Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anyone else Listening To Eli's Interview on WFAN right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    The best way to approach the Eli situation is to sit down and talk with him, he already knows the deal, the giants needs to look foward, he's got at best another season or two...He's made it clear he wants to play and thats fine. The giants needs somebody for the future, so I guess you sit down talk to him and tell him, you're a starter going into next season, but just know we may be drafting a QB early in the draft and if at some point things aren't working out just know, theres a possibility the kid may get a chance to get some reps in real time games. Eli's either cool with that or not..
    This right here is what should happen. If he is fine with it then good. If not then we part ways. I respect the hell out of Eli but the team has to start looking to the future

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
      When you guys say you've seen these qb prospects and you're not impressed what exactly aren't you impressed with? What is it about Eli that you feel is so great? I really want to know becaus I'm missing it. I'll grant you Darnold and Rosen aren't the next Elway and Marino but those are generational QBs. Darnold and Rosen are very comparable to Wentz and Goff. Is that not good enough?
      No actually Webb is the most like Goff. Some Cal fans have said they think he could be an even better pro. They are excited to be able to claim yet another rising star. So everyone who watched Webb and the draft gurus all agree Webb has a big arm, decent mobility, throws well on the run, sees the field, makes all the throws, has won everywhere he's been, is an absolute student of the game, is called coachable by all that have worked with him, has prototype size,and with the world watching at the senior bowl he excelled. The ONLY thing I can come up with is he hasn't taken many snaps from center. SERIOUSLY? We are going to write him off as a possible successor because of THAT?

Unfortunately for Webb(and to a lesser extent Geno) they came aboard in the middle of a very passive-aggressive power struggle over not only the QB position, but the entire way the team would operate. Tons of blame to go around, but it certainly had a lot to do with how Webb got handled.
      Unless the Giants power players can all come to an agreement on a QB prospect they ALL feel very confident in, it may be much wiser to give this kid a real chance to show his stuff. After all, someone saw something in him with the Giants, and we are told they draft by committee.

Comment

There is no such thing as an NFL QB who “wants to mentor” . That’s gotta be one of the dumber things I’m reading people spewing around here lately. It doesn’t exist. These are professional competitors.

Now if some mentoring happens to occur as the byproduct of a QB competing and/or doing his job then that’s another matter. I would never expect Eli to sign up for a mentoring job and nobody else with half a brain would either. Nobody gives a QB a mentoring job. You either let them compete for the starting roll or you make them a backup right off the bat. You want him competing and trying to keep himself in the lineup.

the right thing is to do whatever he next coach wants with the QB. I believe you keep Eli and let him win or lose the job fair and square. Make the rookie earn it and in the meantime they learn by watching and being the teammate of Eli. No shenanigans just good old competition. Eli will win the job early and he can work his butt off to keep it. If the rookie surpasses him then you bench Eli. Treat him like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post
          Eli being the starter and mentoring a new Qb is totally Different then benching him and expecting him to be a mentor . Not many competitive athletes can do that .
          And you dont pay a guy 20 mil to sit on the bench and "mentor". If the plan is for the young QB to come in and start right away, then there is no reason to keep Eli here. Cut him, save whatever cap money you can. You can pay another vet a quarter of that money to sit on the bench and teach good habits.
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Anyone drafting Darnold deserves to lose their job.
            Then strike "Darnold" everywhere I typed it. It doesn't matter. We have the #2 pick, so...we're GUARANTEED to have the opportunity to draft either Rosen or Allen.
            Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 01-02-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Exactly! He wants to play regardless and just doesn't seem like a guy that would take a pay cut.
              And he has every right not to take a pay cut. Doesnt make him selfish one bit if that's what you were implying.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                The Giants would be better served rebuilding from the bottom up for the long haul rather then try to build around Eli for the very short term.
                It doesn't matter what ever they do for the TEAM, will benefit who ever plays QB for them,don't get this build around Eli thing what ever he needs a rookie or webb is gonna need protection #1 run game #2 thats all QBs best friend,if Eli doesn't mind a QB completion why not let him work with the young guys and help them out seems like he was helping Webb and Geno.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post

And you dont pay a guy 20 mil to sit on the bench and "mentor". If the plan is for the young QB to come in and start right away, then there is no reason to keep Eli here. Cut him, save whatever cap money you can. You can pay another vet a quarter of that money to sit on the bench and teach good habits.
                  I’m pretty confident Eli will be the starter next year so I wouldn’t get rid of your Manning jersey yet . They are not cutting him . Yeah maybe we can keep geno and he can show the new guy how to do press conferences and sound like a true professional

Comment

When you guys say you've seen these qb prospects and you're not impressed what exactly aren't you impressed with? What is it about Eli that you feel is so great? I really want to know becaus I'm missing it. I'll grant you Darnold and Rosen aren't the next Elway and Marino but those are generational QBs. Darnold and Rosen are very comparable to Wentz and Goff. Is that not good enough?
                    Some on here want a money-back guarantee attached to any quarterback we draft at #2. Of course, you and I both know that NO player in the draft comes with a money-back guarantee, but for - some reason - this seems to be a requirement at the quarterback position for some here.

I happen to remember many people saying that the 2016 quarterback class was overrated. Jared Goff was all hype and Carson Wentz was going to choke when he had to face non-FCS defenses. So much for that!

Sometimes you just gotta pays yer money and takes yer chances.

Comment

He basically said he doesn't want to be here if he's not the starter. He won't mentor. You can tell he hemmed and hawed and said I have to talk to Gettleman. This guy won't relinquish the reigns. So if we draft a QB and in week 10 we say we want to see the kid , Eli is going to cause all kinds of drama and all you Eli lovers are gonna pi$$ and whine and cry and say Eli isn't being treated right. Ok...he has every right to want to play. So go somewhere else. I've had it. I want a QB for the next 15 years , not the next 2. Think long term!!
                      dawg... Tell him to hit the bricks pal , you are OUT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

Unfortunately for Webb(and to a lesser extent Geno) they came aboard in the middle of a very passive-aggressive power struggle over not only the QB position, but the entire way the team would operate.
                        Webb ought to be appreciative that the "passive-aggressive" Giants drafted him, 'cuz...nobody else seemed particularly interested in him.

Comment

To Lake O Giant fan. Webb was taken in round 3. Darnold and Rosen are projected for top of round 1. A recent article on Big Blue View had scouts saying Webb would go in round 3 this year as well. Webb also got beaten out at Texas Tech by Mahommes and transferred to Cal. I'm writing him off based on the facts presented to me. He couldn't get on the field this year. What does that tell you? And God knows I've been screaming for weeks to get him some action, but that's a whole other story by this inept coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I am what folks like you call an Eli lover. I am actually a Giants lover. I want the quarterback that gives us the best chance to win to start. This year, that has been Eli Manning.
                            Do you really believe that after a 3-13 season? We'll never know for sure if Eli gave us the best chance to win because he refused to compete with Geno and Webb for his job. There was no drop off with Geno Smith starting and Geno is supposedly a bum who can't play. Geno got rave reviews from Gilbride and staff at Pro Football Focus..he may have gotten the highest QB score of the year for the Giants.

I used to be called an Eli homer on these boards. Always defended the guy when very few else would. I'm just tired of not making the playoffs year after year and people always have excuses for Manning.
                            I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Webb ought to be appreciative that the "passive-aggressive" Giants drafted him, 'cuz...nobody else seemed particularly interested in him.
                              Manning is a Diva...Webb should have been playing...The cry baby did not want o be showed up by a rookie!!!

Comment

Eli needs an Oline. Eli needs a running game. Eli needs wr who hold onto the ball. Eli needs a stout defense.

Well yeah but if we had all that couldn't anybody be decent?

I think the Eli lovers are blind. I also think most of the people here branded as "Eli haters" are not actually haters. How can you hate a guy who has won 2 SB. The facts also state that in recent years the team is not winning. I'm just not sure why it's a crime to want to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X