Eli Manning
    Sam Darnold
    Wilks

or

Eli
    Webb
    Wilks

Barkley draft pick
    Last edited by TE88; 01-08-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

McDaniels, Eli, Darnold

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

We do? All I see is a 37 year old player at the down side of his career. And another player who has yet to play a snap of live football in regular season play.

That sounds eerily similar to going into last season with our offensive line. We have 5 lineman, no need to get an upgrade at the position. How did that turn out?

+1

Yeah, we have 5 Offensive lineman, why get another? Maybe some think b/c Brady lasts until 40 yrs that Eli and everybody can.

Comment

Originally posted by Providence View Post

These are good point. I must admit that I want Webb to be the future. I want this mainly because I don't like the QB prospects this year, which is part of the reason I like Barkley so much too.
          Is it possible that one of the top 5 QB prospects is better than you give him credit for?

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

No, because I dont think Allen is any good, which would leave us with a choice between Darnold and Rosen.
            Wait, you just said you hope he lights up the Senior Bowl. How's he going to do that if isn't "any good"?

Comment

Originally posted by pjam84 View Post

If this was Wentz/Goff, I'd say you have to take the QB. But I'm not as high on these guys.
              A lot of people weren't high on Goff and Wentz when they were drafted. Those people are enjoying a tasty crow sandwich about now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

Hahaha....people on this board are hysterical.....everyone hating on Fox......Giants pedigree.....when he was with Carolina they won the division multiple times and went to the Super Bowl......oh yeah and then when he was with Denver they won the division EVERY YEAR he was there and went to the Super Bowl......not to mention they canned him after a 12-4 campaign......and he had to deal with Cutler on the Bears.....no one is winning with him......Bears run aside what more could you want?

Best of the veteran group by far.....and I think you gotta go veteran otherwise you run into another potential McAdoo situation.....
                Its not hate because I disagree with you. I just dont think Fox is a good fit for the Giants. You can"t set aside things on his resume'. Jobs don"t hire that way. lol " Yeah I'm a great employee, Just don"t call my last Boss. That guy is a jerk." ~ John Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Wait, you just said you hope he lights up the Senior Bowl. How's he going to do that if isn't "any good"?
                  Thus the word "hope". He is a guy who may look good in the televised practices and at the combine in shorts throwing to receivers that arent covered. Watch the tape, the guy is a complete project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Bronx, Now if you are going to say that about Josh Allen-- you must say Webb is good, as he "lit up" last years Senior bowl--with players he never played with before.
                    SO much emotion in these posts. My hope that Webb is the guy is strictly for the good of the NYG. That F-250 in the garage you got off the lot last year--maybe , just maybe, will be better in the long run than the newest turbo diesel model that just came out--AND you already own it!! for much less cost!

As for the part about why didn't Webb play in 2017--SERIOUSLY??? It was a power struggle, agenda driven season. Keep in mind, both Maras have say in the draft. Maybe they see a future team leader in Webb. They do listen to the scouts, after all, they are paid. As for him not taking a snap from center--NEITHER DID GOFF!!! He struggled his first year, and blossomed this year.
                    Josh Allen--yes raw, BUT he carried his team at times. He's a gritty type of guy who walked on. When he knew the scouts were watching and his future depended on it, he produced and made some fine throws and scrambles. If he had a turnover it was one. Darnold may have potential, seems like a fine guy, but when the world was watching he came up small. The ints and fumbles are concerning.

Mayfield is going to win somewhere, It may not be right away. His team will need to fashion the offense around him.

Rosen? PLEASE NO! Not liked by teammates, cocky, outspoken, and likes to go political with his social media. This could get ugly in the NYC market. Then to top it off he's fragile and his dedication to the game is questioned. He may throw a pretty ball and he may be smart, but theres red flags all over this guy. He says he wont play for the Browns? Well Josh Allen could be their pick. He may take some lumps but he would go there with bells on, ready to take some lumps.
                    Last edited by LakeO Giant fan; 01-04-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

Bronx, Now if you are going to say that about Josh Allen-- you must say Webb is good, as he "lit up" last years Senior bowl--with players he never played with before.
                      SO much emotion in these posts. My hope that Webb is the guy is strictly for the good of the NYG. That F-250 in the garage you got off the lot last year--maybe , just maybe, will be better in the long run than the newest turbo diesel model that just came out--AND you already own it!! for much less cost!

As for the part about why didn't Webb play in 2017--SERIOUSLY??? It was a power struggle, agenda driven season. Keep in mind, both Maras have say in the draft. Maybe they see a future team leader in Webb. They do listen to the scouts, after all, they are paid. As for him not taking a snap from center--NEITHER DID GOFF!!! He struggled his first year, and blossomed this year.
                      Josh Allen--yes raw, BUT he carried his team at times. He's a gritty type of guy who walked on. When he knew the scouts were watching and his future depended on it, he produced and made some fine throws and scrambles. If he had a turnover it was one. Darnold may have potential, seems like a fine guy, but when the world was watching he came up small. The ints and fumbles are concerning.

Mayfield is going to win somewhere, It may not be right away. His team will need to fashion the offense around him.

Rosen? PLEASE NO! Not liked by teammates, cocky, outspoken, and likes to go political with his social media. This could get ugly in the NYC market. Then to top it off he's fragile and his dedication to the game is questioned. He may throw a pretty ball and he may be smart, but theres red flags all over this guy. He says he wont play for the Browns? Well Josh Allen could be their pick. He may take some lumps but he would go there with bells on, ready to take some lumps.
                      The question you keep avoiding is...

If Webb "lit up last year's Senior Bowl", then why did every team in the league pass on him 2-3 times in April?

No team is passing on Allen more than once.

Comment

• And, I'll bet that no more than 5 teams pass on him at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

So we all just state our "wants", with no interaction or discussion?
                          Yeah you say who you would like to get and why. Like sharing your opinion on what direction your want the Giants to take and why.

Comment

• Head Coach: John Fassel - I'm not very aware who is in the head coaching market but John likely knows the Maras and his father led the Giants to a Super Bowl. He already has head coaching experience.

QB: Geno Smith - Got rave reviews from critics after his 1 start. Looked sharper, quicker, and more accurate than Eli. Only 27 years old. We have 3 QBs on the team drafted in the first 3 rounds. Do we need another?

BackupQB: Eli. It's clipboard time.

RB: Saquon Barkely - We're all still waiting on the combine but so far he's my pick.
                            I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
                              Head Coach: John Fassel - I'm not very aware who is in the head coaching market but John likely knows the Maras and his father led the Giants to a Super Bowl. He already has head coaching experience.

QB: Geno Smith - Got rave reviews from critics after his 1 start. Looked sharper, quicker, and more accurate than Eli. Only 27 years old. We have 3 QBs on the team drafted in the first 3 rounds. Do we need another?

BackupQB: Eli. It's clipboard time.

RB: Saquon Barkely - We're all still waiting on the combine but so far he's my pick.
                              Congrats your picks win contrarian of the year. If Fassel and Geno were picked I think actual heads would explode like in the movie Scanners.

Comment

• Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
                                I want a barkley jersey, I want to say "Saquon Barkley ran it down your throat again, eh?" to my friends.
                                I just want to say, "Saquon Barkley" over and over because the name just rolls off the tongue the way great athlete's seem to be named so awesomely.
                                ...and then we can pickup all the linemen and linebackers Gettlemen can find throughout the draft and free agency, etc etc as he stated.
                                Just say it.... "Saquon Barkley" ahhh love it....

him and gallman for years to come....

either a patriots coordinator for head coach, or Steve Wilks, wilks seems to have the no nonsense, energetic demeanor we need

im fine with ole Eli for another year, though im also sorta anxious to just get the next generation rolling. but i feel like i wana see what eli does now that hes been challenged for the first time in his career. id love an epic comeback where he leads the giants to his third superbowl and we all celebrate in glory...a guy can dream.

Im NOT a fan of the qb's in this draft, i just dont get a good vibe from any of them, and i like the kid we have, i think webb being slowly groomed over a couple years is just fine, he may not end up to be the greatest qb in the league, but i have a hunch he'll be a great giants qb, a phil simms-ish qb, not too fancy but gets the job done. hes kinda a dork, like eli, and i like him lol

1st round pick... I love saying this name... "Saquon Barkley"
                                Wilks reminds me a bit like Mike Tomlin and for the Giants that could be a good thing. I am not sure about the Pats assistance as I feel Big Bill runs much of the show on Defense and I think Brady is really there offense.

Eli to QB next year
                                Webb as back up.
                                First round: Would like to see us move down and nab an immediate starter, Nelson, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Chubb. Then turn around and move back up in the first round and grab another starter. When pick number two this pick needs to be like an all pro from the get go. I know everyone is saying QB. But we could wait and see what Webb has then go after someone like Fromm from Georgia down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X