video and the book "The GM" are a little out of sync with each other. Seems like Ernie remembers this a little differently with each telling.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                              X