Name your ideal HC, starting QB, backup QB and first round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name your ideal HC, starting QB, backup QB and first round pick

Lots of combinations to go with. Here's mine (with rationales).

Head coach: Matt Patricia. My reasons for this are pure evil. Honestly, I don't know if he's any good. I just want to take him away from the Patriots because I like when Pats fans get their mad face going. Plus, he probably knows a thing or two from working with Bill for so long.

Starting QB: Eli. Eli at 80% is still better than most QBs in this league. We know how good he is with a solid offensive line. I am optimistic (perhaps overly) that Gettleman can build that for him. It'll be his farewell tour.

Backup QB: Webb. Get him with the second-team, get him in some pre-season games and lets see what he can do. I don't understand drafting another QB when we still don't know what we've got in Webb.

First round pick: Saquon Barkley. This guy is too incredible to pass on. I know Oline is a bigger need, but this guys is just too good.

I bELIeve in February 3, 2019.

Head Coach: Matt Patricia. I am leaning this way because I like his intelligence and work ethic. Don't know if he can be the CEO type envisioned by Gettleman though ....

Starting QB: Eli ... keeping the seat warm for the new QB.

Backup QB: Darnold/Webb.

First Round Pick: Sam Darnold. Seems like the perfect fir. Only 20 years old, so could use a year of seasoning behind Eli. Has the physical talent, maturity, leadership and work ethic you want in a QB. Just seems like a Giants type of QB....

Comment

John Fox, Eli, Webb, Barkley

Comment

HC: Matt Patricia. I feel like hes the future, wether if its with us or another team, he is gonna be a HC somewhere.....And gotta love a guy who looks like an average joe out there with his shorts and backwards fitted hat, lol

Starting QB: Eli, i feel that hes still got something left in the tank. And he can show his replacement a thing or 2 before leavig

Backup QB: Agree with you 100% on Webb. We dont know what we have in him, why rush to get Elis backup, when he might already be on the roster

1st round pick: if we stay at 2nd overall, there are a few guys i would be cool with..... (in no order)
        - Saquon Barkley
        - Quenton Nelson
        - Baker Mayfield

if we trade down between 5th and 10th
        - Roquan Smith
        - Bradley Chubb
        - Minkah Fitzpatrick
        - Lamar Jackson
        - Derwin James

if we trade down past 10tn
        - Connor Williams
        - Mike McGlinchey
        - Orlando Brown
        - Tyrell Crosby
        - Tavarus McFadden
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I want a barkley jersey, I want to say "Saquon Barkley ran it down your throat again, eh?" to my friends.
          I just want to say, "Saquon Barkley" over and over because the name just rolls off the tongue the way great athlete's seem to be named so awesomely.
          ...and then we can pickup all the linemen and linebackers Gettlemen can find throughout the draft and free agency, etc etc as he stated.
          Just say it.... "Saquon Barkley" ahhh love it....

him and gallman for years to come....

either a patriots coordinator for head coach, or Steve Wilks, wilks seems to have the no nonsense, energetic demeanor we need

im fine with ole Eli for another year, though im also sorta anxious to just get the next generation rolling. but i feel like i wana see what eli does now that hes been challenged for the first time in his career. id love an epic comeback where he leads the giants to his third superbowl and we all celebrate in glory...a guy can dream.

Im NOT a fan of the qb's in this draft, i just dont get a good vibe from any of them, and i like the kid we have, i think webb being slowly groomed over a couple years is just fine, he may not end up to be the greatest qb in the league, but i have a hunch he'll be a great giants qb, a phil simms-ish qb, not too fancy but gets the job done. hes kinda a dork, like eli, and i like him lol

1st round pick... I love saying this name... "Saquon Barkley"
          Last edited by JediGiant; 01-04-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Providence View Post
            Lots of combinations to go with. Here's mine (with rationales).

Head coach: Matt Patricia. My reasons for this are pure evil. Honestly, I don't know if he's any good. I just want to take him away from the Patriots because I like when Pats fans get their mad face going. Plus, he probably knows a thing or two from working with Bill for so long.

Starting QB: Eli. Eli at 80% is still better than most QBs in this league. We know how good he is with a solid offensive line. I am optimistic (perhaps overly) that Gettleman can build that for him. It'll be his farewell tour.

Backup QB: Webb. Get him with the second-team, get him in some pre-season games and lets see what he can do. I don't understand drafting another QB when we still don't know what we've got in Webb.

First round pick: Saquon Barkley. This guy is too incredible to pass on. I know Oline is a bigger need, but this guys is just too good.
            Hard to argue any point, although if they go Eli unless he wins the trophy it will be the final season. The money situation is going to be an issue, its a mess and tough decisions will have to be made.
            As for the Pats fans whining if we grab either coordinator--TOUGH--BB is from the Giants tree. His confidence was built with the Giants and Parcells.
            Patricia may get the nod. It would be nice to have a guy who doesn't go all GQ on us after 1 good season. Can a coach accept a binding offer for a job before his teams season is over? I think MP interviews this week. Now I would want to know if he's a disciplinarian, because in NE BB plays the bad guy in the "good guy, bad guy" routine that works very well. We cannot have chaos and unruly behavior any longer.

Comment

Im pulling for Patricia as well.

I think we roll with Eli and get Webb up to speed. Their has to be a reason he has been on the hush hush for all this time. If we played him then we just let everyone see our cards going into this draft! I like that we are going into this draft and no one knows what we truly have with Webb and if we go QB or RB.

Smart move is to pick up Barkley, I feel if we miss out on him this kid is gonna be great! We already screwed that up once before with passing on Gurely!

Pass on the question mark QBs of this draft and take the #1 Rb we can Atleast start him next year instead of picking a QB and watching our first Rd pick ride the pine. We need help now not in two years!

I also rather not see the team move down in the draft unless some team throws a couple draft picks at us for this year! I think we can fix the Oline in the 3rd round and later rounds plus free agency.

I also want to add wtf happened to Gruden? All that talk from fellow board members wanting Gruden to be our Hc. And he ends up going to the raiders. I wonder if Mara even make a phone call to Gruden or what? I thought Gruden even made comments about coaching for the Giants? What gives?
              Last edited by IBleedblue2323; 01-04-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
                I want a barkley jersey, I want to say "Saquon Barkley ran it down your throat again, eh?" to my friends.
                I just want to say, "Saquon Barkley" over and over because the name just rolls off the tongue the way great athlete's seem to be named so awesomely.
                ...and then we can pickup all the linemen and linebackers Gettlemen can find throughout the draft and free agency, etc etc as he stated.
                Just say it.... "Saquon Barkley" ahhh love it....

him and gallman for years to come....

either a patriots coordinator for head coach, or Steve Wilks, wilks seems to have the no nonsense, energetic demeanor we need

im fine with ole Eli for another year, though im also sorta anxious to just get the next generation rolling. but i feel like i wana see what eli does now that hes been challenged for the first time in his career. id love an epic comeback where he leads the giants to his third superbowl and we all celebrate in glory...a guy can dream.

Im NOT a fan of the qb's in this draft, i just dont get a good vibe from any of them, and i like the kid we have, i think webb being slowly groomed over a couple years is just fine, he may not end up to be the greatest qb in the league, but i have a hunch he'll be a great giants qb, a phil simms-ish qb, not too fancy but gets the job done. hes kinda a dork, like eli, and i like him lol

1st round pick... I love saying this name... "Saquon Barkley"
                I am beginning to warm up rapidly to Barkley. There are many talented kids out there, but he looks like a great kid with his head on straight--who could be a team leader.
                I completely agree on Webb. All the behind the scenes stuff. You have obviously read up on him. Tireless worker. He's been watching film since the 3rd grade. He has been a team Captain at 2 schools. Did not pout when he was replaced due to injury, he continued to perform the tasks of a Captain and team leader. He is very demanding of team mates--yet well liked. Both Mike Mayock and Peter King felt he was a 1st round talent.
                Anyone who wants to have some additional info just google "Davis Webb, draft analysis". To have him liked and respected by veteran players on the Giants says a lot. I just hope he gets a fair shot.

Comment

HC Harbaugh, Eli, Rosen / Webb , Josh Rosen draft pick

Comment

HC: Josh McDaniels.

Starting QB: Eli Manning.

Backup QB: Sam Darnold & Davis Webb .

1st Rounder: Sam Darnold. (Please, please, please!!)

Comment

I also feel the Giants know the Eli era is soon coming to a end

They are in search for Elis replacement, they want that franchise QB of the future. I see them going with a QB with the first pick just to make sure if Webb doesn't pan out they have there bases covered!

I'd like to see them get a dynamic rb with the first pick since we need a one two punch like we had with Bradshaw and Jacobs, we no longer have that.

But picking 2 in the draft does not come around often, no way they trade down for more picks

Comment

HC: McDaniels

Starting QB: Josh Rosen

Backup QB: Webb

1st rounder: Rosen

Comment

If we are keeping Eli...

QB: Davis Webb
                          Backup QB: Eli
                          First round pick: Saquon Barkley

If we are getting rid of Eli...

QB: Davis Webb/Josh Allen
                          Backup QB: Davis Webb/Josh Allen
                          First round pick: Josh Allen

Comment

First thing the Giants said is they want a HC with Head Coaching experience. Patricia hasn't been a HC.

Restructure Eli and Trade him (maybe to Denver for a #2 pick. Sam Bradford was worth a #1)

QB: Rosen/Darnold or Davis Webb
                            Backup QB: Smith (or another Vet has to come in)
                            First round pick: Rosen or Darnold

Last edited by NYSPORTS; 01-04-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

HC: Josh McDaniels (But Harbaugh if he wanted the job)
                              QB: Baker Mayfield
                              Backup QB: Davis Webb
                              First Round pick: Baker Mayfield
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X