Giants view WEBB as.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants view WEBB as.....

the answer to the QB situation. Looking back at how Rodgers sat behind Farve for all those years, you cannot convince me that the coaches, players, and FO didnt know that Rodgers had way more talent than Farve. For that reason, the Packers kept Rodgers out of games so no film could be compiled on him, and by doing that Rodgers gained ZERO leverage against the franchise. I believe this is exactly what's happening here. The coaches and Eli both know who the better QB is right now. Ever wonder why Eli wants to continue playing thru a season with NO HOPE and possibility of injury? He doesn't want the organization to play Webb!
    sigpic

but its not like teams can just snatch him up though. its all really a mystery really. is he good is he not grasping things well, we dont know. was it the coaches not getting him more ready midseason ect.

Comment

Uh, ok

Comment

I think demonstrates an amazingly deep level of understanding of the deepest intricacies of the NFL.

I really like the part about forcing himself into the lineup of a glorified JV team because of the guarantee of never getting hurt. Otherwise, playing on a team built like that would be a recipe for injury which would hasten Webb's insertion into the lineup and reveal whole charade!

It's Machiavellian in its simplicity, like hiding in plain sight.
        sigpic

Comment

If you say so. But I must say you omitted these facts .Rodgers drafted in 05. Farve in 07 13-3.( lost to Eli in NFC title game) So yea they held him back to leverage him. Great deduction on your part.
          The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            but its not like teams can just snatch him up though. its all really a mystery really. is he good is he not grasping things well, we dont know. was it the coaches not getting him more ready midseason ect.
            When your 3rd QB is the last one leaving the building the majority of the season, I think you can throw out the idea of Webb not grasping things well.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
              If you say so. But I must say you omitted these facts .Rodgers drafted in 05. Farve in 07 13-3.( lost to Eli in NFC title game) So yea they held him back to leverage him. Great deduction on your part.
              Never said the Packers were trying to leverage Rodgers.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

Eli was 11-5 when we used a 3rd on Webb.
                And this is relevant to Rodgers being held back for leverage because?
                The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

I for one just wanted to see if the kid can be the future at QB,wasnt pro Webb or anti,just wanted to see what he can do.If he ends up being a keeper,kool you dont have o worry about the process of taking a gamble one another guy especially a high 1st rounder who would be guaranteed millions.If he's not ah well move on and start the process of looking for the next franchise QB.I dont think its fair to say the kid's a bust simple because he wasnt a 1st rounder.Mac and the rest of his staff admitted for day one this kid was gonna be inactive doing nothing but sitting and watching and sad to say they made sure of it.Now all this has unfolded and the kids by some critics is being said to be unprepared for live action,how can he be prepared when the coaching staff did nothing to get him prepped.Whether he's good or not the least they could have done is properly found out that way this doesnt go as it has.Lotta fans have bough tinto the hype of these 1st rounders they have put in this year,dude from USC last night,Giants would be wise to think real hard before picking him,he didn't look all that great,now critics are wondering should he stay instead of coming out.Rosen is just one hard hit away from being back in concussion protocol,which is not a good thing at all(Aikman) comes to mind with him

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
                    I for one just wanted to see if the kid can be the future at QB,wasnt pro Webb or anti,just wanted to see what he can do.If he ends up being a keeper,kool you dont have o worry about the process of taking a gamble one another guy especially a high 1st rounder who would be guaranteed millions.If he's not ah well move on and start the process of looking for the next franchise QB.I dont think its fair to say the kid's a bust simple because he wasnt a 1st rounder.Mac and the rest of his staff admitted for day one this kid was gonna be inactive doing nothing but sitting and watching and sad to say they made sure of it.Now all this has unfolded and the kids by some critics is being said to be unprepared for live action,how can he be prepared when the coaching staff did nothing to get him prepped.Whether he's good or not the least they could have done is properly found out that way this doesnt go as it has.Lotta fans have bough tinto the hype of these 1st rounders they have put in this year,dude from USC last night,Giants would be wise to think real hard before picking him,he didn't look all that great,now critics are wondering should he stay instead of coming out.Rosen is just one hard hit away from being back in concussion protocol,which is not a good thing at all(Aikman) comes to mind with him
                    I still cannot fathom Webb hasnt gotten a jersey all year, or at least worked with the scout team from week to week. I agree with your opinion on this year's draft class. I wouldn't risk a 2nd on any of the top guys. If we keep Eli, or give Webb the chance to prove he's the guy, I would wait until the 3rd or 4th to select Quinton Flowers out of USF.
                    sigpic

Comment

Never said the Packers were trying to leverage Rodgers.
                      "Rodgers gained ZERO leverage against the franchise."

So this does not mean the packers were subverting ( leveraging) Rodgers ability to showcase his talent. Holding him back on purpose for an inferior QB to keep him cheap. If not explain the meaning of the line?

Comment

And this is relevant to Rodgers being held back for leverage because?
                        I edited my reply. But you forgot to mention how many years were left on Farve's contract when they drafted Rodgers. They HAD to play Farve (the golden child) until it would be cost-effective to trade or release him.... Farve ended up retiring instead.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Rodgers gained ZERO leverage against the franchise."

So this does not mean the packers were subverting ( leveraging) Rodgers ability to showcase his talent. Holding him back on purpose for an inferior QB to keep him cheap. If not explain the meaning of the line?
                          No. It's not what it means.
                          Here's the entire sentence... "For that reason, the Packers kept Rodgers out of games so no film could be compiled on him, and by doing that Rodgers gained ZERO leverage against the franchise."
                          We're all grown here, i hope. If you can take your message board ego out of it for a second, you'll be able to use context clues to figure out what I mean.
                          sigpic

Comment

I edited my reply. But you forgot to mention how many years were left on Farve's contract when they drafted Rodgers. They HAD to play Farve (the golden child) until it would be cost-effective to trade or release him.... Farve ended up retiring instead.
                            But he still went 13-3 in 07 . Explain how that was not the right choice for GB? Selected to the Pro Bowl in 07, Your OP suggests that Farve was not the right fit for GB at the time and Rodgers was.. You still have not provided any proof you assumption holds merit. If anything it proved the opposite GB went from 13-3 in 07 with Farve to 6-10 in 08 with Rodgers.

I can agree that Rodgers turned out to be a good QB but . What you claim is wrong.
                            Last edited by TEM; 12-30-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              Uh, ok
                              i applaud the imagination on these boards every single day! the human mind is incredible! just incredible!

Comment

Working...
                              X