Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Gettleman disagrees with you.

Run the ball, stop the run, rush the passer. That's the way he wants to build the team and I love it.
    So when did he say he's going to look at the film to evaluate the HB's? He sure mentioned the QB and Mara did send Reese to Cali to scout QB's didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

I see Darren Sproles not Barkley.
      so long as the offense scores points.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

So when did he say he's going to look at the film to evaluate the HB's? He sure mentioned the QB and Mara did send Reese to Cali to scout QB's didn't he?
        Do you not believe he is going to look and evaluate film at every position??? Of course he is going to look at Eli's season. This does not mean he is going to take a QB there. And Reese and Ross are gone, so Gettleman will conduct his own evaluations on the QBs in this class.

Comment

A generational talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg

Comment

His break away speed is insane. We all must admit. he looks like he is running and the guys chasing him are walking.... It is very impressive. I wonder what his 40 time and 3 cone will be. I'd bet he is similar to Christian McCaffrey and OBJ, possibly better. The combine could make him the number one overall if cleveland decides not to take a QB.

compare to Penny though>>>> not too shabby, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HqRF3INqY

watching them side by side though, one has to admit barkely looks a step beyond..... yep.
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-03-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

so long as the offense scores points.
              Yes I agree that the offense need to score points.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

His break away speed is insane. We all must admit
                He is also incredibly elusive, has great hands, and can pass block. He doesn't take a lot of big hits at 5'11" 230, and has a stout lower body that will help with durability.

Comment

The two runs that always remind of how ridiculous he is, are the USC run and the td run against temple. He has eyes in the back of his head! His vision and feet set him apart from everyone else.

Comment

Gives you goosebumps thinking of an offense with him, Odell and Engram. The OL will be upgraded so not worrying about getting one round 1.

Comment

He is also incredibly elusive, has great hands, and can pass block. He doesn't take a lot of big hits at 5'11" 230, and has a stout lower body that will help with durability.
                      i would not be upset by the pick in the least. Dude is special. My only thought is if they want mayfield or rosen or think trading down provides more value. I don't think i'd be upset by any decision to be honest. All have their pros and cons.
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-03-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Barkley is a stud. Anybody who doesn't see it doesn't get it. How did Dallas play with/without Zeke? Barkley will have that kind of impact.
                        No one is saying he's not. What I'm saying is that the 2nd pick is way too high for any RB, especially with our problems up front, combined with the fact that we need a QB.
                        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Gives you goosebumps thinking of an offense with him, Odell and Engram. The OL will be upgraded so not worrying about getting one round 1.
                          And we finally have a GM who can evaluate OL talent. Gettleman took RT Daryl Williams in the 4th and OG Trai Turner in the 3rd and both are quality OL early in their careers. I would love LT Nate Solder in free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No one is saying he's not. What I'm saying is that the 2nd pick is way too high for any RB, especially with our problems up front, combined with the fact that we need a QB.
                            Zeke was picked 4th overall. Do you think the Cowboys regret taking a RB that high? Generational talent doesn't grow on trees.

Comment

Those highlights are insane
                              Last edited by TrueBlue15; 01-03-2018, 04:03 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

that's such BS. Faulk was Colt until he changed teams. Davis took forever, Dillion wasn't near the best back in the league and Lynch was a Bill. Want to say OJ Anderson was the best too? How about Barry Sanders & Tomlinson? Oh, we just can't miss out on the great Adrian Petersen. That Reggie Bush is the best. Heck, I remember the Spiller Posse. Have to get him.

You don't need the best back, it's been proven. QB, DL, OL.
                                Youre wrong. Dillon was one of if not the best back when he won with the Pats. Who was better than Faulk from 99 to 01?? Davis?? You mean the same Davis that carried Elway and the Broncos to back to back titles along with being NFL MVP??

Bad comparison comparing OJ Anderson to Terrell Davis, Faulk or even Dillon. You asked who were the best HB that won the SuperBowl and I named 4 solid rbs that were the best at that time and that includes Beastmode who was definitely one of the best hb in 2013.
                                Last edited by jay051; 01-03-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X