Comment

Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
      HC: Pat Shumar
      QB: Sam Darnold
      Backup: Davis Webb
      Draft Pick: Sam Darnold
      YES !

Comment

[QUOTE=Providence;n3053521]Lots of combinations to go with. Here's mine (with rationales).

Head coach: Matt Patricia. My reasons for this are pure evil. Honestly, I don't know if he's any good. I just want to take him away from the Patriots because I like when Pats fans get their mad face going. Plus, he probably knows a thing or two from working with Bill for so long.

Starting QB: Eli. Eli at 80% is still better than most QBs in this league.

?????? ay ay ay

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post
          If we are keeping Eli...

HC: McDaniels
          QB: Davis Webb
          Backup QB: Eli
          First round pick: Saquon Barkley

If we are getting rid of Eli...

HC: McDaniels
          QB: Davis Webb/Josh Allen
          Backup QB: Davis Webb/Josh Allen
          First round pick: Josh Allen
          I like the way you broke it into 2 - if Eli stays or goes. By the time the draft comes along we will already know if Eli is on the team or not.

Comment

It's actually you who doesn't get it. That's ok though. You go be all you can be.
            lol - yeah ok. The bias love for a HB despite decades of data saying it's better to go otherwise. It's ok, when Barkley goes elsewhere you can still draft him on your fantasy team.

Comment

Let' see.. Allen has a stronger arm, a stronger body, way faster, moves far better in the pocket and out of the pocket...so just athletically speaking Allen is much better. Darnold is playing with way better players than Allen across the board. It's Wyoming vs USC. You cannot compare their outputs as there are so many dependencies and other factors. If Allen played for USC, he probably would've won the Heisman. If Darnold played for Wyoming, no one would have ever heard of him.

If you're going to point to individual games, then tell me about Allen's bowl game. Unreal. Throws darts on the run, deep balls, great throws into traffic. He is electric and has easily the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft. Darnold regressed this year after a good bowl game in the Rose Bowl over a year ago. QBs from USC enter the NFL and are awful. We cannot make the mistake of drafting him.
              Allen does not know how to play QB!!! Have you watched any game besides the bowl game? He takes ridiculous chances because he has such a good arm. He doesnt throw with any anticipation, which Darnold does with regularity. If you want tools and a guy who will sit for 2-3 years, Allen is your guy.

Darnold had a bad start to the year and picked it up towards the end of the year. He goes through progressions and makes just as many if not more plays on the run as Allen does.

"If Allen played for USC, he probably would've won the Heisman. If Darnold played for Wyoming, no one would have ever heard of him."

This is ridiculous. If Allen was good enough to play at USC, maybe he would have been recruited there. Josh Allen is fools gold. But sure if you want him, enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I like both, but I think Darnold goes 1 to Cleveland. I would be fine with both guys. But I mentioned I dont think we can draft a QB at 2 and keep Eli. Darnold I think may need a year so that puts us in the situation of possibly sitting Eli and I see that as a big problem for the new coach. Rosen will be ready to play day 1, and I like his fit in McDaniels offense.

I do think Darnold may have more long term upside however.
                I wonder who we take if both Darnold and Rosen are there. I think the Giants may lean towards Darnold in that case.

For some reason I dont think McDaniels will wind up here. It doesn't seem like a Gettlemen move. My guess is John Fox which makes me angry but it would be such a Giants/Mara move. You know that EA loves Fox despite his ineptitude.

Rosen is my QB1 so I would love him at #2 but I really dont know if Gettlemen is leaning towards taking a QB, maybe he doesn't even know at this point. I love Rosens accuracy more than anything, that and his ability to throw with anticipation (Darnold is also excellent in this regard). Id be happy with either.

Let us hope. As you and most around here probably know I dont think Eli's been good for awhile now.

Comment

Respectfully...you are the one ignoring the HB position. Look at teams like the Rams, Falcons, Steelers, Jaguars and Dallas. Consistent RB play that is helping them win football games. Look at what the Seahawks did when they had Marshawn. Consistent RB play and victories. You are the one ignoring its value. And yes I know Eli is old, that's why I said Webb should be the starter if we are keeping Eli. The Giants have only ever won the SB with great play coming from the running back position.
                  A good example would be Latavius Murray. The Raiders were a playoff team with him, basically a complete offense now they struggle running the ball and thier offense went downhill. On the other hand the Vikings are on of the hottest teams right now with him as the lead back. HBs do make a Difference just ask Brees, Rothlesberger or Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

lol - yeah ok. The bias love for a HB despite decades of data saying it's better to go otherwise. It's ok, when Barkley goes elsewhere you can still draft him on your fantasy team.
                    I don't have bias love for a running back. We don't have a need at QB if we already have two QBs on our roster who are capable of starting in the NFL. We call that a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I get that Webb was a 3rd rounder and we are picking at 2, and that generally you wouldnt let that 3rd rounder stop you from picking a QB. But that is only if you like one of the QBs you think are going to go at #2 better than what you have.

The bottom line is that Gettleman hasnt seen any of the QBs available in the draft play in the NFL either. So for the both the QBs in the draft and Webb, Gettleman has their college scouting and tape. With Webb, they also have had him on the practice field and in their building for a year. So they still know more about Webb than anyone in the draft.

So, if at the end of his evaluations Gettleman likes Webb better than what is available at #2, do you think the fact that he hasnt played this year will change his opinion? Especially when the reason he didnt play is because of a HC that just got fired?

Again, I just dont think the fact Webb didnt play this year is a big deal. The new GM is going to evaluate everything and do what he thinks is best.

Well, if the assessment that he was not ready to play is incorrect, then I don't think it matters. If Gettleman agrees with the assessment that he wasn't ready to play, then I think that it will matter in his evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

A good example would be Latavius Murray. The Raiders were a playoff team with him, basically a complete offense now they struggle running the ball and thier offense went downhill. On the other hand the Vikings are on of the hottest teams right now with him as the lead back. HBs do make a Difference just ask Brees, Rothlesberger or Brady.
                        I agree

Comment

HC Frank Reich
                          qb Eli
                          back up Webb
                          first round pick trade down and land a boat load of picks then take quintin nelson

Comment

I don't have bias love for a running back. We don't have a need at QB if we already have two QBs on our roster who are capable of starting in the NFL. We call that a waste.
                            We do? All I see is a 37 year old player at the down side of his career. And another player who has yet to play a snap of live football in regular season play.

That sounds eerily similar to going into last season with our offensive line. We have 5 lineman, no need to get an upgrade at the position. How did that turn out?

Comment

BS, the whole world knows the Giants need OL and you're obsessed with a HB. The rest of the world knows Eli is close to done and he's clearly not the QB he was. Nobody has any idea what Webb is and the guy only took 10 snaps from center in practice all year long. He's a 3rd Round pick for a reason. Banking on a 37 yr old and a 3rd Round pick is insane. Talk about thinking for the now with no realization that 1/3 of the league is looking or will be looking QB within 2/3 years.

Doesn't matter, the Giants are going QB and building the OL. HB's are always available, QB's are not.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

I wonder who we take if both Darnold and Rosen are there. I think the Giants may lean towards Darnold in that case.

For some reason I dont think McDaniels will wind up here. It doesn't seem like a Gettlemen move. My guess is John Fox which makes me angry but it would be such a Giants/Mara move. You know that EA loves Fox despite his ineptitude.

Rosen is my QB1 so I would love him at #2 but I really dont know if Gettlemen is leaning towards taking a QB, maybe he doesn't even know at this point. I love Rosens accuracy more than anything, that and his ability to throw with anticipation (Darnold is also excellent in this regard). Id be happy with either.

Let us hope. As you and most around here probably know I dont think Eli's been good for awhile now.
                                I think Rosen is the guy they want by just trying to connect the dots. I would be fine with either as well but I do believe Darnold would have to sit to start his career. Rosen is ready to play day 1. Obviously Darnold has more mobility and the ability to make plays outside the structure of the offense. Whereas Rosen is the best pure passer I have seen come out in a long time. Everything hes does in the pocket is perfect.Buys time by sliding and climbing the pocket and he throws a far better deep ball.

As far as the HC, I agree as I dont think it will be McDaniels. Fox would make me vomit as he is proven to be a guy who inhibits QB growth and just lives off that one trip to the SB. Schwartz would also really bother me as he has had a few shots at being a HC and failed each time. And his personality is not a fit for NY.

And I am in the same camp in regards to Eli as you. The situation needs to be almost perfect for him to be at his best and he no longer makes the players around him any better. I think a clean break would be best but especially if we draft a QB at 2. If he is here and we start out bad, he is going to be benched and I dont think he wants to be in that situation. I guess I can be on board with him there another year if we go Barkley at 2 or in a trade down, but I dont think thats ideal for either him or the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X