Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spagnuolo wanted one Giants keepsake, so he asked a photographer

https://nypost.com/2017/12/31/spagnu...-photographer/

Excerpt: "Steve Spagnuolo apologized for arriving a little late to his postgame press conference Sunday. As he explained: “It takes a long time to hug 80 some odd people — coaches and players — but it really felt good.”

No one complained. Spagnuolo deserved the extended celebration of the Giants’ 18-10 win over the Redskins in the regular-season finale for both teams. It made Spagnuolo 1-3 as the Giants interim head coach, a job he inherited after Ben McAdoo was fired in early December.

General manager Dave Gettleman said Spagnuolo will be considered among the candidates for the Giants head coaching vacancy, but it would be a surprise if he got the job, considering he was part of this 3-13 disaster as the team’s defensive coordinator.

That probably is why Spagnuolo spent so much time in the locker room, thanking everyone for a game that, he said, “felt like Giants football.” It was a long time coming.

“Congratulate all the people involved,” Spagnuolo said. “I appreciate them tremendously. We’ve been chasing the feeling of being in an NFL winning locker room. It feels so special, all the work you put into it, and it’s a week-by-week thing. The work you put in during the week is demanding. Our players, our coaches, they go through a lot. Prior to that, it hadn’t been great. But this feels good, and I think the organization can carry this into the next season.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I rea;lly like Spags, he's a good man, just don't want him coaching my team. Hopefully he catches on with another team. Same for the other coaches, except maybe Tom Quinn. He shouldn't even be allowed to coach his kids pop warner team for crying out loud!!

Comment

It was good to watch the giants winning.
      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Spags is a good dude, he’s just not a good coach. I wish him well, but even he sees the writing on the wall!
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Man, I loved Spag's blitz schemes in our super bowl run. I just feel like he was hampered by our roster to do what he wanted. I voiced my opinion on why the Giants shouldn't have resigned JPP before they resigned him, but we are sort of stuck with him now. Our DEs aren't getting a lot of pressure on QBs like I know Spags wants. It is possible to salvage the lack of DE pressure by getting some sort of linebacker stud. Our defense was at its peak of nasty when Spags was our defensive coordinator. I'll never forget the beating we gave the Patriots.

Comment

I really like Spags too, and think most Giants fans do...As DC yes but not as HC. I wish him well

Comment

I like Spags, but with our current team, it's best we go with a guy with a proven defensive system. Spags has had a lot of bad defenses
              Long Live the King

Comment

Good man, wish him the best.

Comment

Spags will make it somewhere as a head coach. He will be another Belichick.

Comment

Man, how can you not root for Spags.
                    IF this was his last game with the Giants, it was at least a W.

Thanks for everything, Coach, Godspeed.
                    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Love the dude ... if the new coach wants him as dc I wouldn’t be mad

Comment

I wouldn't hate it if Spags stayed as the DC. But i doubt that will happen.

Comment

Same feelings as the rest of you. Dude is awesome, don't want him as the HC though. I really feel like they need to just bring in some fresh blood and really start this thing from scratch. Now if they keep his as a DC I'll be pretty happy with that. If we bring in a defensive HC, which appears to be the course, then we will have to say bye to spags.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
                            Love the dude ... if the new coach wants him as dc I wouldn’t be mad
                            I also have no problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                              I like Spags, but with our current team, it's best we go with a guy with a proven defensive system. Spags has had a lot of bad defenses
                              He's had a few bad seasons, and a few great seasons. I think he's pretty much as proven as they come.

Comment

Working...
                              X