Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' FB Henry Hynoski Possibly In Line For Week 1 Return

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._1_return.html

Excerpt: "When Henry Hynoski went down with a lateral plateau fracture on his left knee back in late May, he said his goal was to be ready for the first game of the season.

After a month and a half of rehab, that goal still seems to be in reach.

According to one person briefed on Hynoski's progress, the Giants fullback is still preparing to come back for Week 1, and may even be a little ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation.

Medical reports on Hynoski, who went down during an 11-on-11 session, banging knees with Andre Brown, have come back positive since and it's likely that the fullback can begin full weight-bearing exercise in the coming weeks." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

don't rush back too soon.. but hurry up

Comment

Don't rush back. A guy like him, a UDFA might feel the need to rush back so he won't lose his job especially when there is another FA out there being talked about. It's a long season.

Comment

Been rehabbing for a month and a half and still can't do weight bearing exercises . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          don't rush back too soon.. but hurry up
          lmfao
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Been rehabbing for a month and a half and still can't do weight bearing exercises . . . .
            Tells us, Dr, Positive, what would have been an appropriate time to start based on your experience
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Right, perfect insight on how extensive the knee injury is. I don't want to see him until after September. For his own good.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Tells us, Dr, Positive, what would have been an appropriate time to start based on your experience
                I don't know . . . . but I do know that a July 10 article claiming that he is "on track" to return Week One when he hasn't even done any weight bearing exercise is just silly.

Comment

PUP him, Pascoe can fill the hole for a bit. Hell, see what a backup OL can do as well.
                  WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I hope he doesnt rush back to soon and just make the injury worse. I think Pasco will do a fine job at fullback until he can return. Plus Im excited to see Pasco throwing a block on someone with some steam from the backfield and leveling them. Bear runs with that anger like he is going to lay someone out and I love that about him.
                    " Loser's assemble in little group's and complain about the coaches and the player's in other little group's, but winner's assemble as a team " - Hall of Fame qoute by - Bill Parcells when he was speaking with Wellington Mara about the inscription of Emlen Tunnell's Hall of Fame.

Comment

i know its unrealistic to think so, but it'd be nice if we could have an understanding of the entire situation as well. its toughfor me at least to make the connection when it talks of the tear and bone chip and then skips to hopeful to play week 1 all bc a person briefed on the situation said so...

we know where the injury occurred (what part of the body) but does anyone know the actual extent? i'd like to know what grade injuries each was...

Comment

Originally posted by JsBigBlue View Post
                        I hope he doesnt rush back to soon and just make the injury worse. I think Pasco will do a fine job at fullback until he can return. Plus Im excited to see Pasco throwing a block on someone with some steam from the backfield and leveling them. Bear runs with that anger like he is going to lay someone out and I love that about him.

bears plyed plenty of fb for me to make this statement; he isn't half the blocker hyno is...and is kinda a holding penalty machine.

hyno is 10x the fb imho and its not even close. i'm ok i guess with bear filling in if hynos gotta miss a few weeks, but anything more time wise, i'd prefer a guy like leach. i would not be confident in bear holding up at fb for a significant period of time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          bears plyed plenty of fb for me to make this statement; he isn't half the blocker hyno is...and is kinda a holding penalty machine.

hyno is 10x the fb imho and its not even close. i'm ok i guess with bear filling in if hynos gotta miss a few weeks, but anything more time wise, i'd prefer a guy like leach. i would not be confident in bear holding up at fb for a significant period of time at all.
                          Well hopefully since he is going to do more FB stuff and blocking from that position all thru training camp then he will the TE position. He might not be as bad as you give him credit for. Wait until we see him play after this training camp before you judge him. He might surprise us all.
                          " Loser's assemble in little group's and complain about the coaches and the player's in other little group's, but winner's assemble as a team " - Hall of Fame qoute by - Bill Parcells when he was speaking with Wellington Mara about the inscription of Emlen Tunnell's Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by JsBigBlue View Post
                            Well hopefully since he is going to do more FB stuff and blocking from that position all thru training camp then he will the TE position. He might not be as bad as you give him credit for. Wait until we see him play after this training camp before you judge him. He might surprise us all.
                            thats some fair advice and ill take u up on it. i pretty much have written bear off, and maybe your right, maybe a training camp dedicated to being a FB will help him out, alhtough iirc I think he's had a prior training camp with a similar scenario and he dedicated himself to being a FB...

he can get the job done. i just was growing accustomed and looking forward to hyno excelling at the job. but i'll hold off until i see how bear looks in preseason...we just have had to use him as a FB PLENTY already in his tenure as a giant, its why he's probably even made the team. i dunno...we'll see...

Comment

I don't know . . . . but I do know that a July 10 article claiming that he is "on track" to return Week One when he hasn't even done any weight bearing exercise is just silly.
                              Isn't that a medical projection made by the medical staff?

Comment

Working...
                              X