GM Gettleman already saying the right things:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Gettleman already saying the right things:

" We need to run the ball, stop the run, and rush the passer. It doesnt change"
    "Offense scores points, defense win championships."
    "Most of your great HCs have been defensive coaches"
    "HC needs to be a leader, be able to communicate, develop a culture. You got to be tough"

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...f-5ea0fc6416bb

I already like him way more than I ever liked Reese.

I think this also really clouds the future of Odell. I think he is gone after his contract is done.

Lets go build the trenches and get the next franchise QB!

Go Giants
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

"I dont want guys that want to win, I want guys that hate to lose" DG. LOVE IT! Im liking this guy already!!!!
    Go Giants!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bruno View Post
      "I dont want guys that want to win, I want guys that hate to lose" DG. LOVE IT! Im liking this guy already!!!!
      Was by far my favorite line

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        "HC needs to be a leader, be able to communicate, develop a culture. You got to be tough"

I think this also really clouds the future of Odell. I think he is gone after his contract is done.

Go Giants
        Did you hear what he said about " I want players who HATE TO LOSE..............Not who want to win" ........

which one resembles Odell more?

Also said there are 2 types of players .
        1. Professional fb players
        2. Players who play in the nfl

said he wants No. 1

Odell is and has demonstrated his hate for losing. His injury and this whoe process and talking to the GM will be what he needs to go forward and be a much much better overall player and person. He AINT GOING ANYWHERE
        Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

Comment

That line alone tells me he would keep Beckham and Collins. They're the heart and passion of this team

Comment

I am stoked...I know the proof is in the pudding but I like his saltiness.. he sounds like a no nonsense guy and knows,how to speak to the media ...not to mention that he has experience as a GM

Comment

Don't think he's planning on getting rid of OBJ. Said "it makes a lot of sense" for Odell to be a part of the long-term future. References a line from Ernie Accorsi: "Don't quit on talent."

Comment

I am a fan of Dave but talk is cheap . Prove it.
                Last edited by TEM; 12-29-2017, 02:02 PM.
                "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

He is entitled to a fair chance to make the team better,
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by myronguyton3 View Post

Did you hear what he said about " I want players who HATE TO LOSE..............Not who want to win" ........

which one resembles Odell more?

Also said there are 2 types of players .
                    1. Professional fb players
                    2. Players who play in the nfl

said he wants No. 1

Odell is and has demonstrated his hate for losing. His injury and this whoe process and talking to the GM will be what he needs to go forward and be a much much better overall player and person. He AINT GOING ANYWHERE
                    +1. According to that hate to lose line....Odell fits that quote perfectly.

Comment

Go Giants
                      You are one of the few people who herd him,instead of cherry picking bits and pieces.

Comment

Dont think he wants Odel gone from what Ive read from his presser.He wants guys that hate to lose,I can put Odel in that category,he goes too far yes but he hates to lose.He said you dont quit on talent,when asked about the $ he said who doesnt want a lot of $.No doubt they will have to sit down n reel him in a some what but i wouldnt say Odel is a goner

Comment

Originally posted by jparmer View Post
                          That line alone tells me he would keep Beckham and Collins. They're the heart and passion of this team
                          Yessir.

Comment

Go Giants
                            Everybody go back and read the threads about McAdoo's press conference 2 years ago. It's very illuminating. Everyone was fawning over him....
                            It means absolutely nothing. It's talk.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

At least he knows the O line is a huge problem and needs to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X