I know it's Jordan Raanan...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post

I am impressed with JRs survival skills because TC and JR both needed to go together
    I won't argue with Tom had run his course here so he needed to go as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
      IDEALLY

we keep Jones at Center, resign Fluker, and draft Will Hernandez in the 3rd, or maybe trade down and pick up Quenton Nelson (cant lie, id even be OK with him at #2)..... hell maybe even draft Frank Ragnow in the 4th and he can play OG and C. See whos the better Center between Ragnow and Jones, then the loser can play OG.

IMO Jones really deserves a chance to start aain, wether its at OG or C

AS to our boquet of disappointment, Ereck Flowers, i think it should be open competition at LT this year between Flowers, Wheeler, and someone we drafted like hopefully Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby, Connor Williams, or Mike McGlinchey.

i dont think Pugh is gonna resign, so winner gets LT, 2nd place gets RT. At least at RT you get beat the qb can see the pressure
      The strength is definitely the interior linemen in this draft. I would love to get Price or Hernandez with our second round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post

I never thought of that. I bet you're right. Great point.
        I don't begrudge him that.
        He should do what is best for him and his family.
        Our front office needs to be smart enough to see through that.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
          I think itís more to Mara didnít have the stones to fire both of them the same year. This season I think Mara was forced to make a move. All the scapegoats are long gone, the last remaining domino was Reese. And thankfully he was ousted.

I am not sure that the GM or HC jobs here are the plums that they are reported to be. I know this is NY and it is a storied franchise but..
          We have an owner who hires the HC around the GM.....yeah I know the GM provides input but the owner hires and fires the HC.
          Then the HC hires the assistant coaches........I know the GM provides input but.
          It is not set up like any real organization that I know of.

It is run more like a family deli than a dynamic corporation imo.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Flowers needs to stay on the bench. Nothing with this guy has changed. He was never a good football player to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              JPP's cap hit if we cut him would be $23MM.
              We would literally have to cut half our starters to stay under the cap. It would completely ruin us.

It doesn't take "guts" to cut JPP. It would take an act of lunacy.
              I think the answer with JPP is maybe to make him a rotational player. The guy has played way too many snaps (Spagnuolo really never seemed to do the rotating thing that he did back in Ď07). Are we ever going to get our moneyís worth from that contract? Highly doubtful. But Iím sure they can recoup something. We need changes to our pass rush and JPP can contribute something Iím sure. But it appears maybe just plunking him out there on every down and distance is not serving the Giants well

Comment

its over, its done... Time to move on
                That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

The strength is definitely the interior linemen in this draft. I would love to get Price or Hernandez with our second round pick.
                  A few good scenarios involving interior OL would be...

Trade down and take Nelson
                  take Price or Hernandez in the 2nd or 3rd
                  Ragnow in the 4th
                  Cody O'Connell, Cole Madison, or Wyatt Teller in the 6th

BUNCH of intriguing interior OL this draft.... Unfortunately there arent any valuable OTs after the 2nd round
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post

What question could you possibly ask the giants this year that WONT **** them off?

"Hey I see you won 3 games tell me what went right in those wins?"

"Well you got three 3 sacks but the qb had 400 yards and 4 TDs are you happy about the sacks?"
                    I don't think I singled out his stupid questions this year (though there were many).....he's been an *** for a few years now.....even when they were 11-5.....

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I would move on from him. Keep him as a depth player.. Let him walk after next season when his contract is up. We need 2 Tackles that do not need TE help.
                      Oh yes after next year we could move on I was talking about 2018 season. But in all honesty I don't see how he's not our LT next year. Between the draft and FA I'm hoping we get at least a real good RT. As far as I know Solder the LT from N.E. is the only FA I know of. You'd have to overpay for him, and who knows the Pats could franchise him.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Oh yes after next year we could move on I was talking about 2018 season. But in all honesty I don't see how he's not our LT next year. Between the draft and FA I'm hoping we get at least a real good RT. As far as I know Solder the LT from N.E. is the only FA I know of. You'd have to overpay for him, and who knows the Pats could franchise him.
                        I agree. I would love to get solder.
                        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

"I feel like we had a lot of off-the-field stuff going on that didn't need to be there, and it created some kind of, I don't know, it just wasn't a together team like it was two years ago," wide receiver Sterling Shepard said."

Gee, what changed two years ago?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            There was something else at play with Richburg. Managmemt probably felt that Jones waa doing a better job and didn't want to put Richburg on the bench. But that's stupid, what if Jones had gotten hurt?

The smart thing would have been going week to week but they just out him on IR. Didn't make sense, every one thought it was some sever concussion, but it was Reese and McDoofus playing politics.
                            Absolutely. Thatís shady ****

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                              IDEALLY

we keep Jones at Center, resign Fluker, and draft Will Hernandez in the 3rd, or maybe trade down and pick up Quenton Nelson (cant lie, id even be OK with him at #2)..... hell maybe even draft Frank Ragnow in the 4th and he can play OG and C. See whos the better Center between Ragnow and Jones, then the loser can play OG.

IMO Jones really deserves a chance to start aain, wether its at OG or C

AS to our boquet of disappointment, Ereck Flowers, i think it should be open competition at LT this year between Flowers, Wheeler, and someone we drafted like hopefully Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby, Connor Williams, or Mike McGlinchey.

i dont think Pugh is gonna resign, so winner gets LT, 2nd place gets RT. At least at RT you get beat the qb can see the pressure
                              J

A qb 1st round then 6 offensive lineman
                              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Let me point out the obvious: Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart are young black guys and they feel uncomfortable being around older (more mature) white men. I bet they can't relate to Eli, Richburg, Pugh, etc. They don't feel like they fit in I bet. He probably has trouble trying to communicate with all of these smart and articulate veterans, meanwhile Flowers just wants to pick his nose and eat his bugers in the corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X