Name your ideal HC, starting QB, backup QB and first round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I seem to remember Moses was an undrafted FA, but then released.
    No, Moses is a solid RB. When he comes out the back field, the lineman part and create giant holes. He's also good in the locker room, because he knows how to follow the coaches commandments.

Long Live the King

Comment

• Iíll chime in:

HC: Patricia, just like the Ďsmartsí that he would bring, plus has knowledge on both sides
      QB: Eli, until proven heís finished
      Backup: Webb
      Draft: trade down and load up on extra picks, Reach is gone, so feel comfortable that Gettleman canít draft the right players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

No, Moses is a solid RB. When he comes out the back field, the lineman part and create giant holes. He's also good in the locker room, because he knows how to follow the coaches commandments.

LOL - I have prayed that before death closed my eyes, I would behold this deliverer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

and he can part defenses like the Red Sea!!

Comment

• Originally posted by STAR View Post

That was big news this morning, I found it odd that they would let Garopolo leave, it "seems" that Bill was very much against it.
            JG will be a FA after this season and would want big money. NE gives almost no player huge money. Certainly not a back up QB
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

If he doesn't take a QB, he has to trade back. We don't have the luxury of taking a RB at 2 when we have so many holes to fill.
              I agree.

Comment

• Head coach Patricia
                Starter ELi I hate it but one year stop gap
                Backup Webb/rosen
                1st pick Rosen.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

JG will be a FA after this season and would want big money. NE gives almost no player huge money. Certainly not a back up QB
                  JG may well deserve the big money, I believe the 49ers will pay him. I think Bill had his Brady 2.0 in Garropolo, problem is, Brady 1.0 doesn't age like the rest of us.

Comment

• HC: Patricia or Wilks (Defensive Minded Head Coach Please!) Seems like the Lions want one of them also, so the Giants better MOVE!
                    Starting QB: Eli Manning
                    Back Up: Webb/2nd or middle round pick
                    First Round: Bradley Chubb or Saquon Barkley (Instant Impact Player)

Comment

• This Saquan Barkley thing is so damn out of hand. Yes, he is a great talent and will have a good career. But in what universe do people think it's a good idea for a rebuilding team in its first year of a rebuild to pick a HB when that position is by far the shortest career of all positions. We have no OL, no future
                      QB a lackluster pass rush and people think our problems are solved by a HB?

Let's use this thing called evidence shall we? Some of you name teams like the Rams and Dallas... What exactly are we looking at? Teams that lose the first round in the playoffs? Where are these top drafted RBs on superbowl winning teams?

Top 10 RBS have NEVER been the reason for a teams championship. You build a championship team in layers. It starts in the trenches (where we are currently weakest). Then expands to the franchise QB and his weapons.

-Do we have a OL? No...
                      -Do we have a championship quality pass rush? No...​​​
                      -Do we have our PROVEN qb of the future on our roster? No...
                      -Are you on fkn drugs thinking a RB will miraculously turn a 2-14 team into a a superbowl contender? Yes!

Welcome to 2018 where RBs aren't worth a top 10 pick. Not because they aren't important. Not because they aren't good players. It's because of positional value and the fact that a RB is not in the Top 5 things of what a team needs to become a superbowl contender.

Instead of some of you bringing up teams like the Jags, Rams and Dallas who take top RBs and haven't won a championship in a very long time, how about you start thinking of your own damn football team who won 2 superbowls against the strongest franchise in NFL history that wasn't built with a star RB.

It's like you guys play so much video games and fantasy football that you have no critical thinking skills of what it actually takes to win rings in this league. Not once in the history of this game has a successful HC said "The key to winning superbowls is drafting top 10 RBs.".

You know what coaches say in reality? Trenches, QBs and defenses win championships. The history, evidence and facts have proven this time and time again.

Barkley is a great talent. But he is not the answer for the next NYG superbowl.
                      Last edited by AGiantDynasty; 01-10-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                        This Saquan Barkley thing is so damn out of hand. Yes, he is a great talent and will have a good career. But in what universe do people think it's a good idea for a rebuilding team in its first year of a rebuild to pick a HB when that position is by far the shortest career of all positions. We have no OL, no future

Let's use this thing called evidence shall we? Some of you name teams like the Rams and Dallas... What exactly are we looking at? Teams that lose the first round in the playoffs? Where are these top drafted RBs on superbowl winning teams?

Top 10 RBS have NEVER been the reason for a teams championship. You build a championship team in layers. It starts in the trenches (where we are currently weakest). Then expands to the franchise QB and his weapons.

-Do we have a OL? No...
                        -Are you on fkn drugs thinking a RB will miraculously turn a 2-14 team into a a superbowl contender? Yes!

Welcome to 2018 where RBs aren't worth a top 10 pick. Not because they aren't important. Not because they aren't good players. It's because of positional value and the fact that a RB is not in the Top 5 things of what a team needs to become a superbowl contender.

Instead of some of you bringing up teams like the Jags, Rams and Dallas who take top RBs and haven't won a championship in a very long time, how about you start thinking of your own damn football team who won 2 superbowls against the strongest franchise in NFL history that wasn't built with a star RB.

It's like you guys play so much video games and fantasy football that you have no critical thinking skills of what it actually takes to win rings in this league. Not once in the history of this game has a successful HC said "The key to winning superbowls is drafting top 10 RBs.".

You know what coaches say in reality? Trenches, QBs and defenses win championships. The history, evidence and facts have proven this time and time again.

Well, it's hard not to agree. However, I think I can see another side. If the Giants really believe that he's the next Marshall Faulk, you put him on a team with ODB, Sheppard and Engram, and the Giants might have the best young group of skill positions in the NFL. Remember, the first pick of the draft is not the only move they will be making this year and over the next few years. There's other picks in this year's and future year's drafts and free agency. Plus, times might be changing on the QB front. It's not easy, but there are other ways to get QB's then using a high draft pick.

Comment

• HC: Matt Patricia

QB: Eli Manning (I just want him to get us through 2 more years and then we draft Tua Tagovailoa.
                          Backup QB: Webb / Mayfield if we have to draft someone cause that would also mean we traded back a bit.
                          1st round pick: I hope we trade but I want us to land the best OT we can. As good as Barkley is, I think we need to upgrade too much in other areas. ALSO, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb and Kerryon Johnson are badass and could all be 2nd round options.
                          2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                          Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                          Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                          Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
                          Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                          Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                          Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

• HC Patricia or Wilks, no preference, just want a D coach
                            QB Manning/Webb
                            Pick Trade down get some extra picks and take Mayfield or Allen. Not the California QBs

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                              This Saquan Barkley thing is so damn out of hand. Yes, he is a great talent and will have a good career. But in what universe do people think it's a good idea for a rebuilding team in its first year of a rebuild to pick a HB when that position is by far the shortest career of all positions. We have no OL, no future

-Do we have a OL? No...

TOTALLY agree. I do think a powerhouse running back helps open up some other offensive weapons we have, but you put a guy like Kerryon Johnson or Sony Michel behind a better OL and you'll probably have more success than Barkley behind our current OL... plus an improved passing game. Like I said last year with Engram... yeah, he'll probably have big numbers, but another receiver isn't going to help this team get any more wins and not addressing the OL is going to mean a lot more losses. I don't doubt Barkley could come in and put up good numbers, but we're not gonna win more games (well, we can't really lose much more than we did but you get the point)
                              2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                              Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                              Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                              Rd 4: Kareem Hunt (Toledo, RB)
                              Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                              Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                              Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

If he doesn't take a QB, he has to trade back. We don't have the luxury of taking a RB at 2 when we have so many holes to fill.
                                I disagree. I think QB, trade back and BPA are all viable scenarios with the number two pick. Whether Barkley or someone else the main goal is to come away with an impact player(s) from round one. Nothing is a guarantee in the draft and of all scenarios trade back and QB are the riskiest. Biggest gambles.

Comment

Working...
                                X