Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli drops to 27th for QBs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

    Whatever...he's part of 2 SB winning teams, the best all time QB in NY history and most likely will make it into Canton...not too shabby for a scrub...
    Interesting.

    That has nothing to do with your post that I quoted.

    Carry on.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

      Interesting.

      That has nothing to do with your post that I quoted.

      Carry on.
      I think it does...you said "If you ignore 2/3rds of his post season appearances."...I was stating his accomplishments as a result of his post season performances and threw in a touch of sarcasm...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

        I think it does...you said "If you ignore 2/3rds of his post season appearances."...I was stating his accomplishments as a result of his post season performances and threw in a touch of sarcasm...
        All you did was prove my point.

        Your original claim: Eli always steps up in the post season.

        My retort: You are seemingly ignoring 4 of Eli's 6 post season appearances.

        Your reply: He was great in 2 of his 6 post season appearances.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

          All you did was prove my point.

          Your original claim: Eli always steps up in the post season.

          My retort: You are seemingly ignoring 4 of Eli's 6 post season appearances.

          Your reply: He was great in 2 of his 6 post season appearances.
          Eli showed up fine last year in GB. too bad the rest of the team didn't.
          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

            I believe what he does at #2 will largely dictate his legacy. Lets see what happens
            I don't think any one pick defines a GM's career. Hopefully he'll be given enough time to have a well rounded view as Reese did.

            Not that Reese is getting the benefit of that here.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

              Eli showed up fine last year in GB. too bad the rest of the team didn't.
              Yeah, he did. But we're in full on revisionist mode now.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                Eli showed up fine last year in GB. too bad the rest of the team didn't.
                w768xh576_giants.jpg

                How pathetic is this group?
                Last edited by Roosevelt; 01-07-2018, 03:17 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

                  All you did was prove my point.

                  Your original claim: Eli always steps up in the post season.

                  My retort: You are seemingly ignoring 4 of Eli's 6 post season appearances.

                  Your reply: He was great in 2 of his 6 post season appearances.
                  OK...he was good in his last 4 appearances then wouldn't you say?...includimg GB last season where he came out firing hitting our receivers in the hands but they forgot how to catch the ball

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

                    I don't think any one pick defines a GM's career. Hopefully he'll be given enough time to have a well rounded view as Reese did.

                    Not that Reese is getting the benefit of that here.
                    I only say that because if he passes on a QB who turns out to be talented at #2 it could haunt this team for a decade.

                    It it could also be a great decision. I really think this is a franchise altering draft class. Iíll give Gettlemen the benefit of the doubt. Lets see what he does, hoping for the best here

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

                      I'm just giving you the possibility that PFF has been involved in football decisions, or providing data to those who make those decisions. Teams use various independent contractors to captures stats. Even practices are tracked.
                      That's kind of like saying the CPA for a construction conglomerate knows how to operate heavy machinery.
                      ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

                        I only say that because if he passes on a QB who turns out to be talented at #2 it could haunt this team for a decade.

                        It it could also be a great decision. I really think this is a franchise altering draft class. Iíll give Gettlemen the benefit of the doubt. Lets see what he does, hoping for the best here

                        It might. I honestly don't know.

                        I just want him to do what is in the best interests of the team long term.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

                          I only say that because if he passes on a QB who turns out to be talented at #2 it could haunt this team for a decade.

                          It it could also be a great decision. I really think this is a franchise altering draft class. Iíll give Gettlemen the benefit of the doubt. Lets see what he does, hoping for the best here
                          as long as we get good player(s) I donít care. There will always be guys we could have gotten. The key is not to bust on those you do pick.....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                            Eli showed up fine last year in GB. too bad the rest of the team didn't.
                            Factor in the drops and he was average... slightly above average? Not exactly "stepping up" which is what's being discussed here. If the argument was "showing up fine" then we could entertain your post.

                            When I think of stepping up I think of watching Brees, Brady, etc. Hell, Eli in 07-08 and 11-12 was ridiculously awesome to watch.

                            His play in 2015 was not even in the same realm as that.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

                              OK...he was good in his last 4 appearances then wouldn't you say?l
                              No.

                              He was average in 2015 vs GB even if you factor in the drops.

                              He was unreal in 2011-12

                              He was godawful dismal in 2008-09 vs the Eagles

                              He was unreal in 2007-08

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

                                Factor in the drops and he was average... slightly above average? Not exactly "stepping up" which is what's being discussed here. If the argument was "showing up fine" then we could entertain your post.

                                When I think of stepping up I think of watching Brees, Brady, etc. Hell, Eli in 07-08 and 11-12 was ridiculously awesome to watch.

                                His play in 2015 was not even in the same realm as that.
                                This is all subjective nonsense. It's impossible to speak in generalities and then attempt to make declarative absolutes.

                                Taken as a whole Manning's playoff play ranks him among the top QBs, not as high as Brady and higher than Brees. And certainly the two runs in 07 and 11 are the reason for that. Like it or not there is a premium for playing your best during the most important games. Ask any Andt Reid team.

                                Without going game by game and comparing every single game in detail to each other, which would probably hurt Rothlisberger the most of all modern QBs. this is just a lot of apples are better than oranges and everybody knows it banter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X