Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anyone else Listening To Eli's Interview on WFAN right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anyone else Listening To Eli's Interview on WFAN right now?

Sure sounds like Eli Is on board to be on this team next year! You can make a case that he already one upped his brother with two SB MVP's and Peyton basically Dilfer'd It in the SB IN Denver,

I got a completely opposite take on the interview. Ha.
    He's not going to be here unless he knows for certain that he's starting, and he has no obligation to mentor anyone, or even think about it.

It was his hesitation when asked whether it was more important to play, or to play for the Giants. Clearly to me it was more important for him to play, and if it did happen to be for The Giants under the right circumstances, "that would good".

Also, just want to stress how insanely competitive Eli is. I am certain of this.
    Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

How many people are cut out to be a mentor, or for that matter, want to be?

Comment

He basically said he doesn't want to be here if he's not the starter. He won't mentor. You can tell he hemmed and hawed and said I have to talk to Gettleman. This guy won't relinquish the reigns. So if we draft a QB and in week 10 we say we want to see the kid , Eli is going to cause all kinds of drama and all you Eli lovers are gonna pi$$ and whine and cry and say Eli isn't being treated right. Ok...he has every right to want to play. So go somewhere else. I've had it. I want a QB for the next 15 years , not the next 2. Think long term!!

Comment

this is uncharted territory for Eli. His comfort zone is gone. It is what it is. Boomer Esiason was talking about the whole mentoring thing and he feels most successful NFL QBs who are trying to keep their "long in the tooth" careers going dont want to do this as a general rule.
          any want Eli t be this good guy and do it. Maybe he will but he may not really put that much effort into it.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Hasn't he been mentoring Webb? Even when he got benched he was talking football with Webb during breakfast? Eli is about sharing adlnd teaching but who doesn't prefer to keep going as long as you can. This year Eli clearly felt that he could get the job done but the team was falling apart around him. If he's not producing and is the problem I'm sure he will understand that it is time to hang them up.

Comment

I thought Eli offered to work with Webb but McAdoo said it's not his job, and I believe I read somewhere Eli and Webb met often to talk. This Eli drama is fast becoming a never-ending soap opera. The oft season draft n the preseason will determine Eli's long or short term fate.

Comment

The Giants would be better served rebuilding from the bottom up for the long haul rather then try to build around Eli for the very short term.
                Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                  This year Eli clearly felt that he could get the job done but the team was falling apart around him.
                  Right, and deep down he knows he can get it done at an "extremely" high level.

“"I feel like I can make the throws, and if you get the right guys around, that I can be very effective and play at an extremely high level.”"
                  https://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...ing-1.15744932

I don't remember the last time I heard him this aggressive.
                  Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                    He basically said he doesn't want to be here if he's not the starter. He won't mentor. You can tell he hemmed and hawed and said I have to talk to Gettleman. This guy won't relinquish the reigns. So if we draft a QB and in week 10 we say we want to see the kid , Eli is going to cause all kinds of drama and all you Eli lovers are gonna pi$$ and whine and cry and say Eli isn't being treated right. Ok...he has every right to want to play. So go somewhere else. I've had it. I want a QB for the next 15 years , not the next 2. Think long term!!
                    I am what folks like you call an Eli lover. I am actually a Giants lover. I want the quarterback that gives us the best chance to win to start. This year, that has been Eli Manning.

If the following happens:

1. We draft Rosen, Darnold, or Allen with the #2 pick
                    2. Rosen/Darnold/Allen develops well throughout camp, the preseason, and regular season practices
                    3. Eli Manning does not perform well throughout the first nine weeks of the season
                    4. By week 10, Rosen/Darnold/Allen has developed to the point that he - not Eli Manning - gives us the best chance to win

THEN...you will not hear a peep out of me if they decide to start Rosen/Darnold/Allen.

Not a peep.

Comment

Originally posted by STAR View Post
                      How many people are cut out to be a mentor, or for that matter, want to be?
                      I'm just curious if the media will call him selfish or not.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                        Exactly! He wants to play regardless and just doesn't seem like a guy that would take a pay cut.

Comment

Look if he doesn’t want to mentor then I say we get rid of him. Can he still play in this league? Definitely but I don’t think the giants have the right team for him to win with right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I am what folks like you call an Eli lover. I am actually a Giants lover. I want the quarterback that gives us the best chance to win to start. This year, that has been Eli Manning.

If the following happens:

1. We draft Rosen, Darnold, or Allen with the #2 pick
                            2. Rosen/Darnold/Allen develops well throughout camp, the preseason, and regular season practices
                            3. Eli Manning does not perform well throughout the first nine weeks of the season
                            4. By week 10, Rosen/Darnold/Allen has developed to the point that he - not Eli Manning - gives us the best chance to win

THEN...you will not hear a peep out of me if they decide to start Rosen/Darnold/Allen.

Not a peep.
                            Anyone drafting Darnold deserves to lose their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post

Right, and deep down he knows he can get it done at an "extremely" high level.

“"I feel like I can make the throws, and if you get the right guys around, that I can be very effective and play at an extremely high level.”"
                              https://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...ing-1.15744932

I don't remember the last time I heard him this aggressive.
                              I wasn't aware of this article, I just wrote what I would have felt if I was in Eli's shoes.

I wonder if he will ever come out and blame Reese for his problems drafting a decent oline in front of him

Comment

Working...
                              X