Name your ideal HC, starting QB, backup QB and first round pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
    Hc: Bellichick (sounds crazy but wait for it)
    qb: Eli
    Backup: Darnold
    Draft: Darnold
    As soon as Brady retires so will Belichick. End on a high note. I can just about guarantee that's what happens. He is 65 years old now. His career is just about over.

Comment

• Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
      As soon as Brady retires so will Belichick. End on a high note. I can just about guarantee that's what happens. He is 65 years old now. His career is just about over.
      Look at the news today. That relationship isn't what we have been led to believe.

Bellichick may be leaving after this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

Look at the news today. That relationship isn't what we have been led to believe.

Bellichick may be leaving after this season.
        That was big news this morning, I found it odd that they would let Garopolo leave, it "seems" that Bill was very much against it.

Comment

• We need to figure out a way to land Shaquon Barkley, can we please get a legit running back for once

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsincali View Post
            We need to figure out a way to land Shaquon Barkley, can we please get a legit running back for once
            It's pretty simple. They can draft him. I highly doubt the Browns will.

Comment

• Interesting comments so far. Can't believe that anyone is interested in John Fox. If he could not turn around Chicago, why would he be able to turn around the NY Giants. We really have no idea how some of these assistants will do, but we do know what he can do. Also, I am surprised that people would want Mayfield. It's so hard for a QB to make it in the NFL without a rocket arm these days. Also Larmar Jackson looks awesome, but i just don't think that style can make it in the NFL. I just can't see him staying healthy and it's too hard to build a system around him--as if he get's hurt your screwed. It think he's the second coming of RG3.

My first choices:

Sabin (otherwise Daniels)
              Eli (Kurt Warner/Brett Farvre role)
              Rosen or Donald (I am not smart enough to be able to figure out who's going to be better)
              Webb as the back up

Comment

• Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                God for HC

Jesus for QB

and for the First Round, Moses

We can't lose
                I seem to remember Moses was an undrafted FA, but then released.

Comment

• Barkley is an amazing talent. He is also extremely smart, well respected and a humble, but passionate vocal leader in the PSU lockeroom. The guy has an amazing work ethic and out lifts the defensive and offensive linemen on his team!

Obviously Im biased, however whoever gets him will not regret it as long as they have a decent oline to open some holes. He can pound it up the middle but is great at bouncing to the outside and has great hands as a receiver...complete RB. His greatest strength is whatís between his ears and in his heart.

If the Gmen pick him I would be ecstatic, but I wouldnt blame them if they take another QB instead. Perhaps there are no surefire OL to take with the 2nd pick, but they absolutely need to hit on two OL picks in the draft. They also need a couple of solid free agent OL pickups.
                  Last edited by PennState1; 01-08-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                    Barkley is an amazing talent. He is also extremely smart, well respected and a humble, but passionate vocal leader in the PSU lockeroom. The guy has an amazing work ethic and out lifts the defensive and offensive linemen on his team!

Obviously Im biased, however whoever gets him will not regret it as long as they have a decent oline to open some holes. He can pound it up the middle but is great at bouncing to the outside and has great hands as a receiver...complete RB. His greatest strength is whatís between his ears and in his heart.

If the Gmen pick him I would be ecstatic, but I wouldnt blame them if they take another QB instead. Perhaps there are no surefire OL to take with the 2nd pick, but they absolutely need to hit on two OL picks in the draft. They also need a couple of solid free agent OL pickups.
                    I finally saw an interview with Barkley. Very impressed. Obviously mature and humble, looks to love the game. He seems like he could be an offensive leader too. I have never been a draft a RB number 1 guy, but I see potential in Webb and I see concerns in the top college QBs--especially Rosen. The Giants cannot miss on this pick. A Barkley/Gallman tandem could be lethal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                      Barkley is an amazing talent. He is also extremely smart, well respected and a humble, but passionate vocal leader in the PSU lockeroom. The guy has an amazing work ethic and out lifts the defensive and offensive linemen on his team!

Would you pick him at #2?

Comment

• [QUOTE=IBleedblue2323;n3053571]Im pulling for Patricia as well.

I think we roll with Eli and get Webb up to speed. Their has to be a reason he has been on the hush hush for all this time. If we played him then we just let everyone see our cards going into this draft! I like that we are going into this draft and no one knows what we truly have with Webb and if we go QB or RB.

News flash people know Webb can't play because he only had a token activation for 1 game so your only fooling yourself into thinking Webb is some secret weapon and better than Mahomes a guy who beat him out at Texas Tech. What you have to do is compare Webb to these College QB's I don't think Webb would even be a 2nd rd pick this year to be honest,

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Would you pick him at #2?
                          To answer that I would have to feel fairly certain that Webb will be Eliíís eventual replacement. If I did than certainly the answer would be absolutely yes.
                          Last edited by PennState1; 01-09-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            There is no way that we are drafting Barkley at #2.
                            It could be an OLineman, but my gut tells me Gettleman is picking Barkley!
                            There is no way heís taking a QB with the number 2 pick.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• HC: Steve Wilks. Tireless worker with real guts to make tough calls, also is a no BS type of guy. Got his defense playing really well, both the pass rush and secondary.

QB: Eli Manning. He's still Eli Manning and if better protected you know he's still gonna make the tight window throws.

Backup QB: Davis Webb. I see a lot of Eli in him with more mobility. 1 or 2 more years learning and I'm confident he can make it.

1st round pick: Saquon Barkley. Generational talent, future all-pro, team leader and future team captain. Enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

It could be an OLineman, but my gut tells me Gettleman is picking Barkley!
                                There is no way heís taking a QB with the number 2 pick.

If he doesn't take a QB, he has to trade back. We don't have the luxury of taking a RB at 2 when we have so many holes to fill.

Comment

Working...
                                X