Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

The question you keep avoiding is...

If Webb "lit up last year's Senior Bowl", then why did every team in the league pass on him 2-3 times in April?

No team is passing on Allen more than once.
    Well for starters, as several posters have already shown you, teams "get it wrong" 2/3rds of the time. Just like they passed Brady, Montana, Cousins, Wilson, Garrapolo, and O so many others. If I had to guess, I would say he was passed by teams looking more for the running aspect. That being said, Webb is not immobile. When guys like Peter King and Mayock compared him to Goff, they felt he was actually better in some areas and may need to work on his footwork. He actually led practices at both schools in the coaches absence. Can you at least admit there some serious discipline and maturity at work here? His work ethic was called psychotic by one of his coaches. Now, that's probably why veteran players are saying he's "a young Eli."

I will be pissed if he does not get a shot. Just like last GM had "his" guys that he SO wanted to make it to justify the picks, if this GM goes QB I highly doubt Webb gets a shot. IMO that would be a shame and a mistake.

I like Allen and I could deal with Darnold, but I feel choosing Rosen would be a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

I will be pissed if he does not get a shot. Just like last GM had "his" guys that he SO wanted to make it to justify the picks, if this GM goes QB I highly doubt Webb gets a shot. IMO that would be a shame and a mistake.
      It kind of sounds like you have your guy that you SO want to make it, too. So, you can't really ding Reese for doing the same thing.

As long as we take a quarterback with the #2, I have no problem carrying Webb as the #3 QB. If he's as good as you seem to think he is, then he'll have plenty of opportunity to prove it.

Comment

• Why would you spend a #1 on a qb that cannot help you immediately and be immediately better than Eli. That makes on sense. I would work the the #2 into a late 1st rounder and 2 second round picks. You have got to get help on the o line. It takes many bodies. Reese was so poor in his middle round decisions, where most of your up and comers and backups are located. You realistically need 3 bodies per position. Get the o line fixed, your run game comes around, less pressure on the qb, wr have time to beat somebody in their route, and your defense immediately gets better from the longer rest and more ball control from the offense, means less plays against the d.. The #1 priority is a left tackle, and moving other people around on the o line. Until that position is fixed, it does not matter who the qb is, or the coach. That's why a great left tackle is worth so much money. There are not many of them out there. Look at the consisent winners in the league and look at their o lines. They are good to great, which affects every other position on the field. Its not rocket science, but the boob runing the front office was to0 blind to see his pick for left tackle was a bust from the start. Move Flowers inside where he can use his size to move people. No speed rushers to worry so much about. McDaniels would be my pick for coach, backup would be Webb, and get as many players in the early rounds as possible. Barkley may be worth the pick, even though I like both the running backs from Georgia as much or more. 2 hosses in that backfield.

Comment

• First this is one of my favorite posts ever!
          HC: Josh McDaniels
          QB: Eli (until Lamar is ready)
          Backup QB: Lamar Jackson
          1st Round Pick: Saquon Barkley
          Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

• Read the title. Though about it. Ate dinner. Thought some more. Got my response ready. Opened thread....OP took all my picks lmao. I agree with the OP.

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Don't know if he can be the CEO type envisioned by Gettleman though ....
            Why is that? He is kind of a blue collar guy, but he is super smart. He was offered a job as a nuclear submarine engineer lol. I like the guy a lot. He played center and guard. He has coached dam near everything on the team (DLine, Offensive assistant, OLine, LBs, Safeties and DC). If we can get a good OC to pair with him it could be a home run. I'd like to pair him with Mike Munchak with a zone blocking scheme and his experience with OLines we could have a really nice combo.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              Read the title. Though about it. Ate dinner. Thought some more. Got my response ready. Opened thread....OP took all my picks lmao. I agree with the OP.

Why is that? He is kind of a blue collar guy, but he is super smart. He was offered a job as a nuclear submarine engineer lol. I like the guy a lot. He played center and guard. He has coached dam near everything on the team (DLine, Offensive assistant, OLine, LBs, Safeties and DC). If we can get a good OC to pair with him it could be a home run. I'd like to pair him with Mike Munchak with a zone blocking scheme and his experience with OLines we could have a really nice combo.

I just don’t know on the CEO thing one way or the other ... don’t think that I have ever actually seen him speak

Comment

• The best way (IMO) for this thing to work out.

HC: Steve Wilks
                QB1: Eli
                QB2: Webb
                1st Round : Trade back with Bills and take their two 1sts and 2nds and get a first for the next year’s draft as well as a 3rd in next year’s draft.

Draft
                1. Orlando Brown OT
                1b. Josh Allen LB
                2. Will Hernandez OG
                2b. Tremaine Edmunds LB
                2c. Ronald Jones RB

Comment

• Originally posted by Providence View Post
                  Lots of combinations to go with. Here's mine (with rationales).

Head coach: Matt Patricia. My reasons for this are pure evil. Honestly, I don't know if he's any good. I just want to take him away from the Patriots because I like when Pats fans get their mad face going. Plus, he probably knows a thing or two from working with Bill for so long.

Starting QB: Eli. Eli at 80% is still better than most QBs in this league. We know how good he is with a solid offensive line. I am optimistic (perhaps overly) that Gettleman can build that for him. It'll be his farewell tour.

Backup QB: Webb. Get him with the second-team, get him in some pre-season games and lets see what he can do. I don't understand drafting another QB when we still don't know what we've got in Webb.

First round pick: Saquon Barkley. This guy is too incredible to pass on. I know Oline is a bigger need, but this guys is just too good.
                  This is my pick as well.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                    Draft
                    1. Orlando Brown OT
                    1b. Josh Allen LB
                    2. Will Hernandez OG
                    2b. Tremaine Edmunds LB
                    2c. Ronald Jones RB
                    Would be tough to complain about that one, some solid players there. The problem for me is with a top 5 pick we have the chance to land a WOW type of player and your draft lacks that (even though it is an awesome draft). I want a Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Fitz, Roquan type player that is a game changer at their position.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

• Lol everyone has their own opinion....im drafting Barkley...then I'm going to get linemen in the 2nd round and later....plus we have free agency....lol all of that helps Eli and the offense alot.....you guys gotta think...defenses are gonna have to stop the run of Barkley or stop Odell...we get linemen with that the GIANTS are in buissness
                      Last edited by StroSwift10NYG; 01-04-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Patricia / Eli / Darnold and Webb

I don't like the idea of picking a RB #1
                        sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

• HC: Jon Grudan (the guy lives and breaths football. He loves to evaluate QB talent. Perfect person to have around when drafting a new QB)
                          QB: Eli
                          Backup QB: Webb
                          1st Round Pick: Saquon Barkley or Quenton Nelson (Ideally a trade back to pick 5 or 6 to collect another 1st rounder in 2019, getting closer to Eli's retirement). We need to establish the running game.
                          Last edited by compaqnigg; 01-04-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Hc: Bellichick (sounds crazy but wait for it)
                            qb: Eli
                            Backup: Darnold
                            Draft: Darnold

Comment

• HC: Spags
                              QB: Eli
                              Backup: Webb
                              Draft: Georgia's Linebacker

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                                Would be tough to complain about that one, some solid players there. The problem for me is with a top 5 pick we have the chance to land a WOW type of player and your draft lacks that (even though it is an awesome draft). I want a Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Fitz, Roquan type player that is a game changer at their position.
                                I feel like we have enough game changers. We need Solid workers who can take leadership. Guys that can just flat out play.

Comment

Working...
                                X