Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We we (yahoo writers) love Eli Mannning....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We we (yahoo writers) love Eli Mannning....

I was browsing through Yahoo. haha I know, not the best source for Giants news. I figured I would share this with you guys anyways.

www.sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-reasons-why-love-eli-manning-161800180.html

Plus... it's a slow news day....

Stand with Cruz!

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I was browsing through Yahoo. haha I know, not the best source for Giants news. I figured I would share this with you guys anyways.

www.sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-reasons-why-love-eli-manning-161800180.html

Plus... it's a slow news day....
    He's the Face -- You'll never see Manning in the news for being in trouble with the law or sending out an offensive tweet. He rarely makes any off-the-field headlines unless it's for a good reason, such as raising millions of dollars for the outpatient clinic at Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital, the only children's cancer care center in Mississippi. He's the perfect face for the storied franchise.

He's Durable -- The low-key Manning is tougher than he looks. Since taking over as the Giants' quarterback in 2004, Manning hasn't missed a start, a streak at 146 games and counting. That's the longest such streak among active quarterbacks and 27 more than the next guy, Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers. Manning gets up every time he's knocked down, just like New Yorkers.

He's Unflappable -- Manning doesn't get rattled or intimidated. Actually, he thrives under pressure. Manning's career postseason record is 8-3. Moreover, he's 5-1 on the road in the postseason. Even some of the greatest QBs in NFL history had losing road records in the playoffs, including Brett Favre (3-7), Troy Aikman (1-3), Joe Montana (2-5) and Terry Bradshaw (2-3).

He's Consistent -- Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning. His nearly identical home-road splits are another indicator of his steady play. For instance, his career completion percentages at home and on the road are 58.5 and 58.7, respectively.

He's Clutch -- Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning.

Holy Crap!!! Eli just moved up a notch on my QB list. You can't spell ELITE without Manning.
      Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
        Only two NFL quarterbacks have passed for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns in each of the last eight seasons. They are New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees and -- you guessed it -- Manning.

Holy Crap!!! Eli just moved up a notch on my QB list. You can't spell ELITE without Manning.
        Yea, dude. Its actually pretty impressive. I mean it puts Eli in a totally different perspective.

For those who are all about numbers, you can't deny that...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

It's selective.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Not bad, but I'm a little disappointed.

I was hoping to see He's the Lebron James of the NFL.
            Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              Not bad, but I'm a little disappointed.

I was hoping to see He's the Lebron James of the NFL.
              I am going to make that my sig.....
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                It's selective.
                I mean, it is what it is, but Brady and Peyton were out with injuries; it's too long for Rodgers, Romo, Flacco, Ryan and Stafford (and others)

Not sure how Rivers missed, and not sure how Ben missed.
                Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Yea, dude. Its actually pretty impressive. I mean it puts Eli in a totally different perspective.

He is clearly an awesome QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                    I mean, it is what it is, but Brady and Peyton were out with injuries; it's too long for Rodgers, Romo, Flacco, Ryan and Stafford (and others)

Didn't Ben miss time after his Bike crash?
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Ben had a couple 18 TD seasons, and a few injuries here and there. Rivers started one year after the 8 year cutoff, and he's been doing it for 7 straight years.

Not to mention, the cutoff seems tailored to put Eli in the mix, because Brees could have eclipsed -- in the same eight year period -- 3500 yards and 24 TDs. Or if it were a seven year, Brees could have done a 4300 yard 25 TDs.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                        That and he doesn't put up great numbers as is.

Comment

It's selective.
                          doesnt matter. he is a top QB in the league and there is no dispute with that.
                          Every poll is selective to a degree. They went back 8 years because that how long Eli has played.
                          Injuries to Peyton and Brady.....more props for Eli's durability.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                            That may be it...not sure, but it sounds solid.

Rivers?
                            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

That and he doesn't put up great numbers as is.
                              I just started to laugh as I read your sig...

Comment

Working...
                              X