So sick of the back foot chicken out throws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sick of the back foot chicken out throws

That first int he threw off his back foot and looks like a complete rookie. Why has nobody coached this out of him? It's so hard to watch. I'm watching Titans/Rams highlights and Mariota with a pocket collapsing and defenders in his face just stands there and puts a beautiful touch on a crossing route for a first down. As soon as I saw that I said " no way Eli even gets that pass away." He would have fallen down or something worse, been strip sacked. It's infuriating to watch young guys like Goff, Mariota, That kid in green bay, just stand in the pocket and make throws while Chuck and duck throws off balance and gets picked. I like Eli, but this is his worst attribute as a QB. Always has been.¬*
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

You will not have to endure this much longer

Comment

because he won 2 SBs is the most commonly said phrase.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

I still think we are going to get one more year of Eli which to me is ridiculous. But you can just see and feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          I still think we are going to get one more year of Eli which to me is ridiculous. But you can just see and feel it.
          Its up to Eli. If he wants to play 3 or 4 more years, might as well get used to it. He isnt going anywhere and we would gladly resign him to appease the fans.
          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Eli is done and will retire....

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Its up to Eli. If he wants to play 3 or 4 more years, might as well get used to it. He isnt going anywhere and we would gladly resign him to appease the fans.
              Thats what it appears to me. But it cannot be allowed just because some fans refuse to let go of 2007 and 2011.

Comment

Thats what it appears to me. But it cannot be allowed just because some fans refuse to let go of 2007 and 2011.
                Which in itself loses more credibility with each underwhelming performance.
                ¬*
                Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

In all honesty, it's unlikely that Eli will play past his current contract. He will most likely retire a giant. Everyone recognizes that Eli is at the end of his career, nobody is disputing that. However, the outcry about sitting Eli was about the disrespect shown by the fo towards their franchise qb and how it was handled poorly.

Comment

Exactly! As much as I want Eli gone, he will be the starter next year unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
                      That first int he threw off his back foot and looks like a complete rookie. Why has nobody coached this out of him? It's so hard to watch. I'm watching Titans/Rams highlights and Mariota with a pocket collapsing and defenders in his face just stands there and puts a beautiful touch on a crossing route for a first down. As soon as I saw that I said " no way Eli even gets that pass away." He would have fallen down or something worse, been strip sacked. It's infuriating to watch young guys like Goff, Mariota, That kid in green bay, just stand in the pocket and make throws while Chuck and duck throws off balance and gets picked. I like Eli, but this is his worst attribute as a QB. Always has been.¬*
                      It is a frustrating part of Eliís game, but it is one of the reasons he holds the #2 spot for consecutive starts.

Comment

If no one want to say it, I will. We scored 17 points in the first Super Bowl. Defenses go into the season wanting to only allow 17 points a game.

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
                          All those qbs you named are all younger than Eli. so of course they will stand in there and make a thrown even with defenders in their face. You really expect Eli to stand and get teed off by defenders just to make a throw at 36?
                          Contrary to popular opinion, Eli needs a competent oline to protect him properly. Unless you are saying that everyone else but Eli deserves protection?
                          The fo knew what kind of qb Eli was and they chose not to address the Oline properly. That is why they are unemployed and Eli is not.

Comment

Originally posted by acbleedblue View Post

The fo knew what kind of qb Eli was and they chose not to address the Oline properly. That is why they are unemployed and Eli is not.
                            It will be interesting to see if they try to address this obvious oversight by BM and JR, and sometimes I think it was intentional to prove they needed their type of QB and not the one they had. I guess they both miscalculated Eli's power within the organization. I'm not sure if any of the old timers here remember but I called Eli "The Godfather" years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by acbleedblue View Post

In all honesty, it's unlikely that Eli will play past his current contract. He will most likely retire a giant. Everyone recognizes that Eli is at the end of his career, nobody is disputing that. However, the outcry about sitting Eli was about the disrespect shown by the fo towards their franchise qb and how it was handled poorly.
                              The issue is he should not even finish his current contract...but he most likely will.

Comment

Working...
                              X