All I wanna talk about is the future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I wanna talk about is the future

After last week. I think we all were excited about what we saw. A reinvigorated team some will say. What we saw yesterday was just brutal. Iím in the camp of keeping Eli. But seeing the game yesterday really makes me question why.
    Now for the future. I just canít understand why in the world you wouldnít give the rook a look. Itís makes no difference on any level. The streak, the record, itís all gone. This has been said time and time again I realize that. But there has to be a reason, unless we are the most antiquated club in the NFL. Teams need to see what they have and what they need. This has been a huge opportunity wasted by spags and Abrams. They couldíve helped themselves by playing a fresh face to give us fans and the organization some hope for the future.

I still believe the giants will pass on a QB in the 2 slot. And Iím ok with that, as long as they either trade back or take a player that is franchise changing. Possibly Saquon. I know he is a debatable player here, but this guy can help every player on the team.
    Draft him, cut as much dead weight as possible, and do whatever you have to, to get some OL help. Its all we really need to fix the slump weíre in.

Special teams needs a complete overhaul. Kicker, punter, coach of course.
    Merry Xmas and thatís my xmas wish.

what you saw last week was the same we saw in sept. the egals have a weak secondary but are good at stopping the run. Eli threw 3td with mcdoo in charge. we still saw the same D we have been seeing.

the team wasnt invigorated it was just a div game and the same thing we saw in sept. what fans have to realize is you go off the whole body of the season , not the last game.

If fans can let go of the past a bit i think it would help the franchise move forward.

Comment

The good thing about looking to the future is there is always hope. What has happened this season really has been disappointing, but to keep rehashing it serves no practical purpose. We sucked, they are all to to blame if you'e interested in assigning blame. The house cleaning has begun, we need to see who gets hired for what and what players will come and go.
      ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        The good thing about looking to the future is there is always hope. What has happened this season really has been disappointing, but to keep rehashing it serves no practical purpose. We sucked, they are all to to blame if you'e interested in assigning blame. The house cleaning has begun, we need to see who gets hired for what and what players will come and go.
        lets hope its a real house cleaning , not just a surface cleaning. happy holidays Roa

Comment

Just bringing in a new front office will be exciting. For years, we all new how a giants win was gonna happen. It was either gonna come in a close tight game with Eli pulling it out. Or it wouldíve come w the giants taking a nice lead, then playing not to lose the remainder. I wanna have a new culture here. Where guys play to straight out humiliate the opponent, (score only).

Comment

If you want a new culture, Riddick and McDaniels are the guys that need to be here.

im sure there are other combos that can bring out a different culture for the Giants, but no combo would be as youn as those two.

also, the Giants failed really bad by not even looking at Webb, the only excuse I could give them is that he looks horrific in practice, and if thatís the case. We need a new QB anyway.

So so based off of everything I see, Giants think Webb sucks and we are getting a new QB because of that.

Comment

Blaming Spaggs and Abrams is pointless. We all know who makes the decisions.
              Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
                Blaming Spaggs and Abrams is pointless. We all know who makes the decisions.

Comment

Hopefully, the Giants will recognize that they have to move full steam ahead into the future and that includes the QB position in the draft. It's unfair to a new GM to not allow him to put his stamp on the team by picking his own QB. What new GM wants to come into a franchise and be told that his only options at QB are either an aging, expensive franchise QB with a no-trade clause from the Accorsi era or a 3rd round pick from the Reese era who hasn't seen the field his entire rookie season?
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    Yeah I think this team needed that cleaning for a few years but they kept putting bandaids on it. It is time to go full rebuild

Comment

I want a HC that never takes his foot off the peddle when the team gets a lead & keeps piling it on. This BS play conservative once you get the lead & hope the D preserves the win is outdated thinking. The reason NE wins 12+ games every single yr is because they never take their foot off opponents necks when the have em down! How many times in the B&B era has a team come back to beat em when down by double digits? Once, twice maybe. NE is like the only team that once they get a double digit lead, you can change the channel confident in the knowledge that when you flip the channel back to their game, the lead has increased even more. Giants get a 10 pt lead & you are on your hands & knees praying to the football Gods that they don't blow it!

Comment

Kyle Shanahan, tried that last year in the Super Bowl.
                        We know how that turned out.

Comment

Is it that bad of an idea to trade the #2 pick for more picks. I just think that Eli has enough in him with a stout Oline and the team could sure use a stud linebacker or two.

Comment

Originally posted by CRUNCHx53 View Post
                            Is it that bad of an idea to trade the #2 pick for more picks. I just think that Eli has enough in him with a stout Oline and the team could sure use a stud linebacker or two.
                            This conversation is about the future and I don't see a 38 year old QB being a part of that future. Eli, along with his teammates produced 2 Super Bowls, and for that I am extremely thankful. However, the time has come to move on from Eli, IMO, just as the team did with Phil Simms.

Many here didn't want to see Coughlin go, but it happened anyway. This is a business. Not memory lane. The question is, will Mara force Eli on the new GM and coach or will they be allowed to move on if they desire to do so.

Comment

tbf Eli is only 36 currently. Turns 37 in January I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X