Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

They aren't good run blockers either.

Flowers was supposed to be a mauler, a guy who played with a mean streak in the run game and finished people off. Ha! Go back and watch him play in the run game if you have All-22 access. He misses more blocks than anyone on the OL. Rarely gets to the next level. A Reese travesty selecting this guy top 10. I'm really happy Reese is no longer GM.
    Have no idea how they come up with these rankings.. Our run game started out averaging 40 yards per with Odell. They started running better when the starters got hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      As i suspected , myth busted
      Admin test Firefox
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Admin Test close Firefox
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Admin Test open Firefox

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            Mislead with facts?
            They must be working for our network, cable or newspaper media news sources.
            well............
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Flowers and Hart are better run blockers than pass blockers.
              Yup. It's a shame we ran most out runs up the middle where our run blockers were awful. You wanna know why Flowers and Hart are better at run blocking than pass blocking? BecAuse they are going against Pass Rushers for the most part who aren't good at run stuffing. That's why.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

They aren't good run blockers either.

Flowers was supposed to be a mauler, a guy who played with a mean streak in the run game and finished people off. Ha! Go back and watch him play in the run game if you have All-22 access. He misses more blocks than anyone on the OL. Rarely gets to the next level. A Reese travesty selecting this guy top 10. I'm really happy Reese is no longer GM.
                You’re not a good poster, either. We all have problem Moosedrool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Yup. It's a shame we ran most out runs up the middle where our run blockers were awful. You wanna know why Flowers and Hart are better at run blocking than pass blocking? BecAuse they are going against Pass Rushers for the most part who aren't good at run stuffing. That's why.
                  Also beat rushers who can also stop the run but is not great at doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dream88 View Post

Exactly. I don't care what statistical criteria anyone wants to use to try to evaluate this O-line, the bottom line is if you watched all 16 Giants games this year, it shouldn't be hard to recognize they are one of the worst OL groups in the league.

Not even going to start about how flawed of a measure it is to evaluate a teams ability to pass block based solely on amount of sacks given up
                    i dont know , as far as pass blocking , i think the giants did a better job vs the egals then the vikings did. even though i have been told the vikings oline turned around in 1 season.. i think that fans tend to expect close to perfection.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

You’re not a good poster, either. We all have problem Moosedrool.
                      Na Moose is a good poster . Just a bit over passionate at times but that is a sign of a proud fan.
                      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• The ROI on Bobby Hart wasn't that bad considering where he was drafted. He will find work for another team as a backup.
                        If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

What's going to be your next screen name once the Giants select a QB?
                          Exactly! Webb will never see the field on this team. Tis’ a shame we saw not one snap last season from him

Comment

• IT IS NOT A "PASS BLOCKING GRADE".

It is a tally of sacks allowed. If you don't comprehend the difference, you need to move on to baseball as a fan.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post

i dont know , as far as pass blocking , i think the giants did a better job vs the egals then the vikings did. even though i have been told the vikings oline turned around in 1 season.. i think that fans tend to expect close to perfection.
                              The Vikings revamped their OL before this season and it showed, they did a pretty good job keeping Keenum clean all year. Had a rough day against Philly, but it's only 1 game. They're a better group than the Giants. Like jomo said in the post above, there's just little to no validity to this "pass blocking grade" the OP is talking about, as it's literally just sacks allowed per pass attempt. Giants were forced to scheme around the OL all year with 3 step drops and quick passes, think about how few deep balls we threw this year. Just a misleading statistic in my opinion

Comment

• The Giants offensive line was pathetic. Perhaps the worst in the league, with the exception of Seattle....maybe. The only reason Eli wasn't’ sacked 70 to 80 times was because he threw it so quick for 3 yard gains......the formula for a 3-13 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X