The argument for taking Saquon at 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Pretty sure they would have run through the Rutgers defense with little difficulty though.
    Barkley did
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8eoj-H14A

Did you check out Barkley's stats the previous two years against the same teams or just this year?

Just because an offense is predictable doesn't mean the rb can't run. He still produces when defenses stack up to stop him. You also notice when he is neutralized the passing game isn't. I pretty sure McSorley is happy all eyes are on Barkley.
    edit: wrong link. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srLFiI3fBlI
    Last edited by blu_buddha; 01-03-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

if you believe that it makes my point. Mixon looks like a good player but is he the player Hunt or Kamara are? I would say no.
      The guys taken in RD 3 were the two best backs of that draft.
      They are in different circumstances, the bengals are disfunctional on offense they did fire the oc. The chiefs and saints have arguably the best play callers in the game. They know how to put players in position to succeed. Also the saints have a high first rounder at rb in Ingram.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Just an FYI in 2015 Zeke had 12 carries for 33 yards vs Michigan State and in 2014 had 65 yards vs Illinois.
        That's because Sparty is awesome!!!
        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

He's fast and very elusive. Looks like a very good RB. Still dont want to take an RB at #2.

And I couldn't help but watch those clips and see how bad college Ds are at tackling.
          Or how big those college holes are to run through.

Comment

• Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

Barkley did
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8eoj-H14A

Did you check out Barkley's stats the previous two years against the same teams or just this year?

Just because an offense is predictable doesn't mean the rb can't run. He still produces when defenses stack up to stop him. You also notice when he is neutralized the passing game isn't. I pretty sure McSorley is happy all eyes are on Barkley.
            edit: wrong link. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srLFiI3fBlI
            OK...Let me just make this clear....The Rutgers comment was a JOKE. It really wasn't necessary to post a link to the kids productivity last year vs. Rutgers.
            I'm sure he'll be a fine pro. Just not worth the 2nd pick in the draft to us, given our situation.

1. Our need for QB
            2..Our poor O line.

You guys do crack me up and I hope none of you ever change...

Comment

We have to get OFF the Barkley train here.
              Taking a RB at #2 is insanity. RB's are not at the kind of premium that other positions are.
              look at this past year's draft.
              In RD 1 we saw Fournette and MCcaffrey go in RD 1....Nice players.
              But who are the best RB's in that draft?

Kareem Hunt....Rd 3
              Alvin Komara....Rd 3
              Dalvin Cook.... Rd 2

And if you are thinking there were some misses in between?...forget it. the only other back was Mixon and HE looks like a stud as well.

Hunt and Komara were HUGE impact players on those teams. They were had in RD 3. Cook may be the best of all of them but he got hurt early so we will see.
              Barckley seems like a nice player but THAT position is not worthy on the 2nd pick in the draft. That is friggin crazy. I suppose if we trade down and get him AND a QB we like it makes more sense but even then...it makes little sense to me.

Plus look at our team. I can see them featuring Gallman and then either drafting or acquiring a speed guy to compliment him. THAT makes more sense for us and doesn't use up a top pick.
              Ronald Jones from USC looks like another Alvin Kamara/Jamaal Charles type of back. Would love to get him in the 2nd. Iím also a big fan of Josh Adams from ND, Damien Harris from Bama, Chubb and Michel from Georgia, Guice from LSU. None of them are as good as Barkley but they are all great backs Iíd gladly take instead of spending #2 on Barkley.

Comment

• He is too inconsistent for a #2
                Last edited by TEM; 01-04-2018, 06:14 AM.
                Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post
                  Barkley is projected to be better than Zeke and GURLEY. We would have a star RB and WR looked in for years....if I'm the GM I'm taking Barkley...hes a good humble kid and has no of the field issues...all they need to is get some O-linemen in free agency and we can get linemen in the later rounds also.
                  He should not even be in the same sentence as Elliot or Gurley

Just compare their numbers in their final year in college

Barkley should not even be in the 1st round let alone the 2nd pick

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...1/gamelog/2017

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...1/gamelog/2015

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ley-1/gamelog/
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

• As I said in other threads, now that Darnold and Rosen have declared, I donít see any scenario where the Giants take Barkley at 2. They either take a QB at 2 (most likely) or trade the pick for a Kingís ransom.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      As I said in other threads, now that Darnold and Rosen have declared, I donít see any scenario where the Giants take Barkley at 2. They either take a QB at 2 (most likely) or trade the pick for a Kingís ransom.
                      I agree, now that Darnold and Rosen are both in, we are either taking one of them or trading back so Saquon will most likely not be an option.

Comment

Or how big those college holes are to run through.
                        I thought the highlight reel would have been better with the Benny Hill music in the background

Comment

We have to get OFF the Barkley train here.
                          Taking a RB at #2 is insanity. RB's are not at the kind of premium that other positions are.
                          look at this past year's draft.
                          In RD 1 we saw Fournette and MCcaffrey go in RD 1....Nice players.
                          But who are the best RB's in that draft?

Kareem Hunt....Rd 3
                          Alvin Komara....Rd 3
                          Dalvin Cook.... Rd 2

And if you are thinking there were some misses in between?...forget it. the only other back was Mixon and HE looks like a stud as well.

Hunt and Komara were HUGE impact players on those teams. They were had in RD 3. Cook may be the best of all of them but he got hurt early so we will see.
                          Barckley seems like a nice player but THAT position is not worthy on the 2nd pick in the draft. That is friggin crazy. I suppose if we trade down and get him AND a QB we like it makes more sense but even then...it makes little sense to me.

Plus look at our team. I can see them featuring Gallman and then either drafting or acquiring a speed guy to compliment him. THAT makes more sense for us and doesn't use up a top pick.
                          No more getting off of trains for me! Last time I did, was Xmas eve..... I tripped over a cement barrier near Rockefeller Center, fell on my face and sprained my wrist!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Serious question now.
                            Iíve been saying that Gettleman will pick Barkley, because thatís my gut feeling. Iím no stranger to being wrong.
                            WITH THE SECOND PICK IN THE 2018 DRAFT......THE NEW YORK GIANTS SELECT WHOM?
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              Serious question now.
                              Iíve been saying that Gettleman will pick Barkley, because thatís my gut feeling. Iím no stranger to being wrong.
                              http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...rly-prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                                Serious question now.
                                I would be fine with Barkley. But if I had to guess right now it would be Josh Rosen.

Comment

Working...
                                X