No announcement yet.

Jim Schwartz a favorite right now...NO!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Schwartz a favorite right now...NO!

There is better options than him...he has a loseing overall record as a coach.¬*https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...qt-ZVl&ampcf=1
    Last edited by StroSwift10NYG; 12-31-2017, 12:29 PM.

Solid defensive coordinator though...

Comment

I knew his name would pop up (as soon as Gettlemen hinted towards liking defensive coaches) which is all good however, I want nothing to do with him. Keep em in philly.
      Last edited by ALLnygIN; 12-31-2017, 12:30 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Is there a link saying he's the favorite? Would like to know the source.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          Is there a link saying he's the favorite? Would like to know the source.
          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...qt-ZVl&ampcf=1

Comment

the thought of his hiring is depressing

Comment

Why do people use this excuse of "overall coaching record" as a reason to not like a coach. Do some research and come up with a real reason to not like the guy. Do you know what Bill Belichicks record was before going to the Pats and finding Tom Brady? He was 36-44. 70% of Super Bowl winning coaches had failed as a Head Coach someplace else and every multiple Super Bowl winning coach in the last 30 years had failed someplace else.

Failure happens. As long as people learn from it then it's ok.

With that said Schwartz is a very good defensive coach but personality wise I am not a big fan of his. We have Spags to run the D. I'd like an offensive minded coach, otherwise we will need to go find a OC.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Thanks. It's SI so I wouldn't exactly call it Shwartz's job to lose at this point.

That being said.....I wouldn't be opposed to this either. I want a defensive minded HC.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  Why do people use this excuse of "overall coaching record" as a reason to not like a coach. Do some research and come up with a real reason to not like the guy. Do you know what Bill Belichicks record was before going to the Pats and finding Tom Brady? He was 36-44. 70% of Super Bowl winning coaches had failed as a Head Coach someplace else and every multiple Super Bowl winning coach in the last 30 years had failed someplace else.

With that said Schwartz is a very good defensive coach but personality wise I am not a big fan of his. We have Spags to run the D. I'd like an offensive minded coach, otherwise we will need to go find a OC.
                  Spags is not surviving the offseason,...... and we're going to need a new OC anyway no matter if the new HC is offensive minded or not.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

I don't think he is a good HC just for the fact he had Matthew Stafford, Nate Burleson, Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh only managed to win 4 games.
                    Last edited by TEM; 12-31-2017, 12:47 PM.
                    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

I sure hope not...
                      sigpic

Comment

If he can come in here with a pair and put ppl in their place when the time calls for it,get it back to where it needs to be I'm cool.Do just what Gettleman is doing,you dont wanna play,hit the bricks,namely JPP,OV who I like but aw well and any other player whose not producing taking up space,if their production dont change then your playing time will.Winning games is the name of the game and if a rookie can do better than a high price vet then he needs to be in their playing

Comment

Who else might be a great choice currently a DC?

Comment

Lets clear one thing up. That SI article says Schefter said he was the favorite, but that is a flat out lie. Listen to Schefter. " A lot of people think Scwartz is A favorite for the job" That is very different from him actually being THE favorite.

Comment

I actually like Schwartz.....he is a tad cocky and a bit of a hard-*** but I think he has some swag.

Werenít his Detroit teams solid defensively? Wasnít Buffalo #1 defense under Schwartz and now Philly a top D under him?

Just feel like this is a hard nosed tough football coach who will at a minimum bring us toughness, D and some swag/confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X