Chad Wheeler. LT of The Future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

We still need an OT, to come in and push Wheeler, Flowers and Biz.
    I've heard a lot about O-lines needing time to gel, and that notion seems to make sense for a unit. Yet, it seems this O-line looks best when personnel are moved in and out, and by position if possible. Doesn't seem right, but I suppose a lot of that has to do with competition for the starting job.
    But if they stay with Manning, how does he feel assured of consistent protection and good communication?

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
      Wheeler and Biz were not ready coming out of training camp. The team took a great approach to their development. Flowers, not so much. If only Beatty never got hurt.
      Had Beatty not gotten hurt the Flowers pick might look very different. I'm surprised... but not surprised that so many people don't remember that he was never drafted to play LT when they're bashing him.
      It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisSmith33 View Post

Had Beatty not gotten hurt the Flowers pick might look very different. I'm surprised... but not surprised that so many people don't remember that he was never drafted to play LT when they're bashing him.
        Not only not drafted for LT but put there as a 20 year old. He was super young coming out of college.

I like the way Wheeler and Biz play. There is some potential in both. I think we need to move forward looking for 5 starters from free agency and the draft though. If we get 5 that is great, if we fall short hopefully one of these guys can fill in.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Not only not drafted for LT but put there as a 20 year old. He was super young coming out of college.

I like the way Wheeler and Biz play. There is some potential in both. I think we need to move forward looking for 5 starters from free agency and the draft though. If we get 5 that is great, if we fall short hopefully one of these guys can fill in.
          I agree. I'd like to keep all three of them around as backups and let them continue to work on their game if possible. If the Giants can get higher quality starters and develop these guys, the OL situation will look a lot better.
          It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Get a good OT in FA and get one in the draft, and let them compete with Bisnowaty and Wheeler. Bisnowaty can also play Guard.

Have Fluker and Flowers at Guard and Jones at C, and I think you have the makings of a solid O-Line.

Wheeler showed promise, we need to see more, but he showed promise.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
              LT is a position Flowers should never get to see again. There were probably 2-3 guys better than him to start this season and the arrogant GM and HC get trotting this scrub out there because he was a first round pick.
              Amen to this. Don't care much what they do with flowers, as long as it's not LT.

Comment

Reese did make one final mistake. He should have drafted wheeler and signed biz as an udfa

Long Live the King

Comment

Good depth/capable spot starter at the very least IMO. One of the knocks on him was his strength coming out of USC so a full offseason in an NFL weight and workout program should do wonders for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                    Good depth/capable spot starter at the very least IMO. One of the knocks on him was his strength coming out of USC so a full offseason in an NFL weight and workout program should do wonders for him.
                    Technique is harder to master than lifting weight. Of course, you can't teach size.....which is why I hope flowers can play guard. He is a monster
                    Long Live the King

Comment

I hope 1 of the top OTs fall to the 2nd and we can draft Tyrell Crosby, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey or Orlando Brown to give some competition at camp.

Not sure if wheeler is the answer at LT, he looked good and other than off the field stuff was goin to be a higher pick, but it was only 1 game

Bis looks like he also has talent but has a longer road to starting

Cant just up and cut Flowers, hes on the last year of his rookie deal. Lets just hope he can play either RT or OG, cause while he was progressing he doesnt seem to be the answer at LT
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Let him compete for RT and if he doesnít get the job then he can be a back up. Do not pick up 5 th year option and if he shows any BS attitude, fine, suspend, and cut.
                        100% agree
                        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post

100% agree
                          The more I am reading about him as a teammate the more I am leaning towards cut outright. The guy cannot play and worse he is a bad teammate. He is not a part of his OL group and that to me is a cardinal sin for an OL. It explains why he hasnít improved in the slightest.

If there is any truth to what was written about him as a teammate, not going to OL events and spending time with WRa instead then I believe this would be a case of addition by subtraction. Cap hit be damned. He isnít worth the money he will earn whether he is on the team or not

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I'd like to see how Flowers looks on the right side, guard or RT
                            IMO Flowers doesn't have the quickness in his feet to play either tackle positions...

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

The more I am reading about him as a teammate the more I am leaning towards cut outright. The guy cannot play and worse he is a bad teammate. He is not a part of his OL group and that to me is a cardinal sin for an OL. It explains why he hasnít improved in the slightest.

If there is any truth to what was written about him as a teammate, not going to OL events and spending time with WRa instead then I believe this would be a case of addition by subtraction. Cap hit be damned. He isnít worth the money he will earn whether he is on the team or not
                              I agree. He was another supposed mauler beast for us......... We need to be done with these Reese failing experiments

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                                The Giants don't have a quality OT on the roster. Trade the #2 pick for multiple picks and rebuild this rancid OL.
                                This. They don't even compliment each other, nor act an a unite come gameday. They look horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X