Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants team changes name ...

... to the NJ 3&outs

leading the league in this area has one of the greatest trickle down affects possible in the game

not only does it demoralize your offense and not allow any sort of rhythm to develop but it slowly destroys your defense causing fatigue and increasing the possibility of injury

this is of course an execution issue ... a play design issue ... as well as a play calling issue to a smaller degree ... but more than any of those it is a coaching issue

teams spend an enormous chunk of practice and classroom time on 3rd down situations ... 3rd downs get their own portion of practice

there is the 1st and 2nd down portion and those downs situationally ... the goal line portion ... 4 minute and 2 minute .... then all by itself ... 3rd ****ing down

to be this bad on 3rd down points to the very core of everything this team is built on

this team needs a hard nosed coach who will come in here and restore what we know as Giant pride so that this team can once again impose its will on teams on 3rd down ... move people and move the chains

I quite frankly have grown tired of this teams failed attempt at finesse football

I'm hoping for a down the field attack coupled with a pounding running game philosophy ... even if it takes a few seasons to build it

covert ****ing 3rd downs
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 12-25-2017, 01:24 PM.

The New York Blues

Long Live the King

Comment

I think they just took the word "Football" out of the official name....
      sigpic

Comment

I've been going with the Meadowland's Midgets for quite some time now. Hoboken Hobbits also works for me.

Comment

Will be hard. Seems like most young QBs and young offensive coaches (who seem to be taking over the sport...) are into these QB friendly high percentage offences. Stat chasers. Numbers cult.

Donít want to make excuses for McAdoo...but I feel a LOT of coaches would have fallen into he same trap and designed their whole offence around Odell Beckham and relying on him to take the dinks and dunks to the house.

also OL play has gone in the toilet league wide and will be hard to build a smash mouth and deep ball O.

but I do agree and a tough running game coupled with an aggressive downfield attack has always been my favourite type of football.
          Last edited by TE88; 12-25-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Couldnt agree more ya. When I kept seeing free blisters up the a gap on 3rd down I knew nothing was gonna change. They saw the same crucial weakness every other team aside Philly I guess and that was generating immediate pressure before the wr could even think of winning their matchup.

I think it was something like 5 passing situation 3rd downs in a row where immediate pr3ssure was generated before eli could even set a platform. No offense especially one founded upon rhythm can thrive in that scenario

Comment

What's the success rate of Eli scrambling forward and converting a 4th and 25? lol That's literally just handing the ball to the other team with no fight or chance and bowing down to them.

And on the other side of the defense, the Giants give up 3rd downs like loose change highlighted by the Rams converting 3rd and 33 for a TD on this defense. lol
              Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 12-25-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                ... to the NJ 3&outs

leading the league in this area has one of the greatest trickle down affects possible in the game

not only does it demoralize your offense and not allow any sort of rhythm to develop but it slowly destroys your defense causing fatigue and increasing the possibility of injury

this is of course an execution issue ... a play design issue ... as well as a play calling issue to a smaller degree ... but more than any of those it is a coaching issue

teams spend an enormous chunk of practice and classroom time on 3rd down situations ... 3rd downs get their own portion of practice

there is the 1st and 2nd down portion and those downs situationally ... the goal line portion ... 4 minute and 2 minute .... then all by itself ... 3rd ****ing down

to be this bad on 3rd down points to the very core of everything this team is built on

this team needs a hard nosed coach who will come in here and restore what we know as Giant pride so that this team can once again impose its will on teams on 3rd down ... move people and move the chains

I quite frankly have grown tired of this teams failed attempt at finesse football

I'm hoping for a down the field attack coupled with a pounding running game philosophy ... even if it takes a few seasons to build it

covert ****ing 3rd downs
                It also helps if you don't fail on first and second down causing third and long.

¬*

Comment

Makes me sad to read articles like this:

http://grantland.com/features/chris-...w-york-giants/

This team had players on O this year that a real coach could have done a lot with. Hoping we get another match made in heaven soon with our next coaching staff and some of our players....

Comment

they stink.....what a shame...
                    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

It also helps if you don't fail on first and second down causing third and long.

¬*
                      a large number of this teams 3rd downs this season have been 3rd and medium to 3rd and short

there was one game that comes to mind where there were 12 3rd downs every one of them but two were 3rd and 4 or less ... they converted exactly 1 of them

Comment

I agree with YA about the Smash Mouth football, thats been long gone. This squad of NY Giants, is so devoid of talent ole Vince himself couldn't convert on 3rd. down. For my money the only guy earning his salary on the Oline is Jones. Gallman has turned out to be the best RB on the team, the only one capable of making a 1 yard loss into a 5 yard gain. I can see Spag's sitting in a dark bar late one night, saying something like " I coulda be somebody Charlie, I coulda been Champ" While Mac leans over and pours another double and tells him "you thought it was gonna be easy, Ha" I performed a miracle last year but that SOB Reese left me out on the line, to dry" Most of the coaches today have bought into the run and gun and forget about the D. approach towards Bill Parcells football.

Comment

The New York Football Stinky's

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                            ... to the NJ 3&outs

covert ****ing 3rd downs
                            We didn't ignore the OL but we certainly didn't make the changes and upgrades necessary to be a competitive team. What a stubborn man our ex GM was.
                            It is a depressing team to watch. I am impressed and surprised that we didn't see the D revolt and tear the locker room apart.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

dsyfuncional with no therapy

Comment

Working...
                              X