Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

And as I replied earlier to tdawg

"And we finally have a GM who can evaluate OL talent. Gettleman took RT Daryl Williams in the 4th and OG Trai Turner in the 3rd and both are quality OL early in their careers. I would love LT Nate Solder in free agency."
    This I agree on. And there are plenty of terrific OG prospects in this draft that can be had on day 2 and even some OTs like Rankin and Brian O'Neill who might be just as good as the top guys like Williams and Brown.

Comment

You are a guy who looks at box scores and wins/losses, then forms an opinion of a player's value at #2. That is ridiculous. You obviously didn't watch any tape of Barkely when you blurted out "he has no wiggle". Dumbest thing in this thread.
      I watched Sparty neutralize him. That I remember very clearly because the game took all day.
      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

Oh, I think teams will offer at least two #1 picks to trade up for this Generational talent. Greatest player ever
        Thats a decision the Giants will have to make. Neither choice will be the wrong one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I watched Sparty neutralize him. That I remember very clearly because the game took all day.
          So guys have an off game or two where they are the complete focus of the defense and that makes him a lesser player?

Comment

Did Gurley and Elliott have great games every game this year? No. It's a team game. Keep looking at box scores and wins/losses to evaluate talent.

Comment

We have to get OFF the Barkley train here.
              Taking a RB at #2 is insanity. RB's are not at the kind of premium that other positions are.
              look at this past year's draft.
              In RD 1 we saw Fournette and MCcaffrey go in RD 1....Nice players.
              But who are the best RB's in that draft?

Kareem Hunt....Rd 3
              Alvin Komara....Rd 3
              Dalvin Cook.... Rd 2

And if you are thinking there were some misses in between?...forget it. the only other back was Mixon and HE looks like a stud as well.

Hunt and Komara were HUGE impact players on those teams. They were had in RD 3. Cook may be the best of all of them but he got hurt early so we will see.
              Barckley seems like a nice player but THAT position is not worthy on the 2nd pick in the draft. That is friggin crazy. I suppose if we trade down and get him AND a QB we like it makes more sense but even then...it makes little sense to me.

Plus look at our team. I can see them featuring Gallman and then either drafting or acquiring a speed guy to compliment him. THAT makes more sense for us and doesn't use up a top pick.
              Mixon would have been a high first round pick if not for his off the field issues.

Comment

Did Gurley and Elliott have great games every game this year? No. It's a team game. Keep looking at box scores and wins/losses to evaluate talent.
                Pretty sure they would have run through the Rutgers defense with little difficulty though.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Thats a decision the Giants will have to make. Neither choice will be the wrong one.
                  nevermind those who know otherwise, he's worth even more picks. I'd hold out for five #1 picks and place my order for Madden football today

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Mixon would have been a high first round pick if not for his off the field issues.
                    if you believe that it makes my point. Mixon looks like a good player but is he the player Hunt or Kamara are? I would say no.
                    The guys taken in RD 3 were the two best backs of that draft.

Comment

This I agree on. And there are plenty of terrific OG prospects in this draft that can be had on day 2 and even some OTs like Rankin and Brian O'Neill who might be just as good as the top guys like Williams and Brown.
                      all the Ots in this class are supposedly better than the ones in the last draft. To give some perspective...if you believe the hype, bolles, rancyzk, robinson are average dudes compared to this years Tackles... besides brown, williams, o neill and rankin, tyrell crosby and desmond harrison are both guys being mocked in round 1 and 2 also. potentially could be a stellar OT class. not to mention chuke okorafor and jamarco jones and kolton miller, ad martez ivey, who i'm not sold on but others seem to be. Brandon parker and toby weathersby and cole madison can be had later also it seems. Glad gettlemen is choosing!
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-03-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure they would have run through the Rutgers defense with little difficulty though.
                        You are sure of nothing.

So who had good enough box scores and win/losses to be picked at #2? Can't wait to hear this one.

Quick, go check the win/losses before posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

all the Ots in this class are supposedly better than the ones in the last draft. To give some perspective...if you believe the hype, bolles, rancyzk, robinson are average dudes compared to this years Tackles... besides brown, williams, o neill and rankin, tyrell crosby and desmond harrison are both guys being mocked in round 1 and 2 also. potentially could be a stellar OT class. not to mention chuke okorafor and jamarco jones and kolton miller, ad martez ivey, who i'm not sold on but others seem to be. Brandon parker and toby weathersby and cole madison can be had later also it seems. Glad gettlemen is choosing!
                          This is exactly why I would take the best player in Saquon. I think him and one of the OTs you mentioned below or paired with a Will Hrenandez or Billy Price are a better combo than say McGlinchey and Rashaad Penny. And I really like Penny.

Comment

Just an FYI in 2015 Zeke had 12 carries for 33 yards vs Michigan State and in 2014 had 65 yards vs Illinois.

Comment

This is exactly why I would take the best player in Saquon. I think him and one of the OTs you mentioned below or paired with a Will Hrenandez or Billy Price are a better combo than say McGlinchey and Rashaad Penny. And I really like Penny.
                              I hear ya man. I really do. Saquon is very special. The only reasons i'm not 100% agreeing with you, is they may take a QB Or because gettleman may believe rb is not as valuable a position as Left Tackle or Pass rusher. He could surprise e1 & select chubb. I don't know how good chubb is at his position compared to how good barkely is at his position, but i do know NFL GMs value those positions more than RB. What is the best plan to score the most points and prevent the most points from being scored on your team? We'll see if Gettleman thinks that translates to drafting a generational RB or not.

Like I said, i would not be upset by the pick. I would actually be very excited by the pick. i would be more upset if they take a LT because he has long arms. If they take Barkely i really hope they take two Right Tackles who can run block and not some left tackle who is fat with long arms. ya know?
                              Mcglinchey is a Right Tackle i think. I actually think tyrell crosby and desmond harrison could be the sleeper guys to target after round 1, but it's so hard to tell with Tackles if they can translate to blocking stronger faster NFl defenders. Glad gettlemen is deciding and not me! f we target will hernandez in round 2 we miss some very good alternatives like jaire alexander or calvin ridley or whomever drops..... then aht tackle is left in round 3? it's a bit of a crapshoot if you don't trade down on getting a good Tackle perhaps.
                              Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-03-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

His break away speed is insane. We all must admit. he looks like he is running and the guys chasing him are walking.... It is very impressive. I wonder what his 40 time and 3 cone will be. I'd bet he is similar to Christian McCaffrey and OBJ, possibly better. The combine could make him the number one overall if cleveland decides not to take a QB.

compare to Penny though>>>> not too shabby, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HqRF3INqY

watching them side by side though, one has to admit barkely looks a step beyond..... yep.
                                He's fast and very elusive. Looks like a very good RB. Still dont want to take an RB at #2.

And I couldn't help but watch those clips and see how bad college Ds are at tackling.

Comment

Working...
                                X