Pugh and Richburg need to be let go.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    Never understood the Richburg love. Never saw a center get so consistently blown into his QBs lap.

The OL play improved when he left.

Hard to make a case for paying him like a top center
    I always had this idea that Reese had his PR machine or simply friends in the media who advanced narratives that were favorable to him and deflected away from the OL. 2 examples

1. Somewhere two years ago, someone got ahold of some stat which was repeated over and over that Pugh and Richburg were top 5 players at their positions in the NFL. Anyone with trained eyes knew that was BS.

2. This past off season, Hart and Flowers killing it in the weight room, with the yoga instructor etc were ready to take their rightful place in the NFL as top OL.

Continuity is overrated, we proved that over the past 3 years.
    If Pugh stays on the cheap, OK but I can live with blowing it up and re-booting. We will be better next year regardless.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Id give Pepe La Pugh a firm offer of $7mill per, lined with incentives. We can probably find her s replacement with his comp pick if he signs elsewhere
      Long Live the King

Comment

That works towards the 2019 draft dont it or does ot factor in towards this year's draft

Comment

Let Richburg walk.

I'd try to keep Pugh but wouldn't come close to breaking the bank for him, and make sure the deal has some sort provision where its easy to get out of the contract if he keeps ending up hurt. I personally think he walks because he gets more money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

You want to get rid of Eli and keep Pugh and Richburg? Funny.
            Because Eli's been making poor decisions for years and hasn't improve his play. Many O-linemen are not that great. Look at the Egals game without Carson Wenz. Also many want Eli gone because they want the best qb in this year's draft.

Comment

I think you could think about keeping Pugh, he's pretty good and I think he'd benefit from better players around him. Although I DO think he is one of those finesse players. My worry is that they pay Pugh decently ( I would not over pay, as I think he is overrated) and then the team gets in the mindset that they have to play him based off of his pay opposed to a truly open competition in camp where the best players start on the offensive line. Nearly every single o-line configuration we saw this season was significantly better than the original starting offensive line and that really says a lot about the coaching (McAdoo) and front office.

We all knew that the same nucleus of starters held over from 2014 were a serious issue and were not performing at a competitive level, but apparently some people were way too stubborn and or loyal to make the changes.
              Last edited by nick030567; 01-01-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

1 year deals and trade them. Value please.

Comment

long as players don't cost too much, team should keep.

Comment

I wouldn't take back richburg at all he got out played by backups and he rearly plays. Pugh id keep on something short term 3yr max heavily back loaded, and most of the first year or 2 based on how many snaps he actually plays. That way if he never plays we're out if he gets out played next year we're out.
                    Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Ya... just go to OL.com and order up some new, cheap, all-pro linemen... easy... OK?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                        Id make ONE fair offer to Pugh but Im not getting caught in any bidding wars over him. Richburg can go.
                        I'm right with you. Perhaps franchise Pugh for a year and he would be a temporary fix in the rebuilding of the OL. This way even if he is overpaid we get the money back on the cap the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post
                          Eh, why would the players agree to that?

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post
                            Their agents aren't totally stupid.

Comment

I think if Pugh had been put in at LT from day one, he'd be a fixture on this team right now. Few people seem to get that he was an exceptional LT at Syracuse and was perfectly capable of playing the position in the pros. He never really got he chance; which hasn't exactly worked out for the Giants. He will find a home; but right now we can fill a guard spot from the draft and another through FA. I just don't see the Giants paying him big money with his new found back issues. Richbergh shouldn't even be on thier radar, even at back-up money. There's better back-up centers out there.

Comment

Pugh stinks pun intended but kudos to him for trying to play through back pain for the sake of the team

Comment

Working...
                                X