Team Captains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Captains

For the sake of discussion, assuming Manning, Tuck, and DeOssie were not captains, who would you pick in their place (I did a search on here and couldn't find any related threads so I hope I didn't miss this discussion already)?

I could make an argument for several people and this isn't to say I'm not happy with the current captains as it is.

Defense: I'm inclined to lean towards Rolle given his locker room presence/leadership ability, his on field play and work ethic, and his tenure as a Giant. An argument could be made for JPP maybe but he may be a little young yet; give it a year or two.

Offense: A part of me wants to say Snee for much of the same reasons I like Rolle but he's getting up there in age. Cruz, given his contract extension, ability, and attitude, I could see him being a good captain. He's a pretty chill dude it seems but I've seen intensity out of him and he always comes up big when needed.

Special Teams: I guess if not DeOssie I'd have to go with Weatherford....he's charismatic, helps the younger dudes, and is one heck of a punter (not Feagles status but still).

Bonus: Training Camp Pre Season All-Pro Team Team Captain: Jonas Seawright for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of other incredibly talented players, but, what makes one a captain? It's not just on field play, there's a personality aspect to it.
    One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
    -Nietzsche

Barden, Barden & Barden

Comment

Originally posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
      For the sake of discussion, assuming Manning, Tuck, and DeOssie were not captains, who would you pick in their place (I did a search on here and couldn't find any related threads so I hope I didn't miss this discussion already)?

I could make an argument for several people and this isn't to say I'm not happy with the current captains as it is.

Defense: I'm inclined to lean towards Rolle given his locker room presence/leadership ability, his on field play and work ethic, and his tenure as a Giant. An argument could be made for JPP maybe but he may be a little young yet; give it a year or two.

Offense: A part of me wants to say Snee for much of the same reasons I like Rolle but he's getting up there in age. Cruz, given his contract extension, ability, and attitude, I could see him being a good captain. He's a pretty chill dude it seems but I've seen intensity out of him and he always comes up big when needed.

Special Teams: I guess if not DeOssie I'd have to go with Weatherford....he's charismatic, helps the younger dudes, and is one heck of a punter (not Feagles status but still).

Bonus: Training Camp Pre Season All-Pro Team Team Captain: Jonas Seawright for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of other incredibly talented players, but, what makes one a captain? It's not just on field play, there's a personality aspect to it.
      Rolle - Diehl - Weatherford
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        Barden, Barden & Barden
        Well, ya can't teach height and stuff. It's the intangibles that make the captain I hear
        One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
        -Nietzsche

Comment

Kevin Gildbride on offense, and his mustache on defense.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

eli,jpp weatherford
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
              eli,jpp weatherford
              Guess you didn't read OP 1st sentence.
              We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                Rolle - Diehl - Weatherford
                Ditto
                We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
                  Guess you didn't read OP 1st sentence.
                  guess not in that case snee
                  sigpic
                  FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

SNEE, ROLLE, WEATHERFORD

Comment

kangaroo, kirk, morgan..
                      three of my fave captains....
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Jernigan, Mundy and Buehler

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                          winner..

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post

Well, the bench needs captains too I guess. It gets lonely over there
                            -Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                            X