X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't tell me about the pain. Show me the baby"

I'm not in love with the Gettleman hire ... but I am encouraged

I am greatly impressed by the press conference

I have said some strong things on this forum in the last 24 hours on this topic ... I still believe those things ... but I am going to put those feelings in my back pocket and give this man a chance to hopefully prove me wrong

I loved many of the things he said this morning ... some of them hit a very sensitive nerve with me

so from here forward my attitude will be .. welcome home Dave lets get this done

"don't tell me about the pain. Show me the baby"

lets fix this franchise

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

I have said some strong things on this forum in the last 24 hours on this topic ... I still believe those things ... but I am going to put those feelings in my back pocket and give this man a chance to hopefully prove me wrong

I loved many of the things he said this morning ... some of them hit a very sensitive nerve with me

so from here forward my attitude will be .. welcome home Dave lets get this done

lets fix this franchise
    +1

Lets hope the ship is put back on course.
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

I agree. The press conference has quelled a bit of my anger as well. Lets see what he does going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

+1

Lets hope the ship is put back on course.
        I was really impressed by his presser

I need those words to become reality

Comment

Is there a transcript? Canít watch right now but could read. Glad to hear it sounded good

Comment

lets fix this franchise
            We had enough negativity this season and rightful so.. Glad you are moving forward. I absoulety loved that press conference I am now optimistic again.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
              Is there a transcript? Canít watch right now but could read. Glad to hear it sounded good
              I'm sure it will be up on the site very shortly

I highly recommend watching it

Comment

Wasn't a fan of the hire initially as well, but am feeling a little better after the press conference.

Seems like a blue collar guy. Unlike Reese, acknowledges OL as a real problem and something we need to fix starting right now.

Was worried he wouldn't be an OBJ fan but it seems like he realizes he is a supreme talent who wants nothing more than to win, and needs to be part of the solution, so that was encouraging.

Can only hope he is as good as advertised when it comes to making personnel decisions with one of the biggest offseasons we've had in a long time coming

Comment

lets fix this franchise
                  YA you had a right because to a certain extent they didn't do what they said they would,but as I said before I think Mara stepped in **** he got a good talent evaluator that has history with the team,but I believe he will change things in the way they draft and who they draft.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                    think giants .com has the quotes from the press conference.

Comment

lets fix this franchise
                      Yeah we had some failing seasons, but what's wrong with the franchise? How do we know it's not just BM being a terrible coach and JR not drafting well?

I'm still confused about all this, "we need an overhaul". So what are we overhauling? What do we expect to change?

You can't just overhaul without a plan or reason - hoping for the best.
                      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

lets fix this franchise
                        So you're telling us you still see Dave as the the warm and cuddly yes man?

Comment

lets fix this franchise
                          You'll have to excuse me if I'm not blown away by a "say all the right things" speech at a new hire's press conference.
                          Last edited by bigblue58; 12-29-2017, 01:24 PM.
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

So you're telling us you still see Dave as the the warm and cuddly yes man?
                            I never called him warm and cuddly .... I said the situation is ... and it indeed is ... it's a homecoming

a yes man ... indeed ... it is tailor made for him to be ... simply by familiarity alone

but I am encouraged by his approach to football and that he is a film addict

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not blown away by a "say all the right things" speech at a new hire's press conference.
                              you are indeed excused and free to feel as you wish

and I am not "blown away" either ... but I am encouraged

where this is nowhere near the "wholesale change" that John preached over many airwaves and avenues I am encouraged by a football man who believes in the trenches , running the football , and stopping the run

I do believe this was 100% a comfort hire .... but I am doing my best to keep this thread positive and trust Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X