Sneaky Giants....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaky Giants....

I have no facts to back it up-other than hearing the other players praising him, but I think Webb may be better than anyone knows. If that's the case, Dallas has Zeke, Philthy has Ajai, will we end up with Barkley? If the FO thinks we're set at QB, maybe they try to keep Eli 1 more year, grab Barkley (provided the Browns don't get him) and rebuild the O-line. We have the weapons on offense, defense could use a few pieces, but over all, this could be a serviceable unit to bridge the gap for 1 more year. That would get Webb's feet wet midway through next year, (Warner-Manning style) while giving the new GM/Coach time to implement their scheme/build their roster...
    It makes sense to me, and I keep hearing more and more buzz about Webb's skill set/work ethic/ desire to win/ ability to learn/ blah blah blah. I don't watch college football- anyone know if this kid is good? Could he be a franchise QB?
    Or maybe the Giants have sucked so bad this year that they've got me grasping at straws...

You're grasping at straws.

Comment

How in God's name could anyone (although the Giants management is INCREDIBLY stupid) possibly determine a QB's worth through nothing but practice, no less going up against a garbage D like the Giants' D in those practices?

Comment

What sense does it make to draft a RB with no OL. Nothing personal to the OP, as you are like the 100th person that thinks Barkley is the answer.

Listen folks, unless you're drafting Barry Sanders clone, you will get Barkley and then next season complain that he's a bust, or watch him get injured every time one of our O LINEMEN gets manhandled.

It's like you guys want to order the Filet Mignon while standing on line at McDonald's. No, you better get to a fancy restaurant before you even think about ordering filet mignon, or you might end up with hamburger.

Long Live the King

Comment

We all have been complaining about the OL. since God knows when. It is time for extreme action. Draft, FA, and trade whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
            We all have been complaining about the OL. since God knows when. It is time for extreme action. Draft, FA, and trade whatever it takes.
            It's called evolution, not some man made mythical diety in the sky..

Evolution

https://youtu.be/aQtNtYuIFS0

https://youtu.be/A0VnuhHq5m0

https://youtu.be/kNPbjtej1Hk
            sigpic

Comment

So the Giants should do DNA on all draft prospects ? Find the perfect player ( s).

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                What sense does it make to draft a RB with no OL. Nothing personal to the OP, as you are like the 100th person that thinks Barkley is the answer.

Listen folks, unless you're drafting Barry Sanders clone, you will get Barkley and then next season complain that he's a bust, or watch him get injured every time one of our O LINEMEN gets manhandled.

It's like you guys want to order the Filet Mignon while standing on line at McDonald's. No, you better get to a fancy restaurant before you even think about ordering filet mignon, or you might end up with hamburger.
                sounds like a reese type of thing to do draft the RB first or the WR who cares about the line,glad they won't be making the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardxxv View Post
                  I have no facts to back it up-other than hearing the other players praising him, but I think Webb may be better than anyone knows. If that's the case, Dallas has Zeke, Philthy has Ajai, will we end up with Barkley? If the FO thinks we're set at QB, maybe they try to keep Eli 1 more year, grab Barkley (provided the Browns don't get him) and rebuild the O-line. We have the weapons on offense, defense could use a few pieces, but over all, this could be a serviceable unit to bridge the gap for 1 more year. That would get Webb's feet wet midway through next year, (Warner-Manning style) while giving the new GM/Coach time to implement their scheme/build their roster...
                  It makes sense to me, and I keep hearing more and more buzz about Webb's skill set/work ethic/ desire to win/ ability to learn/ blah blah blah. I don't watch college football- anyone know if this kid is good? Could he be a franchise QB?
                  Or maybe the Giants have sucked so bad this year that they've got me grasping at straws...
                  That will be one more year of excuses as to why Eli sucks.
                  Last edited by CruzSoldier; 12-26-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                    How in God's name could anyone (although the Giants management is INCREDIBLY stupid) possibly determine a QB's worth through nothing but practice, no less going up against a garbage D like the Giants' D in those practices?
                    Pretty close to what happened with Jimmy G, now he's in San Fran as a starter... I don't know what qualifiers they use in the NFL anymore... maybe it's just good guesswork on SF.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                      The same way they determine a college QBs worth who they could spend a 1st round pick on?

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

So pass on a great RB to build the OL because he wonít be able to run anyway? Have you heard of these two players: Ereck Flowers and Todd Gurley? You might want to look into that situation.

FYI there is actually a new NFL season every year so you can actually build the team over time. You donít have to pass on great players just because you have a need.

not saying Barkley should be the pick, just tired of OL hysteria. That type of thinking is what got us Flowers, Richburg

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

The same way they determine a college QBs worth who they could spend a 1st round pick on?
                          Practice is the same thing as games being played?

Comment

If the Giants draft Barkley Rd 1 they should cut Perkins, keep Darkwa, Gallman, Barkley. That could end up being a NICE trio of running backs. Go OL rds 2-3, defense 4-6 and OL again in Rd 7. They should pick up a free agent OL too while they're at it.

Straight up meritocracy on the OL. Everyone competes for their job and everyone plays the position on the line that best suits their abilities.

​​​​​They will more than likely go with a QB though.
                            It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Working...
                            X