Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amani Toomer believes Nicks is the more valuable receiver.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amani Toomer believes Nicks is the more valuable receiver.

http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-gi...source=twitter
    Mood: WOOF!

...but is he the more durable receiver

sure he is valuable on paper....but if he cannot be durable that value drops immensely

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

sure he is valuable on paper....but if he cannot be durable that value drops immensely
      That's the big ? isn't it ...
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

This, but then again... we don't know how durable Cruz is yet.

Comment

im not disagreeing with amani but its hard to take anything he has to say seriously.. im not really sure how he has a broadcast career. the dude is terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
            This, but then again... we don't know how durable Cruz is yet.
            One significant injury and Cruz will probably miss more total games than Nicks has (yes I'm counting Cruz's IR - it was a real injury even if he probably should have only missed 4 weeks)

There was the Ryan Clark hit that brought Cruz back to earth for a while, and there were at least 2 times last season where Cruz came down funny grabbing his leg on non-contact plays. To think he wont get hurt at some point is foolish, but for his sake he's protected now - good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              One significant injury and Cruz will probably miss more total games than Nicks has (yes I'm counting Cruz's IR - it was a real injury even if he probably should have only missed 4 weeks)

There was the Ryan Clark hit that brought Cruz back to earth for a while, and there were at least 2 times last season where Cruz came down funny grabbing his leg on non-contact plays. To think he wont get hurt at some point is foolish, but for his sake he's protected now - good for him.
              and you say Cruz will miss more games then Nick's IF he gets hurt how...????

I dont get your theory at all.....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Last week Toomer said on Sirius that the reason why the Giants weren't stepping up to pay Cruz is that they still look at him like he's an undrafted FA and can't believe that he's worth that kind of money.

After that, I stopped listening to him.

Comment

You're insane.

Cruz got crushed repeatedly last year and didn't miss a beat. And the IR you mentioned was for roster room. He intended to play the week they put him on IR (the interview with him regarding that was fairly comical in fact).

Conversely, Nicks can't walk to the bathroom without getting a leg injury.

P.S. - I loved Amani when he was on the Giants, but he's an awful analyst.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I am actually a little concerned that the hit from Ryan Clark and the hit from the Cowboy safety one week earlier actually kind of gave him the short arms late in the season last year. Hopefully one has nothing to do with the other, but it seemed to me that towards the end of last year he was a little worried about getting popped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      You're insane.

Cruz got crushed repeatedly last year and didn't miss a beat. And the IR you mentioned was for roster room. He intended to play the week they put him on IR (the interview with him regarding that was fairly comical in fact).

Conversely, Nicks can't walk to the bathroom without getting a leg injury.

P.S. - I loved Amani when he was on the Giants, but he's an awful analyst.
                      Cruz didn't miss a beat? okayyyy... be honest with yourself because its not me you have to convince. Ryan's hit was the beginning of Cruz short arming passes. He was crushed in the ribs in the Steelers game and couldn't physically extend his arms to catch a pass.

Nicks has played in 55 of the 64 games he's been a Giant - Cruz missed 13 on IR, so yes you're right I am crazy, he already HAS missed more games than Nicks in one less season.

But in all seriousness, his IR injury WAS real - it just wasn't worthy of an IR spot and that's why the Giants were investigated. Wasn't it a hammy? So say legitimately that's 4 weeks/games that Cruz really missed compared to Nick's 9. All it will take is one injury and the missed games are practically equal. People talk like Nicks has missed half of the games he could have played in.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        I am actually a little concerned that the hit from Ryan Clark and the hit from the Cowboy safety one week earlier actually kind of gave him the short arms late in the season last year. Hopefully one has nothing to do with the other, but it seemed to me that towards the end of last year he was a little worried about getting popped.
                        And without a real deal in place you cant fault the guy for it, doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

Comment

when nicks is healthy he is one of the top wr in nfl. runs great routes has great hands. he is my fav player (besides eli) but he cant stay on the field
                          sigpic
                          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            and you say Cruz will miss more games then Nick's IF he gets hurt how...????

I dont get your theory at all.....
                            Not to be a wise *** -- but getting hurt...... playing football.

The only theory is that Cruz COULD get hurt, not outside the realm of possibility for any player... what's not a theory is Nicks has missed a total of 9 games out of the 64 he could have played in.

Comment

Working...
                            X