Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM Gettleman already saying the right things:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I wasn't sold on his hire. I hope he cleans up the rumors of him being hard to get along with.

    As far as the presser, it was one of the best no BS press conferences I have heard in a very long time. He actually sounds like a football guy. Not a money guy that just does football at work. That's extremely encouraging.

    I'm willing to give this guy a chance.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by syrup View Post

      My point being this - he is like a Brady/Rodgers type of qb. We never do well against the Eagles and tbh Wentz is downright scary I feel. Gettleman is a good hire though but we need to draft a qb and develop him asap.
      Brady and Rodgers are 2 completely different types of QBs though. Do you just mean a superstar HOF QB?

      Obviously we need to get Eli's replacement ready since Reese has failed us there too so far. Webb needs to get action to see if he is anything. Unfortunately its too late to really learn anything this season for it. And we have the #2 pick next year.

      Comment


      • #33
        less cliches, more andrew luck
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

          Brady and Rodgers are 2 completely different types of QBs though. Do you just mean a superstar HOF QB?

          Obviously we need to get Eli's replacement ready since Reese has failed us there too so far. Webb needs to get action to see if he is anything. Unfortunately its too late to really learn anything this season for it. And we have the #2 pick next year.
          yes a super star qb is what I meant.

          Comment


          • #35
            Nice little pep talk to begin his tenure as GM but itís all still just talk at this point.

            I can state thatís aim confident because DG changed the culture in Carolina Panthers and put together a real good team. Letís give him a chance over here and see how he does.
            #80

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

              Everybody go back and read the threads about McAdoo's press conference 2 years ago. It's very illuminating. Everyone was fawning over him....
              It means absolutely nothing. It's talk.
              I agree with this 1000%

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                Everybody go back and read the threads about McAdoo's press conference 2 years ago. It's very illuminating. Everyone was fawning over him....
                It means absolutely nothing. It's talk.

                Comment


                • #38
                  No Shock, I wanted Louis Ridd1ck personally but I always said John Mara is gonna go with Familiarity. It was always going to be Abram or Gettleman because John and EA already know them. EA got Gettleman the Panthers job and suggested Abram as GM to the Lions.

                  Gettleman left the Panthers Roster is GREAT SHAPE they're legit Super Bowl Contenders right now so he couldn't have been that bad. I'm sure that automatically put Panthers DC Steve Wilks in the mix but I like Al Holcomb more who is young and has done a GREAT JOB as Linebacker Coach for the Panthers. I don't know if he is ready to be Head Coach but I hope Gettleman brings him back to this Organization as DC

                  Also wouldn't mind signing Andrew Norwell at one of the Guard Spots, who is having a break out year

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    All we need if a few good years from Gettleman and we would be good to right the ship. The biggest thing is getting the right HC now.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                      No Shock, I wanted Louis Ridd1ck personally but I always said John Mara is gonna go with Familiarity. It was always going to be Abram or Gettleman because John and EA already know them. EA got Gettleman the Panthers job and suggested Abram as GM to the Lions.

                      Gettleman left the Panthers Roster is GREAT SHAPE they're legit Super Bowl Contenders right now so he couldn't have been that bad. I'm sure that automatically put Panthers DC Steve Wilks in the mix but I like Al Holcomb more who is young and has done a GREAT JOB as Linebacker Coach for the Panthers. I don't know if he is ready to be Head Coach but I hope Gettleman brings him back to this Organization as DC

                      Also wouldn't mind signing Andrew Norwell at one of the Guard Spots, who is having a break out year
                      Why did you want Riddick?

                      Did you want him prior to hearing guys on here discuss him?

                      Why do you view him as the better GM?

                      Why is he not the GM of another team right now since he's not currently working in a FO?


                      Wash rinse repeat
                      Long Live the King

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                        Unless you're from Mars....you already knew this.
                        Marsaphob!....
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Our last GM said over and over that "the talent is there on the OL".

                          What a breath of fresh air...
                          I don't know whether he will be good or not but just having a truth teller in there is a start.

                          He said: "obviously we need to fix the OL."

                          Thank you Lord!!
                          No one remembers who came in second.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                            99.99999999% of people knew this. The only one who didnt I guess was Reese.
                            This is what I'm talking bout!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Good general manager , he built the Panthers around Newton. Can he get the right qb in this draft will determine if he is fired in 2 or 3 years, or he sticks.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                                Our last GM said over and over that "the talent is there on the OL".

                                What a breath of fresh air...
                                I don't know whether he will be good or not but just having a truth teller in there is a start.

                                He said: "obviously we need to fix the OL."

                                Thank you Lord!!
                                Because that guy drafted 4 of the 5, 3 with high picks. He was going down with his ship.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X