Chad Wheeler. LT of The Future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Wheeler. LT of The Future?

I really liked what I saw from the kid today. I doubt Flowers beats him in camp. No need to scream cut flowers. He's on his rookie contract, so keep him on the 2nd string.
    Long Live the King

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
    I really liked what I saw from the kid today. I doubt Flowers beats him in camp. No need to scream cut flowers. He's on his rookie contract, so keep him on the 2nd string.
    +1
    that is one spot we do not have to worry about on the o-line in my amateur opinion

Comment

With a full year in the offseason program, he could make a big jump forward next year

Comment

Wheeler looks like a football player out there. It's that much of a difference from Flowers IMO.

Comment

Looked much better than flowers ever has. Next question is, do you want to let these 2 battle it out or have flowers switch to guard and battle out a rookie guard.

Comment

Looked much better than flowers ever has. Next question is, do you want to let these 2 battle it out or have flowers switch to guard and battle out a rookie guard.
            I'd like to see how Flowers looks on the right side, guard or RT

Comment

Thats RT..lol

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
                Wheeler looks like a football player out there. It's that much of a difference from Flowers IMO.
                I hope you're right but a year or so ago a lot of people on here thought Hart was going to be a big improvement over Newhouse and that didn't work out so well.
                But regardless of how Wheeler turns out if Flowers refused to play today like ESPN reported I doubt he'll be on the team next year. Gettleman has probably been trying to work out a trade for him since yesterday.

Comment

Im a little worried about keeping a guy on the team that reportedly was refusing to play even as a backup
                  Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

LT is a position Flowers should never get to see again. There were probably 2-3 guys better than him to start this season and the arrogant GM and HC get trotting this scrub out there because he was a first round pick.

Comment

He is looking better. Need to work this off-season to hone his skill set.
                      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Remember how many scouts said that Flowers should be a RT or a Guard in the NFL... maybe that Reese is gone we can FINALLY stop being stubborn and start placing people in different spots to have them succeed rather than trying to square peg, round hole them into a position on the line that most scouts didn't think they were meant for to begin with (aka Flowers playing LT). We kept on hearing that Flowers was a "mauler" in the run game but we were too busy seeing his **** poor edge pass blocking to ever see that skill set. Probably doesn't help t hat he was playing against the fastest guys on the defensive line (DEs) when he's a strong kid (had the most bench presses at the combine in his draft class). Maybe he should be pairing up against Defensive tackles and not defensive ends. idk... is that too logical? haha.
                        Last edited by compaqnigg; 12-31-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                          Remember how many scouts said that Flowers should be a RT or a Guard in the NFL... maybe that Reese is gone we can FINALLY stop being stubborn and start placing people in different spots to have them succeed rather than trying to square peg, round hole them into a position on the line that most scouts didn't think they were meant for to begin with (aka Flowers playing LT). We kept on hearing that Flowers was a "mauler" in the run game but we were too busy seeing his **** poor edge pass blocking to ever see that skill set. Probably doesn't help t hat he was playing against the fastest guys on the defensive line (DEs) when he's a strong kid (had the most bench presses at the combine in his draft class). Maybe he should be pairing up against Defensive tackles and not defensive ends. idk... is that too logical? haha.
                          Why would moving a OT that struggles with technique be moved to a position where technique (because of proximity to the DL) is of absolute importance be considered a good idea?

if he cant play OT then hell be a back up.

Comment

I liked what I saw from him his first start, but then he kinda had a tough time let him compete but the last thing I want is the JR approach that were good they just to be coached up,go at the offseason like the line needs to be rebuilt.

Comment

For sure. It just blows your mind that when the season was still young and when guys like Flowers and Hart were struggling and showing lapses in effort mcAdoo didnt put Wheeler and Bisnowaty out there more.

It was a weak draft class but both Wheeler and Bisnowaty were well thought off: like 6th and 7th top tackles in the draft: limited athletically and raw but hard workers, mean streaks, and fundamentally sound. That indicated the potential and ability is there to be atarters or at least solid backups.

While our Oline mighht need rebuilding, we still have some pieces and a foundation to work with. Wheeler and Bisnowaty for one. Fluker lkayed hurt and played well here and he seemed to resurrect his once promising young career. Brent Jones was a jump over Richburg. Pugh is sold but was injury prone this year. Flowers improved but he showed his attitude is bad and is lazy; speed rushers still give him fits.

Maybe our line will be something like this:

Wheeler-Pugh-Draft Ohio St C Billy Price-Fluker-Flowers (final year of rookie contract-pick up 5th year option if he shows improvement and dedication to team)

Backups: Jones, Bisnowaty

we shoukd definitely look at free agent G Norwell (Panthers) and C Jensen (Ravens).

What was show today is that even with leas athletic players, hard working and determined players trump them every time. It was night and day improvement today, which is encouraging

Comment

Working...
                              X