Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Roster Breakdown: Damontre Moore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants' Roster Breakdown: Damontre Moore

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/9/...damontre-moore

    Damontre Moore was drafted in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the New York Giants with the hopes that he would become their next dominant pass-rushing defensive end. As we continue our player-by-player breakdown of the 90-man roster the Giants will bring to training camp later this month let's look at what sort of impact Moore might be able to have as a rookie.


    2012 Season In Review

    Moore was a consensus All-American after a dominant season at Texas A&M, where he compiled 85 tackles (21 for loss) and 12.5 sacks. He finished three seasons at Texas A&M with 26.5 sacks in 38 games." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Can he crack the starting line-up? Can he be a force?

    I think this kid is going to dominate... I'm excited for pre-season!!!!

    Stand with Cruz!
    80

    Comment


    • #3
      From what I read the coaches like his potential but his body is not there yet. The interesting question is whether Justin Tuck can show he is still a factor at getting to the passer. Kiwi could push for more snaps if Tuck falters. I also feel that Tracy will step up but if he does not Ojomo has a real chance as well.

      All that said if Moore shows well at camp you never know.

      Comment


      • #4
        Lots of opportunity all along the DL.....he will have his chance to show what he has.....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          Lots of opportunity all along the DL.....he will have his chance to show what he has.....
          +1
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Is it sad that I only just realized that they've been doing these articles in.alphabetical order?

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              They really need this guy to play like rookie of the year. They are extremely thin at a position they once dominated.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Is it sad that I only just realized that they've been doing these articles in.alphabetical order?
                Sad, no, pathetic, MAYBE
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Moore was my favorite pick of the draft. I think the guy could be a consistent 8+ sacks a year kind of guy. Bad combine numbers kept him from being a first round pick, he was the best D-End in the SEC not named Jadevon Clowney IMHO. Getting him in the third round was possibly the steal of the draft
                  Last edited by gmenfan0488; 07-09-2013, 11:56 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
                    Moore was my favorite pick of the draft. I think the guy could be a consistent 8+ sacks a year kind of guy. Bad combine numbers kept him from being a first round pick, he was the best D-End in the SEC not named Jadevon Clowney IMHO. Getting him in the third round was possibly the steal of the draft
                    i agree.

                    apparently, he has trouble bending and turnin the corner. i didnt see anything that good coaching couldnt fix tho. he also has a relentless motor that will earn him some pressures/sacks just by the onslaught he will dish out as the game goes on, tiring out the OL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can't wait to see what he does in the Pre season, I think this is one of those guys that will take a couple of years before her really begins to come into his own. Though I think he may be able to be one of those situational pass rushers. Really liked this pick....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        His birthday is September 11.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          i agree.

                          apparently, he has trouble bending and turnin the corner. i didnt see anything that good coaching couldnt fix tho. he also has a relentless motor that will earn him some pressures/sacks just by the onslaught he will dish out as the game goes on, tiring out the OL.
                          Can coaching fix his off the field issues?

                          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            id say yes toad actually. i think the proper structure and guidelines and respect can help a person feel and act like an adult.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              Can coaching fix his off the field issues?
                              What's the worst that can happen??????
                              "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X