That interception on Eli...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That interception on Eli...........

...reminds me of the one he threw on opening night a few years ago in Dallas. David Wilson was the non-recipient on that play.

Eli should have thrown that ball away. He should not try to make that throw.

I am not taking any of the blame off of Eli but to understand what happened you need to look closely at the play. Today, and on that play in Dallas, our running back was hiding behind our offensive lineman giving Eli nowhere to throw. All the back had to do was open up the angle on the route 3 yards to his left and it would have been wide open. So, the RB needs to run a better route or Eli needs to throw that ball away. Even floating the ball over the defender would have allowed the LB to close on our RB, probably blowing him up on the play. The LT could have also burrowed into the DE more aggressively to keep his hands down.

Bad play all around.
    No one remembers who came in second.

You saw it. I saw it and Eli saw it. He should have looked off and went elsewhere

Comment

yeah throw at the rb's feet.

Comment

Flashback
        I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Still havenít done a great job on screens. Something to continue to work on in offseason. Eli really only ran them well with Tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post
            You saw it. I saw it and Eli saw it. He should have looked off and went elsewhere
            or thrown it away. Someone else said it right, he hasn't thrown screens well since Tiki, probably because Tiki set them up better but Eli doesn't seem to have the touch for that short throw anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              ...reminds me of the one he threw on opening night a few years ago in Dallas. David Wilson was the non-recipient on that play.

Eli should have thrown that ball away. He should not try to make that throw.

I am not taking any of the blame off of Eli but to understand what happened you need to look closely at the play. Today, and on that play in Dallas, our running back was hiding behind our offensive lineman giving Eli nowhere to throw. All the back had to do was open up the angle on the route 3 yards to his left and it would have been wide open. So, the RB needs to run a better route or Eli needs to throw that ball away. Even floating the ball over the defender would have allowed the LB to close on our RB, probably blowing him up on the play. The LT could have also burrowed into the DE more aggressively to keep his hands down.

Bad play all around.
              Itís Eli being careless with the ball. Thatís all it Is. The RB is where he was supposed to be, props for the DE in the play recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Itís Eli being careless with the ball. Thatís all it Is. The RB is where he was supposed to be, props for the DE in the play recognition.
                Of course the RB is out of position except for those who view everything through the I hate Eli prism.
                See the video above.

1. Eli should have throw it away, there was no good option there with that RB
                2. The RB needs to run a better route and recognize where the DE is
                3. Out LT needs to attack more aggressively to get the DEs hands down.

Comment

Is there ever an Eli INT without an excuse for it?

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                    More evidence....... People refuse to read anything.
                    Not a single post on this thread says anything other than........... he needs to throw that away........... and yet, you allude to excuses. SMH
                    Last edited by jomo; 12-31-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                      Nope.

Comment

More evidence.
                        That he's washed up? That evidence has pretty much been non stop for the past year and a half to anyone not blind with Eli love.

Comment

Of course the RB is out of position except for those who view everything through the I hate Eli prism.
                          See the video above.

1. Eli should have throw it away, there was no good option there with that RB
                          2. The RB needs to run a better route and recognize where the DE is
                          3. Out LT needs to attack more aggressively to get the DEs hands down.
                          You just donít understand. There is no ďrouteĒ that an RB runs in executing a screen route. If he does run a route from the route tree, please let me know what it is. His job is to get to the flat, wait for the offensive linemen to pull and wait for the ball. What did he do wrong?

the LT can chop there but thatís all play design, you canít really stop a DE from disengaging and reading a play.

Dont confuse ďhateĒ for a general lack of understanding on how screens work on your part
                          Last edited by CGYgiant; 12-31-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Cousins making bad throws to

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

You just donít understand. There is no ďrouteĒ that an RB runs in executing a screen route. If he does run a route from the route tree, please let me know what it is. His job is to get to the flat, wait for the offensive linemen to pull and wait for the ball. What did he do wrong?

the LT can chop there but thatís all play design, you canít really stop a DE from disengaging and reading a play.

General lack lf understanding
                              Which of course is why the RB has to be cognizant of the situation and adjust appropriately. It is not a route it is a read.
                              There was no opening there. Eli should have recognized that and thrown it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X