Giants view WEBB as.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    the answer to the QB situation. Looking back at how Rodgers sat behind Farve for all those years, you cannot convince me that the coaches, players, and FO didnt know that Rodgers had way more talent than Farve. For that reason, the Packers kept Rodgers out of games so no film could be compiled on him, and by doing that Rodgers gained ZERO leverage against the franchise. I believe this is exactly what's happening here. The coaches and Eli both know who the better QB is right now. Ever wonder why Eli wants to continue playing thru a season with NO HOPE and possibility of injury? He doesn't want the organization to play Webb!
    You're overthinking the situation

Comment

Either way, the Giants seem to be rolling with Eli and Webb going into next season... I don't think that's such a bad deal. There are teams out there who wish they were in our situation right now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        I think demonstrates an amazingly deep level of understanding of the deepest intricacies of the NFL.

I really like the part about forcing himself into the lineup of a glorified JV team because of the guarantee of never getting hurt. Otherwise, playing on a team built like that would be a recipe for injury which would hasten Webb's insertion into the lineup and reveal whole charade!

It's Machiavellian in its simplicity, like hiding in plain sight.
        I laughed out loud.

Comment

So the GM that didn;t draft him, or see him play a single snap, and the soon to be hired director of scouting and soon to be hired
          HC, OC, and QB Coach view him as the QB of the Future?

Do I have that right?

Look, I want people to post on the boards and share ideas and crazy theories, but this is really not well thought out.

OK, so with that Rant out of the way, what do we know about Webb?
          - He was well thought of in Draft Circles
          - Did a good job replacing Goff at Cal
          - Played at Texas Tech with Baker Mayfield who he beat out, and Patrick Mahomes, who ended up beating him out.
          - He has a good arm and it is said he can make "All the Throws"
          - Compared to Nick Foles and Brock Osweiler

Draft Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ebb?id=2557897

Combine Workout: http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...a-857e5221264e

I'd like to draft a QB at #2 personally. I want a guy that has always been the guy, and will be the guy. That is not Davis Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
            So the GM that didn;t draft him, or see him play a single snap, and the soon to be hired director of scouting and soon to be hired
            HC, OC, and QB Coach view him as the QB of the Future?

Do I have that right?

Look, I want people to post on the boards and share ideas and crazy theories, but this is really not well thought out.

OK, so with that Rant out of the way, what do we know about Webb?
            - He was well thought of in Draft Circles
            - Did a good job replacing Goff at Cal
            - Played at Texas Tech with Baker Mayfield who he beat out, and Patrick Mahomes, who ended up beating him out.
            - He has a good arm and it is said he can make "All the Throws"
            - Compared to Nick Foles and Brock Osweiler

Draft Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ebb?id=2557897

Combine Workout: http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...a-857e5221264e

I'd like to draft a QB at #2 personally. I want a guy that has always been the guy, and will be the guy. That is not Davis Webb.

You just ruled out Mayfield with your logic of "always being the guy" because he was beat out by Webb at Texas Tech...
            So who are you rolling with?

IMO, Webb is in the same class of the Qbs coming out this year. Why waste a #2 pick on the same level of talent?
            sigpic

Comment

You just ruled out Mayfield with your logic of "always being the guy" because he was beat out by Webb at Texas Tech...
              So who are you rolling with?

IMO, Webb is in the same class of the Qbs coming out this year. Why waste a #2 pick on the same level of talent?
              Webb is not the same level of Prospect as Allen, Rosen or Darnold, he just isn't and if you think he is you need to do some serious examination about how you look at Football. All Three of those guys will have Top 10 Grades. Rosen and Darnold will have top 5 Grades.

Baker Mayfield was the guy from the minute he talked to Bob Stoops at Oklahoma. We are not drafting Baker Mayfield though, in my opinion. I like Mayfield a lot. And again, he walked into Oklahoma and was the guy there.

I want Josh Allen or Darnold.

Comment

I'm just hoping Rosen and Darnold declare and that the Browns take a QB at # 1, so we can get Barkley.

Comment

the answer to the QB situation. Looking back at how Rodgers sat behind Farve for all those years, you cannot convince me that the coaches, players, and FO didnt know that Rodgers had way more talent than Farve. For that reason, the Packers kept Rodgers out of games so no film could be compiled on him, and by doing that Rodgers gained ZERO leverage against the franchise. I believe this is exactly what's happening here. The coaches and Eli both know who the better QB is right now. Ever wonder why Eli wants to continue playing thru a season with NO HOPE and possibility of injury? He doesn't want the organization to play Webb!
                  Who says the Giants view Webb as the answer??....Name one person in the FO who said that and provide a link.... You make a false statement and then try to explain it with convoluted conspiratorial logic. Sorry, but your whole post and premise is just plain dumb.

Comment

Your actually comparing Davis Webb to Aaron Rodgers, A 1st round draft pick to a 3rd round Draft pick that MANY FEEL was a reach. Oh and least I forget we are talking Franchise QB's here. You are also trying to tell us the Aaron Rodgers when drafted was more talented than Brett Favre and that is why he sat behind Favre for what was it 3 seasons or was it 4, I really cant remember.

Yae OK lets sit our Way More Talented rookie QB for this many years so other teams cant get film on him. That was enough for me to STOP READING because the Only thing you are doing is justifying your man love for Davis Webb. And you are now, seriously reaching and you are telling me and everyone who read your post that you will say anything to push your agenda on Davis Webb. Oh wait Eli is scared that Webb will outplay him and he will lose his job. PLEASE!! This is total non-sense

Comment

The Giants are resting Palmer b/c he's the next Bo Jackson too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post

Who says the Giants view Webb as the answer??....Name one person in the FO who said that and provide a link.... You make a false statement and then try to explain it with convoluted conspiratorial logic. Sorry, but your whole post and premise is just plain dumb.
                        False statement implies i'm stating facts. This is clearly my opinion.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post

Your actually comparing Davis Webb to Aaron Rodgers, A 1st round draft pick to a 3rd round Draft pick that MANY FEEL was a reach. Oh and least I forget we are talking Franchise QB's here. You are also trying to tell us the Aaron Rodgers when drafted was more talented than Brett Favre and that is why he sat behind Favre for what was it 3 seasons or was it 4, I really cant remember.

Yae OK lets sit our Way More Talented rookie QB for this many years so other teams cant get film on him. That was enough for me to STOP READING because the Only thing you are doing is justifying your man love for Davis Webb. And you are now, seriously reaching and you are telling me and everyone who read your post that you will say anything to push your agenda on Davis Webb. Oh wait Eli is scared that Webb will outplay him and he will lose his job. PLEASE!! This is total non-sense
                          You need to work on your reading skills man. Half of what you said is made up, and if you read my post without blinders on you'd understand my opinion.
                          sigpic

Comment

You need to work on your reading skills man. Half of what you said is made up, and if you read my post without blinders on you'd understand my opinion.
                            Made UP? What is made up? I never thought you could make up your own thoughts HMMMM That is interesting Let me Google that
                            Last edited by couchcoach100; 01-02-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post

Made UP?? What is made up I never thought you could make up your own thoughts HMMMM That is interesting Let me Google that
                              The fact that you admitted to "STOP READING" after a certain point makes any response to my post irrelevant. Thanks though, Troll.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100
                                So what exactly did I Make Up.. Everything I posted was a disagreement to what you said. It is there in Black and White What you said and Nothing that I said put any words in your mouth. I did refute what you said because I totally disagree with it but I did not "MAKE UP" Any of it. If I did please write down what I Made up so I can see what you supposedly see
                                Welcome to the Boards.
                                You fit right in.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X