Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
    I'll post the link
    No need, buddy. I absolutely believe you but I'm not interested in what some of the Carolina media thinks of him. That's even less important than what the players think.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

It's all subjective. Believe it or not, SOME people don't even like ME!! I mean....wtf?
      That can't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

I don't have a candidate

they never waited to interview eligible candidates ... they had their mind made up very early and the interview process they conducted was nothing but a front

any aggressive and intelligent outside hire who would promote culture change would have been fine with me

What a cop-out.

Weak ....

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
          http://nyp.st/2E88Oxf

a the link to the story of why Gettleman was fired from Carolina
          Thanks, I read it. Hardly compelling, particularly when he was pretty much right. But who knows, maybe the owner knows better. We'll see when they win the SB this year, lol

Comment

I'll give Gettleman a chance for the same reason I'll let a hurricane destroy my house.....I don't have a choice!!!
            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What a cop-out.

Weak ....
              should I make someone up so you feel better about it ?

I honestly had no preference other than not hiring Gettleman

I think they missed out by rushing the process ... who knows who they could have interviewed

but they got the guy they wanted ... so...

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I just said 3 of the first 4 picks that draft. And Bradberry is a good CB. He is not near what Norman was in that defense, and the defense has not been the same without Norman albeit still good.
                True but I think the retirement of Tillman and the injuries to the offensive line were bigger issues than Norman. Norman is a good player player and a very great player in the right system surrounded by other quality players, but he's hardly a player you build a defense around nor that much of a difference maker by himself. Even had they decided to overpay Norman to keep him, the Panthers offense with no offensive line was taking them nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

True but I think the retirement of Tillman and the injuries to the offensive line were bigger issues than Norman. Norman is a good player player and a very great player in the right system surrounded by other quality players, but he's hardly a player you build a defense around nor that much of a difference maker by himself. Even had they decided to overpay Norman to keep him, the Panthers offense with no offensive line was taking them nowhere.
                  I am not saying he made the wrong move, just what he was forced to do after making said move.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

we've had our run ins

I'll just leave it at that

he has always been fine to me but was pretty ****ty to a member of my family on a few occasions ... all unwarranted
                    Well that makes sense. So this is something personal for you. Enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Thanks, I read it. Hardly compelling, particularly when he was pretty much right. But who knows, maybe the owner knows better. We'll see when they win the SB this year, lol
                      You read it? And he was right? Lol
                      Gettleman being right isn't exactly what I took away from that article.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                        http://nyp.st/2E88Oxf

a the link to the story of why Gettleman was fired from Carolina
                        Gettleman’s success with the Panthers is hard to argue. He took over a franchise that had missed the postseason in six of the previous seven seasons and was reportedly $16 million over the salary cap. Remolding the roster around stars like Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Davis and Olsen led to the ouster of other established stars like Steve Smith and Jon Beason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Well that makes sense. So this is something personal for you. Enough said.
                          not wanting him as the GM is not personal

not liking him as a person is obviously personal

two completely separate issues

my issue is actually more with John Mara than Dave Gettleman

this team needed "wholesale change" ... John verbally recognized it on multiple occasions ... then hired an inside guy who will more than likely keep guys like Marc Ross employed by the NY Giants

he also didn't even wait to interview guys who would become eligible when their respective seasons ended ... he just went through the motions of a false interview process and hired the guy he wanted before Jerrys coffee got cold

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

not wanting him as the GM is not personal

not liking him as a person is obviously personal

two completely separate issues

my issue is actually more with John Mara than Dave Gettleman

this team needed "wholesale change" ... John verbally recognized it on multiple occasions ... then hired an inside guy who will more than likely keep guys like Marc Ross employed by the NY Giants

he also didn't even wait to interview guys who would become eligible when their respective seasons ended ... he just went through the motions of a false interview process and hired the guy he wanted before Jerrys coffee got cold

Just curious YA. Coming from a guy whose family had close ties to Giants upper level years ago. Like when Alex Webster was HC! Now some connection, but less so.
                            Question is... Does John Mara, who you have known for years, and others, know you post here and can be honestly critical, and still be allowed in the building? HAHA...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I just said 3 of the first 4 picks that draft. And Bradberry is a good CB. He is not near what Norman was in that defense, and the defense has not been the same without Norman albeit still good.
                              That defense is tremendous. You know what defense sucks?.....the one Norman plays on now?

Norman is a crappy cover guy. He's a great ball hawk but he can't cover me.
                              It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I am not saying he made the wrong move, just what he was forced to do after making said move.
                                Gotcha. That's fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X