Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landon Collins blames an entire unit for Giants’ disaster

https://nypost.com/2018/01/03/landon...ants-disaster/

Excerpt: "Landon Collins didn’t go as far as calling anybody a cancer in his latest ESPN interview, but the Giants safety did throw his offensive line under the bus and offered a curious decision as to whom he’d take with the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft.

Asked about Eli Manning’s play this year on “First Take” on Wednesday morning, Collins said it wasn’t up to his standard but quickly had a reason for that.

“He’s not playing up to the level I used to watch him play when I used to watch him on TV and stuff like that,” Collins said. “I will say, he needs the line. When Eli has time, everybody sees it, when he has time in the pocket he can make a defense pay big time. That’s what he needs in front of him.”

The Giants offensive line already has been under fire of late with Bobby Hart getting cut before the season finale and Ereck Flowers being inactive in Week 17 because of concerns about their attitudes.

But while Collins called for reinforcements on the line, he opted to go elsewhere when asked whom he’d pick at No. 2 in April’s draft.

“I would say probably get some help at wide receiver,” Collins said. “Get Odell [Beckham], Brandon Marshall and Sterling [Shepard] some [help], get Eli some different options. I want a lot of people catching it.”

Collins reiterated his opinion that the Giants don’t need to draft a quarterback after previously telling The Post that Davis Webb could be their future signal caller.

“I don’t think we need another quarterback,” Collins said. “We have Eli, we have Davis Webb, we have Geno [Smith]. That’s three dynamic quarterbacks. We haven’t seen Davis Webb play yet, but he can definitely get the job done. But Eli, I would say, is our quarterback. He just needs more protection.”

Collins started off his appearance on the show rehashing his saga with Eli Apple, stating he didn’t mean to call the cornerback a cancer publicly but, “If you cross me, I’m gonna shoot back.”" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/01/03/landon...ants-disaster/

Excerpt: "Landon Collins didn’t go as far as calling anybody a cancer in his latest ESPN interview, but the Giants safety did throw his offensive line under the bus and offered a curious decision as to whom he’d take with the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft.

Asked about Eli Manning’s play this year on “First Take” on Wednesday morning, Collins said it wasn’t up to his standard but quickly had a reason for that.

“He’s not playing up to the level I used to watch him play when I used to watch him on TV and stuff like that,” Collins said. “I will say, he needs the line. When Eli has time, everybody sees it, when he has time in the pocket he can make a defense pay big time. That’s what he needs in front of him.”

The Giants offensive line already has been under fire of late with Bobby Hart getting cut before the season finale and Ereck Flowers being inactive in Week 17 because of concerns about their attitudes.

But while Collins called for reinforcements on the line, he opted to go elsewhere when asked whom he’d pick at No. 2 in April’s draft.

“I would say probably get some help at wide receiver,” Collins said. “Get Odell [Beckham], Brandon Marshall and Sterling [Shepard] some [help], get Eli some different options. I want a lot of people catching it.”

Collins reiterated his opinion that the Giants don’t need to draft a quarterback after previously telling The Post that Davis Webb could be their future signal caller.

“I don’t think we need another quarterback,” Collins said. “We have Eli, we have Davis Webb, we have Geno [Smith]. That’s three dynamic quarterbacks. We haven’t seen Davis Webb play yet, but he can definitely get the job done. But Eli, I would say, is our quarterback. He just needs more protection.”

Collins started off his appearance on the show rehashing his saga with Eli Apple, stating he didn’t mean to call the cornerback a cancer publicly but, “If you cross me, I’m gonna shoot back.”" Read more...
    Receiver with the #2 pick? I don't see GM in Landon Collins' future.

Comment

Hold up we all get it about what happen with the line and wr's,kool what about that defense though,they werent what anyone would call shut down.Cudos for going at Apple but he needs to start checking them fingers pointing back at himself when he starts pointing the fingerat others.The oline stunk but that defense didnt strike fear in no one's heart themselves

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
        Hold up we all get it about what happen with the line and wr's,kool what about that defense though,they werent what anyone would call shut down.Cudos for going at Apple but he needs to start checking them fingers pointing back at himself when he starts pointing the fingerat others.The oline stunk but that defense didnt strike fear in no one's heart themselves
        He was probably including himself when he said it was the whole teams' fault.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
          A number of players have said Webb has "it".

Comment

I think its time for Collins to lay back a bit.
            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

lol Odell, Shepard, and Marshall (and Engram) are not enough? The Giants aren't exactly a pass happy 5-wide offensive team.

He had some reasonable comments about the offense that we already know. What are Landon Collin's feelings and comments about the defense that he's actually a part of? More specifically the worst second half defense in the NFL?

Comment

I do not remember ever hearing that before--especially from defensive players who hate seeing their offense go 3 and out. I don't think it would be said flippantly.
                The Giants in the past have had confidence in Rutledge, Hostetler, and Carr--but I do not ever remember a backup/understudy being described as having "it".

To me, that means much more than draft pundits--and even then some of them had him going in round 1.

Comment

He called Apple a “cancer” I wonder what he would call the offensive line, Ebola?

Comment

He's another one that needs to keep his dam mouth shut. I am sick of these players sounding like idiots. OV, JPP, Apple, and now Collins, all in the last few weeks. I hope the next coach is a hardass and doesn't allow media spots. Go study film, lift weights, and stay out of the media.

Comment

I would assume "a number of players" refers to a number of VETS that want an immediate impact player, and have no interest in a rookie qb who probably wont see the field for two years and have zero interest in the long term success of the team? I don't blame them. If I was on the team I would want the best immediate impact player, pray the front office can bolster the line, and shoot for the playoffs.

Comment

I'm not convinced that QB is the way to go either......but a ****ing WR??? If we're not getting a QB, we better damn well be getting Barkley. Another WR is just white noise.
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Where did cornerback30 say anything about Webb?

Do you dream about Davis Webb at night?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

To me, that means much more than draft pundits--and even then some of them had him going in round 1.
                            Any draft pundit that had a late-third round pick going in the first round should have his punditing privileges revoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I think its time for Collins to lay back a bit.
                              I think that's very good advice my friend.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X