Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here actually watching the game today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here actually watching the game today?

This is the most irrelevant football game for the giants that I can remember. Even more irrelevant than last weeks game. I am not watching any football today. I am watching the Twilight Zone Marathon instead. I hate neglecting giants football, but this is my most favorite show ever. For those watching the game, enjoy. For those watching the Twilight Zone Marathon as well, welcome to the party pal!
    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Absolutely I'm watching. I think there's a good chance the Colts lose, so whether we get the second or third pick is important to me. I don't know that I can actively root for them to lose during the game as that just has a sickening feeling to me, but when all is said and done if they lose the game I know I'll feel better later on in the evening knowing our ability to get Josh Rosen will be that much higher.

Comment

Yes I will be watching it with interest.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Honest to god. I couldn’t even imagine not watching a giants game on Sunday. Or any football if we’re not playing.

Comment

I am. Got a gig tonight in a hotel. Checking in at 1 and watching the game in the bar with my 3 best friends. My wife (Giants fan), a Redskins fan and a Jets fan. All will be rooting for Washington.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Yes to watching.....after all, it could be Eli Manning's last game......right????
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Watching and hoping they don't blow the draft position!

Comment

I am interested in seeing which guys understand that when there's a new boss you want to perform at your best.

Comment

Absolutely. The nightmare will finally be over.

Comment

Besides....there's always a chance Webb comes in the 4th quarter and puts up 350 yards and 4 TDs
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I'll be watching. Will be interesting to see how the offense looks if they put Webb in. I both always want us to win, and hope we don't blow our draft position. Kinda bi-polar!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                        Yes to watching.....after all, it could be Eli Manning's last game......right????
                        https://nypost.com/2017/12/31/eli-ma...d-with-giants/
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Beside me, who else here will be lining up at WR for Eli?

Seriously, I don't think I can name the starters.

BTW, did anyone else notice during our game before Christmas that we had 2 receivers out there named Shepard and Rudolph?

Comment

More to watch the tackle play than anything else. Maybe a Webb sighting at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                              I don't think that it is. Here is what I see happening:
                              1) NYG trades down and drafts either Barkley or the best olineman in the draft
                              2) Eli Manning stays at least another year with a revamped oline and running game

As a person that actually wants to move on from Eli, the reality of the situation is that he is a made man in this franchise and they will give him the full benefit of the doubt. Remember when Tommy killed Billy Bats? This is what Henry Hill said about that:
                              "We had a, we had a serious problem with Billy Batts. This was really a touchy thing. Tommy had killed a made guy. Batts was part of the Gambino crew and was considered untouchable. Before you could touch a made guy, you had to have a good reason. You had to have a sitdown, and you better get an okay, or you'd be the one who got whacked."
                              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Working...
                              X